The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by J.I. Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 pm

I love the first part of the Alice trailer, and the Cheshire Cat looks cool.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:44 am

Donte77 wrote:I believe she is the chick in sunglasses that shows up for about 3/10ths of a second. LOL

Yup, pretty sure that's her. Is she that bad that we can't get a line of dialogue or at least a shot of her moving? The redband better have her tits out Twisted Evil
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am

Hot Tub Time Machine Redband Trailer

Doesn't look too promising, but Craig Robinson has yet to be not funny in anything so I'll give it a shot. LOL @ the randomness of John Cusack being in this movie though
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:43 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Donte77 wrote:I believe she is the chick in sunglasses that shows up for about 3/10ths of a second. LOL

Yup, pretty sure that's her. Is she that bad that we can't get a line of dialogue or at least a shot of her moving? The redband better have her tits out Twisted Evil

See that's why we get along Banksy. I too would like to see her tits in the redband. Maybe have her tag teamed by Denzel and Gary... Just a thought.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 am

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/24/tron-legacy-teaser-trailer/

/Film confirms that this is real. Tron 2 has a teaser trailer.

J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:17 am

Hot Tub Time Machine looks hilarious! It would be awesome if ended up doing Hangover numbers (but it won't because it's opening in February instead of June).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:21 am

LOL @ the Youtube spelling of Tron.

"Trawn"
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:41 am

Tron: Legacy looks great also. And I also love it will be in IMAX 3-D (the original was filmed in 70mm so it makes sense that the sequel would be shown on IMAX).

And the CGI is some of the best that I've ever seen.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Hot Tub Time Machine looks pretty damn funny. The cast is great but seriously what the hell is John Cusack doing in it?
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:48 pm

John Cusack is the white male Sam Jackson (not Nicolas Cage or Mickey Rourke, but John Cusack). He's in everything nowadays.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:14 am

I saw these trailers before Orphan today:

Jennifer's Body
Halloween II (new trailer)
Pandorum
A Perfect Getaway
Whiteout (new trailer)

Jennifer's Body looks terrible. The trailer reminds me of trailers for bad teen comedies from the late 1990's (with some bad recent horror films thrown in for good measure). Also, the trailer does nothing to make people think that Megan Fox is an actress. I can see the film being a top Razzie contender.

Halloween II looks good, but I also kind of enjoyed the first one.

Even though I thought Whiteout looked bad when I saw the first trailer, it actually looks decent now. The new trailer downplays the horror elements and puts more emphasis on the action and thriller elements. If done right, it could be a good way to kill ninety minutes. So Keyzer, I now want to see Whiteout.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 am

And these were the trailers before a showing of Whatever Works:

Paper Heart
Play The Game (which has been out since February but doesn't hit St. Louis until August)
Coco Before Chanel

Paper Heart looks average. The idea is alright but I fear that it will be overly pretentious. Casting Michael Cera as the male lead doesn't help things.

Play The Game looks like a film full of cheap romantic comedy cliches. Though you can't go wrong with Andy Griffith, even he looks bored in this.

And Coco Before Chanel looks entertaining. Audrey Tautou is a great actress and the Coco Chanel story looks like an interesting story. Even my sister (who hates subtitles) wants to see it.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 am

The trailer for the Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature in 3D.

J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:46 am

That's a pretty cool trailer for the Toy Story double feature. But only 2 weeks?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 am

The Fantastic Mr. Fox Trailer 1

On the fence about this one. Everything Jason Schwartzmann says is hilarious, but it looks a little weird. Def too out there for kids. Probably.

A Serious Man Trailer 1

What. The. Fuck.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:30 am

I think both of those look fucking amazing! I wasn't sure about Anderson doing animation, but it looks and feels exactly like his other movies which means I'm gonna love it.
Also, the Serious Man trailer is a little too stylized, and I hate when trailers have to tell the audience the other movies directors have made, but it looks at least from the little bit we saw more Fargo than No Country for Old Men, which could be a good thing...Could be a bad thing too.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 am

I saw these trailers before a showing of The Hurt Locker:

Precious
The Time Traveler's Wife
Taking Woodstock
Sorority Row

Taking Woodstock actually looks pretty good. Sure early word has been mixed but I usually like films of this type (culture-clash comedies based on true stories).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:50 am

I loved Fantastic Mr. Fox as a child. This adaptation.... I just don't know. Wes Anderson is a great director and all, but I'm not sure he's the best fit for the story. It looks like they're modernizing it and making it cooler, which I don't think it needs. I'm not impressed so far.

Huh. I didn't like "James and the Giant Peach", I HATED "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"... Jesus, can ANYONE do a Roald Dahl story justice?! These were my favorite stories from ages 8-12!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Actually, I think Fantastic Mr. Fox looks like perfect family fare. It's got cute little characters, funny but unoffensive humor and a cast that adults will enjoy (Clooney, Streep, Schwartzman, Murray, Wilson). And the dark content of A Christmas Carol could get parents to take smaller children to this film instead.

Also, didn't that one shot of Owen Wilson and the kid look exactly like a similar shot in The Royal Tennebaums?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Yeah, but the marketing machine that is Disney, plus the fact that A Christmas Carol is in 3D, probably means parents will take their kids anyway.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am

There's a A Christmas Carol full length trailer on Harry Potter 6 IMAX, but for some reason, I cannot find it online. At least, it's not on Youtube.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:I loved Fantastic Mr. Fox as a child. This adaptation.... I just don't know. Wes Anderson is a great director and all, but I'm not sure he's the best fit for the story. It looks like they're modernizing it and making it cooler, which I don't think it needs. I'm not impressed so far.

Huh. I didn't like "James and the Giant Peach", I HATED "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"... Jesus, can ANYONE do a Roald Dahl story justice?! These were my favorite stories from ages 8-12!

I thought Fox looked hilarious and offbeat. I have been a seesaw on most of Anderson's work (Tennebaum was ehh, Darjeeling was great, Life Aquatic was ok, Rushmore was awesome) but this looks like a must see. Funny in that I liked James and the Giant Peach AND Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Movies and books) but had never heard of this book.

A Serious Man looks ummm maybe funny. Not sure. But one thing I have learned is that trailers do not do the Coen's movies justice. Burn After Reading was one of the funniest trailers in my recent memory and the movie, while good, was one of their weakest. The trailer for Fargo didn't get my interest until I had a friend tell me I must watch it and it is one of the better movies ever made. So I will reserve judgement since the trailer did nothing for me but will see it anyway.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 am

The Blind Side Trailer 1

This looks super sappy and predictable, but I do want to see it for reasons I'm not sure of yet. I remember reading an article about this family a couple of years ago though.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:37 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
This looks super sappy and predictable, but I do want to see it for reasons I'm not sure of yet. I remember reading an article about this family a couple of years ago though.

I didn't know they were making a film about his life. He was drafted by the Ravens this year in the middle of the first round... I really want to see this.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:59 am

The Blind Side = this year's Marley and Me?

Also, I saw these trailers before Funny People on Saturday:

Inglorious Basterds (new trailer)
Despicable Me
Couples Retreat
A Christmas Carol
and I think there was one more trailer

The new Inglorious Basterds trailer is interesting in the fact it makes the film look rather lighthearted. My mother even asked me if the film was supposed to be a comedy. Either this strategy will work or it will totally backfire.

And the trailer for Despicable Me made me think, "What the fuck is this?" Is it a movie about stolen artifacts, it is a kids' movie or it is simply just another Land Of The Lost-type movie? They don't even explain the plot in the trailer. It's just a hyperactive tourist who finds that the Pyramids are actually balloons. It's just as bad as the trailer for Where The Wild Things Are.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next