The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

+12
johnErle
MisterInformative
W
J-Man
SuperShaan
Buscemi
RonBurgundy
BanksIsDaFuture
JackO
brockman81
geezer9687
chugsthemonkey
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread Empty Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

Post by chugsthemonkey Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:38 am

I am still bitter about Twilight by the way... Sad
chugsthemonkey
chugsthemonkey
J.J Gittes
J.J Gittes

Back to top Go down

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread Empty Re: Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

Post by geezer9687 Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:15 am

Chugs, are you going to check everyone's slate to make sure they fall within the $100 limit? I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, but people can make math mistakes.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread Empty Re: Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread

Post by chugsthemonkey Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:43 am

Yup - I check them all and so far we only have 99$ or 100$ slates.
chugsthemonkey
chugsthemonkey
J.J Gittes
J.J Gittes

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:49 pm

If we want to change a pick, do we just post on here? Or on the other thread?
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by chugsthemonkey Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:40 am

Nopes, just EDIT your slate directly... whatever you got on there Thursday at 11:59PM before opening day gets locked. Anything else you can change as much as you'd like.
chugsthemonkey
chugsthemonkey
J.J Gittes
J.J Gittes

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:59 am

can i edit my original post or do i have to post another one?
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:07 am

nevermind, i got it! sorry, it's monday...
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Quick question, the the one week Academy runs tracked?
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:52 pm

I don't think Under The Sea 3D should be counted since it'll be shown in IMAX musuems only, not in regular movie theaters. And those musuem-only IMAX movies always have huge PTA since it's so limited. Plus they run forever.

I also think we should have a pricing committee, maybe 5 people make thier own pricing lists and the actual price for each movie will the average of those 5 lists.

And having Hunger is OK with me, since the Miley Cyrus concert movie was only supposed to be for one week in February.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by RonBurgundy Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Well if u put it that way Banks, we should definately keep Under the Sea, seeing as its on my slate. And did FM ever not include IMAX? What was Miley Cyrus?
RonBurgundy
RonBurgundy
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Miley Cyrus was REAL-D.

I say include them. If Disaster Movie can be considered a movie, then so should Under The Sea 3D.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:47 am

I don't think Under The Sea 3D should count, its going to have the same theatre count week in week out.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:18 am

So take it shaan.. It's too late to change it now.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:24 am

Hey, I was wondering, does anybody have the formula that FMs used to score for Ultimate leagues? I'd like to go ahead and calculate my score, and possibly the scores of others to see how I stack up. Unless someone has already been doing that.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 am

The formula is just what place you come in if there's 15 people, first place in PTA is worth 15 points, second place gets 14 points, ..., 1 point for last place. Same with IMDB, Top 5, and BO. Then you add the 4 up.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:43 am

Hmm... I see. Funny, I've been playing this movie game for just under a year, and I didn't know how the final score was calculated. All I knew was to pick the best in each category as best as possible - with Box Office and Top 5 easiest for me to predict (and my first slate revolved around films I want to see, which I quickly realized was not how you're supposed to play this game.)

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread Empty Possible Standings

Post by J-Man Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Ok, this took FOREVER to do, and I may never do it again (I'll try to do it at the beginning of January), but I thought it'd be fun to see everyones standing. I hope I didn't make a calculation error, but it surely is possible. Everyone can check up on there on slates to make sure everything is correct. I used the weekend actuals that silversurfer posted for last week, and I checked Box Office Mojo tonight for this last weekends actuals (I removed Che for the PTA race). Oh, and I don't think that "What Doesn’t Kill You" is being tracked by BOM, so perhaps JackO should get the chance to pick something else? That's why under Box Office I listed ?? - I couldn't find any listed on the site. Oh, and I added the locked category on the chart so people know how many movies that persons slate has had open.

[Deleted last weeks rankings].

Last edited by J-Man on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted wrong numbers)

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:03 am

I think that's wrong, because I'm listed as having 0 PTA, but didn't Frost/Nixon grab a few points on its opening weekend?
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 am

Crap, you're right. I copied Thomassi's slate for you, so I've just fixed it in my Excel sheet, and will get edit the altered scores in.

This is why I listed it as possible rankings, everyone needs to make sure theirs is right.

Last edited by J-Man on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Started editing wrong post)

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:57 am

Ok, I fixed the above table, but building a chart is really hard with the tools the board gives, so when I do this again, I'll be using uploaded images. Saves a lot of time.

Note: Deleted last weeks rankings, as they were incorrect - for some reason I didn't include PTA #s for SuperShaan, which I only noticed when completing this weeks numbers.

Last edited by J-Man on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted wrong numbers)

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by johnErle Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Sweet!

I feel like the Chicago Cubs leading their division in mid-April. And we all know how well that usually works out.
johnErle
johnErle
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

http://www.dynamicrangeradio.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:44 am

You lose the lead, then get it back as your opponents collapse, only to collapse yourself once you reach the playoffs?
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:12 pm

MisterInformative wrote:You lose the lead, then get it back as your opponents collapse, only to collapse yourself once you reach the playoffs?

As a Cardinals fan, I have to point out that they have gotten to the World Series twice winning it once in the past five years.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:04 am

Right, I was aiming to describe the Cubs, and the other collapsing team during the season was, sadly, mine -- the Brewers.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 am

Here is the update for this week - There was some shakeup, as there were a variety of choices this week, even though the numbers were soft. The rankings will change big time next week, almost everyone has one title opening on Christmas, and some have up to 3.

Again, there may contain errors, so please check your slate. I've updated my methods which not only quicken the speed for ranking everyone, but also the accuracy - but that won't help if I copied your slate down wrong like I did last week with MisterInformative.

Ultimate League Dec-Feb People Prefer DreamWorks Discussion Thread Rankingsweek3

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next