The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

+13
leestu
numbersix_99
JackO
SuperShaan
silversurfer19
Donte77
undeadmonkey
BarcaRulz
Keyser Soze
IPKI$$
Buscemi
geezer9687
W
17 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

Post by W Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:16 am

Did/can someone PLEASE let Ron and #6 know by email that they NEED TO PICK!?!?!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:26 am

I'll message Six. He'll come in at early morning.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:31 am

I already PMed both of them. I was going to Email them, but I can't find the email addys.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:36 am

I think at this point, you might as well just remove them, considering they won't be able to compete anyway.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:41 am

Six will come. Not sure about Ron though.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:42 am

So.. do i pick now or wait till #sixes time is up?
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:47 am

Wait for Six's time to run out.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 am

Pick now Barca. That's what I've been saying all along. He's already been skipped, so he's actually been on the clock for days now. He may have dropped out and I don't want to wait a total of 6 days for him to pick his 12 picks. Also, if he hasn't picked in 2 days, what are the chances he'll pick now?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:12 am

I didn't realize it was sixes turn or I would have put Barca on the clock... BTW, in the NFL, would a team get a half hour to make 2 picks if they had back to back first rounders?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:14 am

Yes they would, each pick is 15 minutes. They would get the full half hour. Which is why I asked if rasgriz got a full 24 hours for his picks.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 am

geezer9687 wrote:I don't know Barca... I have no desire to see Bruno after seeing what the character actually is. He is so extremely annoying. Borat was funny.

Buscemi wrote:Bruno was not a very popular character on Da Ali G Show. He was leagues behind Ali G and Borat in terms of that category. In fact, fans would probably be more interested if they had done a second Ali G film instead.

While i do agree for the most part, the fact that it has a great trailer, is being marketed on the back of Borats success, and that it has a very good release date, it's just too good to miss out on.

Also, as much as i liked the Ali G character, his movie didn't exactly set the world alight, I personally liked it, but it didn't make anywhere near as much money as Borat. Which is why I think Bruno will be a big hit.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:48 am

BarcaRulz wrote:
While i do agree for the most part, the fact that it has a great trailer, is being marketed on the back of Borats success, and that it has a very good release date, it's just too good to miss out on.

Also, as much as i liked the Ali G character, his movie didn't exactly set the world alight, I personally liked it, but it didn't make anywhere near as much money as Borat. Which is why I think Bruno will be a big hit.

Ali G Indahouse came out before Da Ali G Show made its US debut and at the time, Sacha Baron Cohen was only known in the UK. So that's why it didn't set the world on fire. Also the film went straight to cable in the US so the film lost a valuable market there.

Last edited by Buscemi on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 am

Buscemi wrote:
BarcaRulz wrote:

Ali G Indahouse came out before Da Ali G Show made its US debut and at the time, Sacha Baron Cohen was only known in the UK. So that's why it set the world on fire. Also the film went straight to cable in the US so the film lost a valuable market there.

That was kind of my point. While Ali G is possibly the best character of the lot, it was released when SBC was not so popular in the most important cinema market.

Now though Bruno is riding both SBC popularity as well as Borats popularity. Which is why i think it will do well.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 pm

I can't really see Bruno performing to Borat's standard. There just isn't the appeal with that character as there is for Borat. It may make $100m based on Borat's influence, but it will definitely not have the legs to equal or better its predecessor.

Man, I hope there are still some half decent picks by the time it gets around to my next pick. I'm kinda surprised one movie hasn't been picked yet, but I'm sure it will be before my next pick.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 pm

There's still some very good choices out there SS. A couple of 100M locks.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 pm

However, there are 20 more picks before my own...
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:However, there are 20 more picks before my own...

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 3 1233270615-haha_simpsons
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey guys I'm gonna have to bow out of this league, sadly. Having missed 2 drafting rounds I'm at too much of a disadvantage, and I just don't have the time to research future flick enough to even begin to claw my way back up. Good luck to all, though
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:41 pm

I'm thinking there is no way this goes the full 12 rounds...
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:22 pm

We'll see Geezy. We may have to cut it to 10 films if it gets pretty thin or if it starts running too long. Meanwhile, I'm proposing a waiver system for picking up films that move into our time period. It's rather simple.

1. BO Mojo puts out their new dates.
2. Someone posts the films that moved into our time period here.
3. You have 2 days to claim the film after it is posted and if more than one person wants that film, the person highest on the waiver list will get that film.
4. The waiver list will be the reverse draft order and if you pick up a film at this time, you go to the end of the line even if no one else claims the film.

Dropped films will work the same way. After the films waiver period, you won't be moved if you claim it. Let me know and I'll make the "waiver thread".
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 pm

How about we do a ten round draft and then do a two round supplemental draft in May? So that way we can make things easier but also keep the original number of titles.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 pm

I like the waiver system W. Especially since it benefits me and my shitty picking position. And yeah, we'll cross that bridge of how many rounds we will go when we get there. I mean, right now with 17 players that is a pace of 204 films. and since this is Box office, it renders the limited releases basically useless. That's almost 4 films per weekend... which is a rarity, not a regularity. It may end up even being cut back to 8. If it were an Ultimate league, and PTA films were valuable, then yeah, we could do 12. But it would be tough sorting through films that will make 6 million dollars max, and not all that fun either.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:48 pm

I figure that we'll look into how many rounds when we get to rounds 7, 8, 9... Meanwhile, I could set up the waiver thread if we're in agreement about that.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 pm

I say keep the twelve rounds, that's one of the things that was interesting to me.
There are more than enough films.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Haha, more than enough films.... right. You'll see when we are in round 6 and 7 and 8 that this statement couldn't be more wrong. We will be out of films that have a shot at 40 million by the end of round 4. Last year the 150th ranked film made 8 million dollars. We are going 54 films BEYOND that. You really want to be sorting through that garbage? You want to be picking between 54 films that are going to perform worse than Sex Drive? If we cut it to 8 films, the worst we do are the films that make 12 million dollars, and if we cut out ron, its 14 million. The top 128. If this were an Ultimate league, I would agree with you. But since it is a box office league, we will run out of films way too fast. 54 films performing worse than Sex Drive? No thank you. I'd be much happier with Disaster Movie and Bangkok Dangerous being the floor.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next