The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

+13
leestu
numbersix_99
JackO
SuperShaan
silversurfer19
Donte77
undeadmonkey
BarcaRulz
Keyser Soze
IPKI$$
Buscemi
geezer9687
W
17 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 am

New release dates:

Valentine's Day 2/12/2010
Going The Distance TBA 2011

Going The Distance is now out of the game.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

Post by W Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:45 pm

A little bit of an update for those of you still updating your slates (please do, everyone).

My second rounder (LOTL) took a major hit, but I'm happy with the value of my other picks (as of now) and still think I have a shot at winning though its longer now.

Buscemi got molested by Eddie Murphy, but it was a mid-rounder and everyone will probably have at least one flop on their slate.

Surfer: nothing opened

Banks: Management + Dance Flick opened, waiting on Funny People. If FP opens well, he may have a shot--something we wouldn't have said a couple of weeks ago.

Barca: Continues his dominance in the draft leagues taking what could possibly be the highest grossing film of the year with the 8th overall pick (I think Up'll be #2 to Transformers 2). He also had a pretty good 4th rounder worth over $50 M (Girlfriends Past). Bruno coming up looks good as well. Nice job.

UDM: Hit pretty good on The Proposal. Looks to be a good third rounder. District 9 could be a great late round sleeper for him.

Leestu: Nothing opened yet.

J-Man: Waiting to see what G.I. Joe does as well as Whatever Works' wide release.

JackO: Got a little screwed by NATM2, not bad enough that he can't bounce back though. A couple of sleepers/breakouts could put him back in the fold.

Pack: Vaulted himself close to the top by nabbing Star Trek with his first rounder. Too bad Brothers Bloom never went wide.

Ozzy: Waiting on Public Enemies.

Donte: Kinda got beat up a little by Wolverine. As with JackO, its not too bad and he can still make up for it with a couple of good mid-rounders or an excellent second or third pick.

Raz: Waiting to see how big Away We Go gets. Most of his bigger films come out much later.

Shaan: He got first round value out of his fourth round pick, but second round value out of his first rounder. It more than evens out especially if you see that he has Mr. Fox and Sherlock still to come.

Last but not least (this was done by order the slates were posted) is Keyser: First round pick comes out tomorrow, I wonder what that is. I was told by someone that no one but Keyser has a shot at winning because "his second and third round picks sealed it." To the contrary, both second and third rounders which looked solid not too long ago have disapointed leaving the door open for anyone.

This competition has now gotten much more interesting. ANYONE could possibly win, especially if we have a first few months of 2010 like we did in 2009. I'd know where everyone stood, though, if people would do their updates. Smile

My analysis: Keyser, W, Shaan, and Barca have the best shots at winning at this point. Right now, I'm leaning towards Shaan with Barca #2. Anyone else want to share thoughts?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 pm

I think molested is understating it.

Also, I think I did good in the auction stage by getting The Final Destination and Armored. That should definitely make up for Imagine That.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 am

I updated my slate.

so is there a list somewhere with all the free agent films?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:24 am

I am hoping. I can't believe just a couple months ago I picked Wolverine over Up and Star Trek. Crap...
So far I have a middling 1st rounder and a giant dud for 6th round.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:59 am

Fucking Management, man....

Buscemi def got shafted with Imagine That.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13