The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Did You Hear About The Morgans Trailer 1

Looks pretty lame, very much a Hugh Grant rom-com. I do like the set-up though.

The Fourth Kind Trailer 1

Creepy as shit. I really do hope everything is true and not just a marketing ploy.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Yeah, but it's based on a huge book by the same guy who wrote No Country For Old Men. Expect the marketing to exploit this to death.

If there is any marketing. The Weinstein Company will probably dump it into 1,000 theatres and make it look like I Am Legend 2. That was probably the plan from the get-go.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Legion and Law Abiding Citizen both look like pretty good action movies.

The Boys Are Back:

I'm actually looking forward to this. Have heard some very good things about it and Clive Owen is awesome!

Saw VI:

Watched all the other ones, so i'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing ends.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Buscemi wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Yeah, but it's based on a huge book by the same guy who wrote No Country For Old Men. Expect the marketing to exploit this to death.

If there is any marketing. The Weinstein Company will probably dump it into 1,000 theatres and make it look like I Am Legend 2. That was probably the plan from the get-go.

Um.... how much money did I Am Legend make again??
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Yeah, Law Abiding Citizen looks like some good stuff. I think it'll suffer from being released the same weekend as The Road. It reminds me of Fracture a bit.

Shryke, how do you imbed the videos so big?

They're from a different site, Banks.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:34 pm

geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:

Nobody likes a blatant ripoff, Geez.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Buscemi wrote:The Road is DOA. The bad test screenings hurt it and it's being released by a financially troubled company. I'll be surprised if it manages $20 million total.

I only see a few films in the theater a year and I'll be there opening weekend if I can. Remember, this book is one of the darkest stories ever written where some truly awful and evil stuff is going on. If it suffered from bad test screenings, its probably because they didn't have the right audience. If films like The Unborn, The Haunting in Connecticut, and My Bloody Valentine can bring in the cash, what can a well made horror film do? We'll see in time.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Buscemi wrote:
geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:

Sure they do, Star Trek made like 260 million dollars!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Buscemi wrote:
geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:

Do you know anything about The Road? If you did, you would delete this post immediately because it makes you look like a dumbass. Not saying you are, just that you seem to be ignorant about what the book is about. They aren't the last people on earth, there's no vampire type creatures, in fact no creatures at all... Not even a cow. This is man vs. man type stuff, fight for survival in a post-apoc world filled with people that will do anything to survive (I mean anything). So don't tell me that it anything like I Am Legend...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm

The Road will make money. Its is considered to be one of the best book of all time. Personally i thought it was a fantastic book and cant wait to see the film.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 pm

geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:
geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:

So now you're saying that Star Trek is a rip off of Star Trek? I thought that a reboot was just that, a reboot? How can you rip off something if you give credit to the original guy and say that its the same exact story that he told? Or is it like when you said that Star Trek ripped off Star Wars even though Star Trek was around when George Lucas was in college? If Star Trek rips off something, then Terminator 2 ripped off Terminator!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 pm

I know what The Road is. But considering the Weinsteins' track record, you just know that they will give something that isn't The Road. For example, why was the film version given to the studio's B-movie division? Not too many Pulitzer Prize winning novels are adapted by B-movie labels. It's like Screen Gems doing F. Scott Fitzgerald or Rogue adapting A Confederacy Of Dunces.

Also, the Weinsteins take test screenings to heart. Just look at Killshot. That was tested to the wrong audience and the whole film got reshot as a result. This film was tested to the wrong audience because people were wanting I Am Legend 2. That is most likely what you will expect with the film version of The Road. A cheap cash-in instead of a faithful adaptation of a popular novel.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I could care less about all that Jibba Jabba! It doesn't matter what happened before, it has a release date, its releasing wide, and it has a great looking trailer. I saw the trailer, it looks like a faithful adaptation to me so much so that it will put some people off.

One question: Have you actually see the trailer.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:10 pm

They actually released a trailer?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:36 pm

What part of this looks like I Am Legend? The only part I don't like is the news footage at the beginning because in the book they never even try to explain what happened, its all about what happens after.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 pm

I just watched the trailer (which amazingly enough is three months old but I had never seen it promoted or played before anything). It looks like a thinking man's I Am Legend (many of the early shots look similar to I Am Legend and one of Roland Emmerich's disaster movies) meets a standard thriller.

However, it looks like that I was right about the Weinsteins trying to get the film to fail. The trailer doesn't seem to know if the film is a sci-fi film for smart people or a thriller for the average masses. And there have been no attempts to show the trailer before any films or promote the trailer on the Internet. Also, I heard the Howie scream in the trailer and that often screams low-rent.

And last, is it really a good idea to release this a month before 2012?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 pm

W wrote:
geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:
geezer9687 wrote:
Buscemi wrote:

So now you're saying that Star Trek is a rip off of Star Trek? I thought that a reboot was just that, a reboot? How can you rip off something if you give credit to the original guy and say that its the same exact story that he told? Or is it like when you said that Star Trek ripped off Star Wars even though Star Trek was around when George Lucas was in college? If Star Trek rips off something, then Terminator 2 ripped off Terminator!

If you have read anything I've written about this version of Star Trek, I have said its a blatant rip off of Star Wars, because it was. Star Wars is not like the original incantations of Star Trek. I'm pretty sure that J.J. Abrams' Star Trek wasn't around when George Lucas was in college. I also contribute its success to the fact that it was much, MUCH more like a Star Wars story in the Star Trek universe, than another incantation of Star Trek.

Saying people don't like blatant rip-offs from Buscemi is also just kinda funny, considering he considers The Hangover a blatant ripoff and it made oodles of money too.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:19 pm

I did not consider The Hangover a ripoff or something. The trailer made it look like a ripoff of something. The actual movie was not, though it did seem to copy elements of Superbad.

Meanwhile, that one scene in the ice planet does not make Star Trek a ripoff of Star Wars or The Empire Strikes Back. Now if they had used lightsabers or revealed Nero to be Kirk's father at the end, then it would be a ripoff.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:37 pm

BarcaRulz wrote:Legion and Law Abiding Citizen both look like pretty good action movies.

The Boys Are Back:

I'm actually looking forward to this. Have heard some very good things about it and Clive Owen is awesome!

Saw VI:

Watched all the other ones, so i'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing ends.

The Boys Are Back looks really good.

And Saw 6 is not the end of the series. Saw 7 is coming out next year. in 3-D.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:40 pm

They will keep making Saw movies as long as people see them. And when people stop seeing them, then they'll keep making them for DVD.

Can you say, Saw XLII: Cooking With Jigsaw?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 am

I don't see how Star Trek is a rip off of Star Wars... None of the people on star trek had magic powers (the force), I don't believe Luke went to an academy, I don't believe any of the heroes were cargo-carriers, I didn't see a wookie, they didn't rescue a princess, they didn't fly any solo-ships, the bad guy wasn't half machine, there's not Earth in Star Wars...

This story was basically written by Gene Roddenberry and just interpreted by Abrams and his writers. As far as I've heard, they used the same basic story that Roddenberry had wrote/came up with (about them meeting) a decade before Star Wars existed. I don't understand what's the same except that they're set in space (original Star Trek was before it) and they meet hostile and non hostile alien races (original Star Trek was before it). Neither was a ripoff of the other one.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:46 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

The Boys Are Back looks really good.

And Saw 6 is not the end of the series. Saw 7 is coming out next year. in 3-D.

I'm pretty sure they announced 6 was the last one ages ago. I think as they were making the 3rd one, they said they were going to make 6 and then wrap up the story. Which to be honest is making sense cause if you watch movies 3, 4, and 5 so far they are like one big movie.

Although i don't doubt that some movie exec will probably get greedy and do another one, i just meant last one in the 'proper' series.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:58 am

Horror movie series never end. Even when you think they do, they don't.

Also, I remember reading that there were talks about Saw 7, Saw 8 and Saw 9 recently as possible entries.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:20 am

I stopped caring after Saw 3. I think the proper series was the first 3, then after that, they started in with that cop who was the new Jigsaw and shit. I prefer the original and the chick (forget her name) who was his apprentice. I might catch up on Saw 5 since it's the only one I haven't seen yet and I'll probably watch 6. Moreso for the traps then the convoluted, non-linear story.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I stopped caring after Saw 3. I think the proper series was the first 3, then after that, they started in with that cop who was the new Jigsaw and shit. I prefer the original and the chick (forget her name) who was his apprentice. I might catch up on Saw 5 since it's the only one I haven't seen yet and I'll probably watch 6. Moreso for the traps then the convoluted, non-linear story.

I personally thought the first one was brilliant. The second one i thought was a complete disaster though. Then 3-5 came and i thought they were not as good as the first, but solid installments. They knew they fucked up with number 2 which is why they tried to tie it in with the next three installments with Donnie Wahlbergs character.

I like the non-linear story to be honest. Keeps you watching carefully to catch any 'hints' or make conclusions from certain things.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next