The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by Buscemi Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 am

I had not heard of Trucker before I had seen the trailer. It does look like a more interesting version of Rachel Getting Married though and it has a better cast than that film.

Also, my dad might actually like this film (he drives trucks for a living).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 am

Yeah, I never heard of Trucker either. It looks kinda good, but who is Cinemavault? Never even heard of that distributor, who even knows if this'll get a theatrical release...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 am

Cinemavault is actually a production company. They've produced other small independent films such as Steve Buscemi's Interview.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 pm

silversurfer19 wrote: You know what the academy are like. If an actress goes through a transformation for her role, usually making themselves look very plain (Charlize Theron - Monster, Nicole Kidman - The Hours, Kate Winslett - The Reader etc) then an Oscar is usually not far around the corner.

Monohan is still hot so they didn't go "plain" enough. LOL

silversurfer19 wrote:
On that particular note though, I watched Coco Avant Chanel last night. Knowing also how the academy like to give awards to actresses who play a real person (Julia Roberts - Erin Brockovitch, Nicole Kidman - The Hours, Charlize Theron - Monster, Reese Witherspoon - Walk The Line, Helen Mirren - The Queen, Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose), i would be very surprised if we didn't find Tautou up for an Oscar. She is very good in the movie by the way.

Good to here since we all know about my fascination with Audrey. I would love her to get more recognition in the states (other than as the chick from the Da Vinci Code).

Shrykespeare wrote:Loved the trailer for Men Who Stare at Goats.

"Well, the hooker thing is definitely a lie!" Spacey AND Bridges? How can you not love that?! And they're not even the stars!

Men Who Stare at Goats looks hilarious and could easily make my top ten of the year if the movie is as good as I hope.
Trucker looks okay, definitely a DVD viewing.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Here were some trailers that I saw before a print of 500 Days Of Summer:

Post Grad
Precious
Taking Woodstock
The Stepfather
Adam

Adam looks like a different but cute little romantic comedy. Interesting that Fox chose not to go wide with it (were they afraid of potential controversy or something?).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:35 am

This looks good.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:19 pm

Donte77 wrote:
silversurfer19 wrote: You know what the academy are like. If an actress goes through a transformation for her role, usually making themselves look very plain (Charlize Theron - Monster, Nicole Kidman - The Hours, Kate Winslett - The Reader etc) then an Oscar is usually not far around the corner.

Monohan is still hot so they didn't go "plain" enough. LOL

silversurfer19 wrote:
On that particular note though, I watched Coco Avant Chanel last night. Knowing also how the academy like to give awards to actresses who play a real person (Julia Roberts - Erin Brockovitch, Nicole Kidman - The Hours, Charlize Theron - Monster, Reese Witherspoon - Walk The Line, Helen Mirren - The Queen, Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose), i would be very surprised if we didn't find Tautou up for an Oscar. She is very good in the movie by the way.

Good to here since we all know about my fascination with Audrey. I would love her to get more recognition in the states (other than as the chick from the Da Vinci Code).

I'm predicting a standoff between Hilary Swank - Amelia and Audrey Tautou - Chanel, I think Swank will win it, but it would be cool to see another upset like two years ago with Marion Cotillard.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Defendor (Woody Harrelson, Kat Dennings)

Looks very good, kinda like Kick-Ass but more serious. I'm hoping this will get a theatrical release.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Defendor will be premiering at the Toronto Film Festival so it should get a distributor then.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:28 am

BarcaRulz wrote: This looks good.

I saw the trailer for Paranormal Activity about 18 months ago and got on a mailing list for where it would be showing. It went to a few tiny film festivals and then I stopped getting the emails. Good to know it is hovering around somewhere.

becs wrote:
Donte77 wrote:

I'm predicting a standoff between Hilary Swank - Amelia and Audrey Tautou - Chanel, I think Swank will win it, but it would be cool to see another upset like two years ago with Marion Cotillard.

Hard to say but Swank does have previous Academy experience and they are both playing real people. AN upset of the two of them would be huge.

Defendor looks good but I am not sure if it is a comedy or a drama. Looks like Special with Michael Rapaport from a couple years ago. The trailer for Special was hilarious about a man with no powers who thinks he is a super hero and the movie was very depressing about a man with mental illness. This could go either way too.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 am

I liked Special. Magnolia put it in the Six Shooter Film Series lineup with Let The Right One In last year and I liked it more than Let The Right One In.

Also, I expect the Academy Award race to be anyone's award. At least two previous winners (Streep, Swank) will be nominated with Tautou and another winner and nominee (Connelly and Adams) may get in the race also.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:03 am

The Men Who Stare At Goats looks decent. I still cant get over how bad Alice In Wonderland looks. Tim Burton ruins another classic.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:19 am

haha, i love the way Alice in Wonderland looks! i cant wait!!!
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:30 am

Why has no one posted the trailer for Boondock Saints II All saints day! Its going to be totally bad ass. If I knew how to post the trailers I would.

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 am

Here you go:

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:35 am

And here is Woody Harrelson's latest: Defendor

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:44 am

At least they are bringing back Billy Connolly for Boondock Saints II.

Also, I noticed that Defendor seems to have that Canadian touch often lacking in other Canadian productions with American leads. Maybe it's the sense of identity or something.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 pm

All Saints Day looks amazing!!! Can't wait!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 am

Can't really agree with you there, geez, but i guess this should shut up some fanboys. I hope it's even worse than the first one.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 am

I imagine NSpan will like it since it's got Clifton Collins Jr. in it (the fourth film that I remember him being in this year).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:29 am

It won't be hard for it to be worse than the first one. That would mean it doesn't crack my top 5 films of all time.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:20 am

All Saints Day looks awesome. The Boondock Saints is amazing. Also like geez its in my Top 10 films of all time.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 am

Admittedly, it's not really my kind of movie anyway.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:08 am

Trailers before my print of Extract:

Everybody's Fine
Fantastic Mr. Fox
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell
The Boys Are Back
The Informant!

Everybody's Fine looks like a pretty good holiday comedy with a great cast (De Niro, Barrymore, Beckinsale, Rockwell). I may also need to get around to watching my VHS copy of the original beforehand.

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell looks awful. It looks like a cheap DTV clone of The Hangover.

The Boys Are Back looks like a rather heartwarming drama and it may finally show that Clive Owen is more than just Alan Rickman's voice without the soul. Also, it is nice to see Scott Hicks getting work in good material again (his forte is human dramas, not romantic comedies).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

Forgive me if anyone's already posted this, but I think it's worthy of a second one:

Fuck. Me. There are no words for how freaking AWESOME this movie looks.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next