The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM Best Artists in the History of Rock and Roll (Nominations Page)

+12
silversurfer19
mfrendo
Buscemi
leestu
Keyser Soze
NSpan
transformers2
Shrykespeare
numbersix_99
BarcaRulz
W
geezer9687
16 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

FM Best Artists in the History of Rock and Roll (Nominations Page) - Page 8 Empty Re: FM Best Artists in the History of Rock and Roll (Nominations Page)

Post by leestu Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:20 am

Donte77 wrote:
geezer9687 wrote: I can not tell you the illegal things I would do just to get a Blink-182 reunion.

I can not tell you the illegal things I would do to ensure that there is no such reunion. My plane sabotage almost worked but that tattooed fucker got away. Have to plan better next time...

Twisted Evil

That is the funniest thing I have ever read. Can I quote you, anonymously of course?

Joining in the conversation and catching up: I like Blink 182. They were fun. What's wrong with fun. Ditto with Green Day, they embarassed themselves in the middle of their career (Friends? what were they thinking) but have returned to quality in the last few years with tracks like American Idiot and Jesus of Suburbia. I haven't heard or heard of Sublime. Maybe they haven't made it to Australia, or I just haven't noticed them.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

FM Best Artists in the History of Rock and Roll (Nominations Page) - Page 8 Empty Re: FM Best Artists in the History of Rock and Roll (Nominations Page)

Post by A_Roode Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:43 am

Donte77 wrote:
mfrendo wrote:Am I the only one voting to take Green Day off this poll? They started good, then went downhill the minute they latched to MTV and tried to be pop stars (who are all kind of lame if you ask me...).

Green Day was my 2nd choice but I cannot stand Sublime. Reggae wannabe stoner crap.

I knew there was a reason we were friends. Eloquently and accurately put. I voted them down once. They rise again like the unkillable zombies their music turns the rest of us into.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 am

So it is down to two. Green Day and Sublime were tied for the lead with 4 votes a piece. They are the final runoff.

Vote for who you want in the final spot to be obliterated by Nirvana!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 pm

I guess I should add an addendum to my anti-sublime statements. I cannot stand this new wave hippie shit. Hippies back in the 60s had a reason. Kids who are hippies now are generally just lazy stoner fucks who do not like bathing. Or working. Or being intelligent.

Not that I like Green Day either but I cannot stand Sublime.

And you all have my permission to use my plane crash quote. I just want proper citing... Very Happy
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:29 am

By one vote, Green Day earns the right to be pulverized by Nirvana!

New thread for this era will be up soon. Nominations page is now closed.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 am

geezer9687 wrote:By one vote, Green Day earns the right to be pulverized by Nirvana!

New thread for this era will be up soon. Nominations page is now closed.

A truer statement has rarely been said or written. I doubt anybody in America would vote for Green Day over Nirvana. Even Billy's mother looks at him with sad eyes and votes for Nirvana. Smile
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:11 am

Well Donte, they did get 3 votes in our poll.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:33 am

Donte77 wrote:I guess I should add an addendum to my anti-sublime statements. I cannot stand this new wave hippie shit. Hippies back in the 60s had a reason. Kids who are hippies now are generally just lazy stoner fucks who do not like bathing. Or working. Or being intelligent.
hippies in the 60s were equally lazy stoner fucks did not like bathing, working, or being intelligent... they just had better taste in music
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8