The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by geezer9687 Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:10 am

Couldn't agree more NSpan, but we are probably the biggest Hot Rod fans on the whole damn planet.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by W Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:27 am

NSpan wrote:the writing in Hangover makes Hot Rod look like Paradise Lost

OH! The brilliance of "I'm going to kick your ass!" and grilled cheese vs. tacos... It takes a genius to make this shit up!

Seriously, I liked both of them, and its good comedy if it makes you laugh. The Hangover got more laughs from me and more laughs from the general audience. A lot of it was taken from the original standup of Zach Galifanakis, so...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:29 pm

They're both hilarious as shit. But I think Hot Rod was probably more improv-ed than The Hangover.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Hot Rod was basically a $30 million Lonely Island video. I'm still trying to figure out why a major studio got involved with such a poor quality vanity project with a poor quality comedian/actor. That's like giving Joe Piscopo the lead in Hamlet.

And Very Bad Things used to play on Comedy Central all the time. I believe that the writers probably watched one of the many airings of the film and decided to rewrite it a light comedy. The script doctors eventually salvaged the film and made it good.

Also even if Very Bad Things reminds somewhat unknown, it did give Peter Berg more directing work.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Lets put this to rest... The Hangover was (loosely) based on a real-life batchelor party story

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/the-real-story-of-how-the-hangover-got-made-ps-its-based-on-someone-in-hollywood/

Probably what happened is he saw Very Bad Things, which prompted him to throw only the second wild batchelor party that Vegas had ever seen. The only minor differences were
Spoiler:

Those were the ONLY differences... Wait, no they weren't... there was also
Spoiler:

The only differences are basically everything I can think of from the top of my head. I know The Hangover is only the second batchelor party in Vegas movie of all time, but other than that, what is similar?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:46 pm

I think he was referring to the trailer...And I agree. The first thing i thought when I saw The Hangover trailer was that it looked very similar to Very Bad Things, and while I enjoyed both thoroughly, (VBT a tad more probably) they couldn't be more different. One is a dark comedy about covering up a murder, the other is a straight up just fun comedy about guys who had such a good time they forgot everything that happened.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Which is why I prefer the Mike Tyson trailer. It makes the film look different from Very Bad Things and shows that the movie actually has a reason for existing.

Meanwhile, here are the trailers that I saw before G.I. Joe and Julie and Julia.

G.I. Joe:
The Last Airbender
Astro Boy (new trailer)
Old Dogs (this trailer got an excellent reaction)
Extract (this trailer also got a good reaction)
Shutter Island

Julie and Julia:
Amelia
I Can Do Bad All By Myself (new trailer)
The Princess and The Frog
The Stepfather (I still can't believe that my horror movie-hating* mother wants to see this)

My opinions on some of them:
-Astro Boy looks goofy but not bad. It could be a decent ninety minutes. But I still remember the pain of Everybody's Hero (the director's last film) and how bad that turned out.
-2012 looks absolutely terrible. The director is basically ripping off The Day After Tomorrow but this time using a theory believed by a religious cult that few people take seriously. It would be funny if this turned out to be another Battlefield Earth.
-I Can Do Bad All By Myself looks like another Tyler Perry movie, which probably means I'll end up seeing it. I still like the teaser more (which consisted of a 911 call involving Madea).

*-Technically, this is half true. She liked Saw, Saw II, Wolf Creek and The Birds. But she still hates most horror.

Last edited by Buscemi on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Why doesn't anyone compare to the Hangover to Dude, Where's My Car? That's what I think it was similar to. The movie itself, not so much the trailer.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Because The Hangover didn't feature stoners, pudding, mini golf, aliens or Jennifer Garner wearing a necklace that gave her bigger boobs.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:34 pm

No, but it does feature a group of guys that can't remember the previous night's events, and the entire plot revolves around them trying to discover exactly what happened during those said events. And both of those events were absolutely batshit crazy, The Hangover's being slightly more realistic because they involved the Chinese instead of actual Aliens.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:33 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Couldn't agree more NSpan, but we are probably the biggest Hot Rod fans on the whole damn planet.

Ah Geez but you forgot about me Very Happy
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:48 am

Buscemi wrote: or Jennifer Garner wearing a necklace that gave her bigger boobs.

Greatest necklace ever. She would jump to my top 3 if she had a Scarlett sized rack. Wink
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 am

geezer9687 wrote:Couldn't agree more NSpan, but we are probably the biggest Hot Rod fans on the whole damn planet.

Reminds me of Donkey saying, "Parfaits may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet."
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:13 am

I was actually going for that W, good catch.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:21 am

Five-minute red-band trailer for Legion, coming in January:

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:55 am

Legion looks fucking great.

Another movie that looks pretty amazing is The Fourth Kind, but I don't think the trailer is online yet.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 pm

I cant wait for Legion!
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Those angels don't fuck around.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:40 am

Uh that looks fucking intense. Definitely seeing that.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:09 am

How about this?

Ohhhh, YEAHHH!!!!!!!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:38 am

That looks pretty good too.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:55 am

I think (read: hope) F. Gary Gray has brought his A-game. He hasn't done anything good since The Italian Job, and nothing even remotely compelling since The Negotiator (which passed muster only because of Jackson and Spacey) - and that was 11 years ago.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Yeah, Law Abiding Citizen looks like some good stuff. I think it'll suffer from being released the same weekend as The Road. It reminds me of Fracture a bit.

Shryke, how do you imbed the videos so big?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:24 pm

The Road is DOA. The bad test screenings hurt it and it's being released by a financially troubled company. I'll be surprised if it manages $20 million total.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Yeah, but it's based on a huge book by the same guy who wrote No Country For Old Men. Expect the marketing to exploit this to death.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next