The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking

+19
jfs556
leestu
aquamann2001
Keyser Soze
thswrestler160
Nycguy84
J.I.
transformers2
nickb1016
undeadmonkey
Spectre
W
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
geezer9687
BanksIsDaFuture
brockman81
BarcaRulz
JackO
23 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:41 am

W wrote:Again... Public Enemies isn't going to hurt Transformers...

I agree
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Tracking

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 am

Also agree Public Enemies will do minimal damage to Transformers. btw only 3 weeks till Transformers im pumped!
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:15 am

Buscemi wrote:To me, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen is going to be like Spider-Man 3. The opening will be huge, but it also drop quickly due to competition and audience disappointment. It will be a huge hit but it won't be one that we'll be happy with.

I love how you can say audience disappointment will be factor when its not even out yet Laughing
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 am

W wrote:Again... Public Enemies isn't going to hurt Transformers...
Yeah Booush, what you're saying is like saying that The Mummy 3, Step Brothers, or Pineapple Express hurt TDK. People will come out to see this even if they want to see PE as indicated by its insanely high First Choice numbers.

And doesn't that say something about us that we would die before watching Twilight because of Rob Pattinson, but the girls are happy to see Megan Fox (umm... I mean Transformers) with us?
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:08 am

Buscemi does have a point though, TF2 could very well be the next Spider-Man 3. Big OW, huge drop-off, barely a multiplier of 2, and all-around a disappointment.

But we'll just have to wait and see.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:10 am

It looks like this Transformers will open higher than the first. People know what they're getting with this film just as they knew what they were getting with the first. I expect the same quality (whether you think its good quality or bad is irrevelent) for the same people that saw the first, and the OW looks to be bigger than the first... So it should end up somewhere north of $300 M (I'm thinking a good amount better), which by all accounts is worth the $40-something pricetag in this game...

I really don't see how you're surviving at this point in the year Busc... You missed every good pick for the past few months.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:08 am

It will have a bigger opening weekend definately because the last one had strong holds after its opening weekend and all of those people will be going out early to see this one, and because it will have a way bigger total than the first one.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:47 am

Im a little worried by the early reviews at RT...they are overwhelmingly negative. It sits at about 38%

The first one didnt get the best reviews either but it still managed a fresh 61%

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 am

The early buzz its that its good i dont know i dont think the reviews will have much of an impact on this one.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:51 am

transformers2 wrote:The early buzz its that its good i dont know i dont think the reviews will have much of an impact on this one.

But didn't I hear that about another killer robot movie that came out this year? Hmmm.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycguy84 Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:54 am

Transformers will not, can not, and should not bomb the way Terminator did. We know what we're getting with ROTF: Megan Fox sexiness, a big, loud, robot action movie.
Nycguy84
Nycguy84
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:12 am

I've heard it's just more of the same. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad. Personally, I liked the first one but this one just looks like total shit.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:52 am

Transformers will be a smash. it wont do as bad as Terminator. I think it will gross more in 5 days than Terminator will in its entire run.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:22 am

It will open huge no matter how bad the reviews are, however if fan reaction is less than enthusiastic it could fall hard

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:58 am

nickb1016 wrote:It will open huge no matter how bad the reviews are, however if fan reaction is less than enthusiastic it could fall hard

May fall hard in its third weekend but not the second.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 pm

Well its strange that you think it would be the hardest fall, it is the weekend with the least competition. It second weekend brings the sure to be huge Ice Age 3 and the star driven Public Enemies. Neither one is a direct threat but they should take away at least 100million over the 5 day period. If word of mouth is bad thats a lot to stand up against.

I think its third weekend is its best shot at holding well. Beth Cooper doesnt look like much of a factor. Bruno will take away some adult males, but teens boys should still have nothing but Transformers.

The it has to take on Harry Potter and Im sure you know what will happen there.

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:37 pm

Im sure he was just confused and was talking about the HP weekend
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:53 am

I'm really starting to doubt Transformers. The hype is lower than the first one, and certainly way way lower than TDK which had a $203 million 5-day.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:35 am

I just saw a new trailer for Transformers with Imagine That. Apparently this thing appeals solely to five year-olds since you see shots of Transformers crying and spewing spit, Transformers with crazy voices that are not even Saturday morning cartoon level and government agents who still think that Optimus Prime is "just a truck". The last two trailers were bad but this one is the worst of all.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:22 am

J.I. wrote:I'm really starting to doubt Transformers. The hype is lower than the first one, and certainly way way lower than TDK which had a $203 million 5-day.

Umm... what numbers are you expecting? On the IMDB boards nutcases are predicting $228 M 5-day. My expectations are that you're going to get $150 M, which is bigger than the first's 6-day total I believe. Even at those numbers, $19 (or is it $20?) for one weekend is great.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Actually I have seen real and good box office predictors suggest numbers like that. But it will get over $150 million or it may not even get to $300 million total.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 am

I really doubt the reviews are going to hurt it at all. right now its sitting at a 7.6 with over 3500 votes it won the international weekend bringing in over 20 million in just the UK and Japan. I dont see any reason why it cant hit 155-160. Also does anyone have an update on how well its doing compared to other movies on fandango sales?

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Nycguy84 Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Reviews won't hurt it. Bad word of mouth would keep it away from being a monster blockbuster.

I think everyone can say 150 million is on the low end for it's 5 day. The ceiling is around 200 (for the 5 day keep in mind). Let's say 170 for its opening 5 day. July 4th weekend is going to be crowded but it still won't get annihilated with a huge 2nd weekend drop b/c July 4th weekend is the most visited movie weekend of the year. But if word of mouth is bad for the film after its first two weekends it can fade, no doubt about that.

I think with solid word of mouth, decent reviews, a huge opening weekend, a solid 2nd weekend hold. Transformers should stand near 250 mil after it's second weekend. That will be a bloated total because basically Transformers 2 has back to back 5 day weekends which should make Paramount very happy. So it's getting to 300 without much a struggle but can it hit 400 (of course like I said word of mouth for the overall audience not just the fanboys has to be good & reviews solid enough)?
Nycguy84
Nycguy84
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:05 am

I think all the bad reviews and bad WOM is going to hurt it, but only after it's huge 5-day OW. It's sitting at 28% rotten on RT and Ebert's review is classic. So far, everybody hates it, JoBlo gave it a 2/10. Just like Buscemi and I said before, it's Spider-Man 3 all over again.

Here's Ebert's review:

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

The plot is incomprehensible. The dialog of the Autobots, Deceptibots and Otherbots is meaningless word flap. Their accents are Brooklyese, British and hip-hop, as befits a race from the distant stars. Their appearance looks like junkyard throw-up. They are dumb as a rock. They share the film with human characters who are much more interesting, and that is very faint praise indeed.

The movie has been signed by Michael Bay. This is the same man who directed "The Rock" in 1996. Now he has made "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Faust made a better deal. This isn't a film so much as a toy tie-in. Children holding a Transformer toy in their hand can invest it with wonder and magic, imagining it doing brave deeds and remaining always their friend. I knew a little boy once who lost his blue toy truck at the movies, and cried as if his heart would break. Such a child might regard "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" with fear and dismay.

The human actors are in a witless sitcom part of the time, and lot of the rest of their time is spent running in slo-mo away from explosions, although--hello!--you can't outrun an explosion. They also make speeches like this one by John Turturro: "Oh, no! The machine is buried in the pyramid! If they turn it on, it will destroy the sun! Not on my watch!" The humans, including lots of U.S. troops, shoot at the Transformers a lot, although never in the history of science fiction has an alien been harmed by gunfire.

There are many great-looking babes in the film, who are made up to a flawless perfection and look just like real women, if you are a junior fanboy whose experience of the gender is limited to lad magazines. The two most inexplicable characters are Ron and Judy Witwicky (Kevin Dunn and Julie White), who are the parents of Shia LaBeouf, who Mephistopheles threw in to sweeten the deal. They take their son away to Princeton, apparently a party school, where Judy eats some pot and goes berserk. Later they swoop down out of the sky on Egypt, for reasons the movie doesn't make crystal clear, so they also can run in slo-mo from explosions.

The battle scenes are bewildering. A Bot makes no visual sense anyway, but two or three tangled up together create an incomprehensible confusion. I find it amusing that creatures that can unfold out of a Camaro and stand four stories high do most of their fighting with...fists. Like I say, dumber than a box of staples. They have tiny little heads, except for Starscream®️, who is so ancient he has an aluminum beard.

Aware that this movie opened in England seven hours before Chicago time and the morning papers would be on the streets, after writing the above I looked up the first reviews as a reality check. I was reassured: "Like watching paint dry while getting hit over the head with a frying pan!" (Bradshaw, Guardian); "Sums up everything that is most tedious, crass and despicable about modern Hollywood!" (Tookey, Daily Mail); "A giant, lumbering idiot of a movie!" (Edwards, Daily Mirror). The first American review, however, reported that it "feels destined to be the biggest movie of all time" (Todd Gilchrist, Cinematical). It’s certainly the biggest something of all time.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:10 am

I havent really been anticipating T2 much, but that review made me more interested in going to see it. should i go see a doctor?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next