The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking

+19
jfs556
leestu
aquamann2001
Keyser Soze
thswrestler160
Nycguy84
J.I.
transformers2
nickb1016
undeadmonkey
Spectre
W
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
geezer9687
BanksIsDaFuture
brockman81
BarcaRulz
JackO
23 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking - Page 4 Empty Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:43 pm

TDK had $67M. Man, fuck America in their easily-entertained asses.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking - Page 4 Empty Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm

So, you're saying we're a lousy country because we all rush out to see Dark Knight and Transformers instead of Slumdog Millionaire or Gran Torino?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, the fact that everyone runs out to see Transformers instead of Gran Torino definitely doesn't say that were a smart country.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 pm

mfrendo wrote:

were a smart country

actually that would be "we're," not "were."

Case rested I guess, huh?
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:26 pm

I dont think it has anything to do with being smart. We dont go see Transformers for its intellectual value, we go see it for entertainment value. And I would also like to note that the first Transformers made over 300million overseas, so dont act like simple minded americans are the only ones seeing the movie

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 pm

mfrendo wrote:Well, the fact that everyone runs out to see Transformers instead of Gran Torino definitely doesn't say that we're a smart country.

I just can't agree with that statement. I saw both and enjoyed both for very different reasons.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:11 am

"Grand Ternino...ain't that a car?"

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking - Page 4 Redneck
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 am

Hey look, Star Trek rose 30.3% on Wednesday when Transformers 2 came out. Looks like Paramount is slipping some of Transformers's gross into Star Trek to help it get to $250 million.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 am

Transformers is officially the all time Wednesday box office champ. Also, Year One is officially a sinking ship!
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 am

Second day ever for a movie to make over $60 million.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:08 am

So now that the 60 million is official, where do we think this going to end up for the 5 day?
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 am

I imagine that you'll see a big Thursday drop, a better Friday and Saturday and a drop on Sunday.

$26 million Thursday
$35 million Friday
$31 million Saturday
$24 million Sunday

$176 million 5-day (good enough for the second highest ever)
$90 million 3-day (the Wednesday opening hurt any chance for it to break The Dark Knight's record)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:48 am

I think its going to be quite the 5 Day haul not sure how much yet but its going to be gigantic.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:47 am

brockman81 wrote:mfrendo wrote:

were a smart country

actually that would be "we're," not "were."

Case rested I guess, huh?

Haha

Yeah, I used to be a stickler for grammar, until I started posting on the forums so much...it just becomes a pain in the ass after a while.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
mfrendo wrote:Well, the fact that everyone runs out to see Transformers instead of Gran Torino definitely doesn't say that we're a smart country.

I just can't agree with that statement. I saw both and enjoyed both for very different reasons.

Even still, I doubt you can really say that it's an intelligent film, even as a fan. It's just not. In fact, it's pretty fucking stupid as a film.

Which isn't to say you can't like it. I personally liked the remake of Friday the 13th, and it's not exactly Kurosawa either. I just like slasher films/horror films even if they aren't all that smart, the way you like comic films, and Busc likes the Love Guru.

But still, I highly doubt anyone can argue that TF2 was intelligent in any manner of speaking...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:01 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:TDK had $67M. Man, fuck America in their easily-entertained asses.

Why is it that every time Americans want a little entertainment over substance, it's a negative. I absolutely love well made movies that make me think and require a deep understanding, but sometimes, especially during the summer, it's nice to just kick back and watch a high-powered, big action popcorn flick.

Nothing wrong with that at all IMO and with Transformers, any doubters really should've seen this coming. A popcorn flick like this is pretty much review-proof.
Spectre
Spectre
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:09 am

It's not every time, at least not with me. I understand why it made so much, I just personally have come to absoleluty hate the movie.

I don't even have the problem that it broke records, I just hate that people think it's better than the first. That's the easily-entertained cracked.

I still banking on the fact that at least some bad WOM will hurt it, but that's probably out the window.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:45 am

Spectre wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:TDK had $67M. Man, fuck America in their easily-entertained asses.

Why is it that every time Americans want a little entertainment over substance, it's a negative.

A popcorn flick like this is pretty much review-proof.

It's the fact that the majority of Americans want only entertainment and very little substance...people just want to watch spectacle in the coliseum, while Rome falls around them.

And nothing is review proof...especially when it comes to legs...just ask all of us who had Transformers, or even Wolverine on slates. Or Speed Racer last year...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:19 am

And after nearly 10,000 votes, T2's UR is 7.0. Not too shabby.

Even LESS shabby is the UR for Public Enemies, which is at 9.3 with over 1100 votes. Holy Hannah!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Yeah, its at a 7.0, but expect it to drop over the coming weeks. Its already worse than the first's which has had 2 years to decline and hasn't dropped below 7.4. That Public Enemies UR is making it a more intriguing Ultimate pick.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:41 am

Terminator Salvation has a 7.1 IMDb rating. It's probably not good that it has a lower rating than that film.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 am

Terminator Salvation was better
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 am

So, people should watch chess instead of football, or a least be interested in the physics of football while enjoying the Super Bowl? While lying in a hammock, you should be pondering the meaning of life? While playing euchre, you should be thinking about how you can build homes for starving children in Africa with them? I don't understand why you can't enjoy something and not get anything tangible out of it.

If you think a film's awful, that's fine. It doesn't mean that other people can't enjoy it...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:22 am

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't suspend my brain far enough to begin to enjoy Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:43 am

People actually DIDN'T put Revenge on the Fallen on their slates? Ouch!
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next