The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

+13
leestu
numbersix_99
JackO
SuperShaan
silversurfer19
Donte77
undeadmonkey
BarcaRulz
Keyser Soze
IPKI$$
Buscemi
geezer9687
W
17 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:56 pm

I agree with W. its fair

besides first of all he was going to give them the best pick that was left, but then everyone was saying that well, whose to say which the best pick is.

just one question, if you do get skipped. when do you get to make up that pick?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Full Year Draft League Taken Films/Discussion Thread

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:58 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:

just one question, if you do get skipped. when do you get to make up that pick?

As soon as you can
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Yep, ASAP.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 pm

I think that is fair. It sucks for the person who didn't get that pick but otherwise this draft will take 3 weeks. It took the Draft B league almost 10 days to pick and we only had one season and 6 players. With 20 players picking a years worth it would be June.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:55 am

Just a quick question, does the tracking period end with the movies? Or if i chose a film one week before the deadline does it's whole take get taken into account?

PS: what is the time period again?
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:29 am

BarcaRulz wrote:Just a quick question, does the tracking period end with the movies? Or if i chose a film one week before the deadline does it's whole take get taken into account?

PS: what is the time period again?

I would say we'll let them go a month past the period which starts in May 09 and ends April 010. It is your turn, Barca, though I believe you already knew that.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Going to work and probably dinner afterwards. Can someone update this when I'm gone? Has to be a mod. At 7:30 leestu is skipped, so send him a pm if it happens that way.

Thanks.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:53 pm

The draft is going rather smoothly I must say.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:17 am

I thought it was a good late first rounder too, but for some reason its tracking AWFUL on HSX right now. Like $50 M.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:23 am

No way will it only make $50m. I'd say minimum $150m. It will be this year's Marley and Me. I'm hoping it will be anyway....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:25 am

The first one made 200m+ SS, you're safe me thinks.

At the very least it should make more than A-and-D and PE which went before it.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:26 am

Da Vinci Code made 200m+.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:28 am

I do think that some picks are made out of respect of the movie rather than if it will actually do well. Public Enemies looks very good, but I don't see more than $100m for it. I think some people were too begrudged to pick Alvin. Bonus for me!

And Da Vinci Code was a big letdown for fans. I think it will have lost a few fans following it.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:39 am

SuperShaan wrote:Da Vinci Code made 200m+.

Da Vinci code was not received all that well. Also The Da Vinci Code was a much bigger seller than Angels and Demons in terms of books.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:41 am

Exactly Barca. I remember my mum read The Da Vinci Code. She was very let down by the movie. A couple of weeks ago she asked me what films to look out for in the coming months; I mentioned Angels And Demons. She went blank. Never heard of it. I think that will be the consensus of the majority of general readers of the first book.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 am

Angels And Demons was the first book and had a much better storyline than the Da Vinci Code. My friends all prefer it to the Da Vinci Code.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:45 am

Angels and Demons will make more than the Squeakual. Book it. and yeah, its HSX tracking is terrible.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:19 am

I don't know much about HSX, but is it a little early to take notice of it yet?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:22 am

Maybe a little, but not really. It is STRIKINGLY low. Like W said, like 50 million low.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:13 am

But are HSX scores indicated by who uses the site? i.e not under 12 year olds? I just looked and it says price 74.16. Is that the BO total estimate? Where was Hannah Montana until this weekend?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:30 am

That is the first 4 weeks. Hannah Montana was at 75 million. Which was pretty accurate going by the pre-weekend tracking. It was obviously a surprise and a good buy. It is usually pretty close to accurate, but, I do say, they are wrong, not by too much usually, but those times are when you make the big money.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:00 am

geezer9687 wrote:Angels and Demons will make more than the Squeakual. Book it. and yeah, its HSX tracking is terrible.

I have them both over 200M but I think Alvin is in a prime spot. Princess and Frog moved up earlier. Avatar will get all the adults. Sherlock will get the adults. A couple of romantic adult comedies. An Eastwood film. What the hell are the kids going watch!?

P.S. Plus it comes out near the end of December, long past some of the more family oriented fare in November has burned out.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:53 am

Are people even doubting that THE Skequel will do well?

I understand nobody expecting anything the first time around, because it looked horrible. Then what happened? it was almost biggest film of the winter. Almost everyone loved it, It was huge. The second one will be almost, if not just, as huge.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Since they've missed so long, can someone send RonB and #6 an email? I can't because my contacts won't load up and they don't have their email on this site.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 am

The Squeakel will be the big Christmas movie. Avatar will polarize audiences, Sherlock Holmes doesn't have mainstream appeal and the romantic comedies will split its audience (though I'll say that Did You Hear About The Morgans? could hit $100 million).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next