The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:08 am

Yeah, that's the first thing that popped into my head. Hopefully, it's better than Burn After Reading.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 am

How could it possibly b any better than Burn After Reading?

That's right. It can't. How silly of me.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:45 am

Meanwhile, Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel looks pretty fucked up. Probably more than how fucked up Shorts looks.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm

The Informant does indeed look a lot Burn After Reading. It actually looks funnier than Burn After Reading.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Just got high-speed internet, so I'm watching these for the first time unless they were before a film I saw in theaters.

2012 Doesn't work anymore
Whiteout looks horrible
Brand New Day - Couldn't get through it.
Old Dogs looks hilarious, I'm glad to see Seth Green + a Wild Hogsish film. I thought Bernie Mac was a main character though.
Zombieland looks hilarious. Maybe Woody can make a semi-comeback. I doubt it.
World's Greatest Dad doesn't work anymore.
Shorts looks crazy and hilarious.
G.I. Joe looks like a typical $150 M grossing summer blockbuster.
Perfect Getaway, TT Wife, New Moon, Gamer don't work.
Gamer looked like Death Race and I enjoyed that quite a bit.
The Last Airbender: Who knows? It was really a teaser more than a trailer. But if the whole film is like that, it could be surprisingly good. I still have faith in M. Night.
Ponyo looks like plain old Japanimation, and I don't normally like that stuff...
The Box is gone, I'll have to look for that myself later if I remember.
Amelia could go either way. I have a feeling it'll feel like its going nowhere, though.
Spread looks unwatchable and a financial flop.
Invention of Lying looks extremely funny and better than Ghost Town, which I found great, but not near as much laughs as this probably has.
Couples Retreat looked horrible until I saw Wendell (can't remember his real name) now I'll have to check it out.
Stepfather looks like Disturbia, though maybe not even watchable.
H2: I could not finish it. It looks really, really bad...
Informant: I hope if surprises me because as of now, it doesn't look too great.
Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 teaser looks hilarious to me. No way is that an endorsement of the movie as a whole, but its audience will love it (including my daughter) and that's what really matters.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs trailer looks much better than the first one. I fear it'll be too adult for kids and too kid for adults though.

And now I'm caught up.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Oh shit, another The Parent 'Hood fan...

I thought I was the only one.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:58 pm

I actually couldn't remember what show he was on, just that he was funny in it. I'd only watch the Parent 'Hood to see Wendell. I also thought he was hilarious in Elf and The Replacements. I saw his episode of Earl a while back and laughed my ass off.

I now have to rewatch Friday as I didn't know he was in it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Yup, he was Big Worm.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:07 am

J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:00 am

Has anyone seen the Brothers trailer. Its pretty good. I would post it if I knew how
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 am

Yeah, I'd heard the Brothers trailer was on prints of Public Enemies.

Brothers Trailer 1

Meh, I thought it was pretty good until Tobey Maguire showed up. Could've been a great little drama about dealing with death and the lines in families, instead it seems to be some sort of revenge type thriller. Maguire does look crazy as shit though.

A Christmas Carol Teaser

This is the teaser that's apparently been out for a month now, but I hadn't seen it so I figured you guys haven't. Doesn't show much though.

Planet 51 Trailer 2

I still love the concept. And I think it'll be pretty big for Thanksgiving.

Some olders ones:

Nine Trailer 1

Looks pretty good, mostly due to its terrific cast. Hopefully, they put Cruz, Hudson, Fergie, and Cotillard in the littlest outfits possible.

The Surrogates Trailer 1

Preeeety stupid.

District 9 Teaser 1 (Unblurred version)

I don't know what to think about this yet, I'm glad to hear that it's rated R though.

Fame Trailer 2

Seems to take itself a bit too seriously for just being a dance movie.

The Boat That Rocked Trailer

Looks terrific, and of course Nick Frost is always ace. "I can see why you asked for that condom". Sucks that we have to wait until November though.

Taking Woodstock Trailer

I have no interest in Woodstock whatsoever, but the story behind seems ripe for a movie. Too bad, everyone is saying it sucks.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Jennifer's Body Red-Band Trailer

Oh man, I love it. Diablo Cody's dialogue is great as always, and the ultra hot combo of Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried is outstanding. Can't wait to see it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:43 pm

saw Public Enemies and the Brothers trailer wasnt attached it looks pretty good.

other thoughts
Surrogates looks good IMO Bruce Willis is my fave actor so i will see it. Plus it part of was filmed in the next town over from mine

Fame ugh

Taking Woodstock-looks awful and my hatered for Ang Lee doesnt help either.

Jennifer's Body weird as hell unsure about it.

District 9 looks pretty damn good. Very odd premise though.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Tranny - This is where you and I are going to have to disagree. My wife and I both thought Taking Woodstock looked great. It's got to be a generational thing. Now that we're 40 years out from Woodstock, it holds very little interest/significance for anyone under the age of 25 basically because you guys have never lived in a world without giant music festivals
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:05 pm

W wrote:Just got high-speed internet, so I'm watching these for the first time unless they were before a film I saw in theaters.

Ponyo looks like plain old Japanimation, and I don't normally like that stuff...

Amelia could go either way. I have a feeling it'll feel like its going nowhere, though.

W - Just wondering if you've ever considered the fact that there are many movies made that aren't made with you in mind? I can't tell you how many women I know of that can't wait for the Time Traveler's Wife, and if you seriously think that the legions of Twilight fans will care if New Moon is a good movie or not or that Amelia will not draw well, then I would have to begin to think that you haven't.

I also know a lot of folks like myself that can't wait to see Ponyo mainly for the fact that the Japanese understand animation is for more than entertaining the little ones.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:19 am

I think when he says it doesn't work, he means the video wouldn't play.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:23 am

In best Emily Litella/Gilda Radner voice, "Oh, that's different, Never mind"

And for those that aren't quite sure what I'm talking about

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:08 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
W wrote:Just got high-speed internet, so I'm watching these for the first time unless they were before a film I saw in theaters.

W - Just wondering if you've ever considered the fact that there are many movies made that aren't made with you in mind? I can't tell you how many women I know of that can't wait for the Time Traveler's Wife, and if you seriously think that the legions of Twilight fans will care if New Moon is a good movie or not or that Amelia will not draw well, then I would have to begin to think that you haven't.

I also know a lot of folks like myself that can't wait to see Ponyo mainly for the fact that the Japanese understand animation is for more than entertaining the little ones.

Yeah, I just got high-speed and those trailers weren't working anymore....... Also, I didn't say that Ponyo isn't good, just that I wasn't interested in it at this point in time. And Japanese are the only ones that entertain adults with animation? Fox has an entire night every week aimed at it.

I also have a feeling that New Moon won't outgross Twilight, though since the film got more people to read the book, it may barely beat it out. The reason for this is that of the 4 books, #1 and 3 are the most liked with #2 being the least liked (from what I hear) so unless its of great quality and hits people out of its normal parameters (doubtful) it'll have much less repeat views (though great for an average film, but not compared to the first). The people that saw Twilight 10 times may only see New Moon 4 times. Anyways, that's my thoughts on that film.

Amelia, I'm just not sure of. You've never been unsure whether a film was going to be great or dissapoint?

A film can be of the greatest quality and I don't have to like it. When I look at a film with the game in mind, I try and figure the films from other people's perspective. I want to see 75% of the shows that come out, so that's not a very good bar to use. And that's how most people on this board, HSX, IMDB, etc are. But, if my 18 year old brother who downloads films on the internet and rarely hits the theaters is planning on being at a film on opening day, its probably a hit. If my mother gets a group of her friends together and goes to a film, it's probably a hit. If churches are buying out blocks of seats at a theater, its something you want to look into.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:32 am

Big Fan Trailer 1

Oh man, I love Patton Oswalt and I always thought he'd be great as a villian, like in the Reno 911 movie (but serious). This looks like a great drama with no clear cut good or bad guys. And a pretty good question at the heart of the movie. Hopefully, it'll be in theaters near me.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Planet 51 looks interesting but I'll likely be disappointed in the end. Also, I noticed that the robot dog is basically a ripoff of Wall-E but this character can shrink things with its laser rather than cut things.

And Big Fan should be good if it ever gets released. It reminds me of the Robert De Niro/Wesley Snipes film The Fan but only more dramatic and less ridiculous. Also, I like that it's from the writer of The Wrestler.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:05 am

I also saw the Brothers and The Time Traveler's Wife trailers with Away We Go tonight.

Brothers- the beginning of the trailer makes it look too similar to last year's Stop-Loss but then it gets good once the revenge stuff begins to kick in. Hopefully it is a revenge thriller and the Iraq elements take a back seat.

The Time Traveler's Wife- didn't this same movie come out three years ago as The Lake House?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:03 pm

You saw Away We Go? I just found out tonight that a poker buddy of mine was an extra in that movie, in a scene filmed at our local dog track.

Would you care to write a review? I'll put it on my site if you do; just send it to me. It need not be that lengthy.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 pm

I wrote a little write-up in the An Idea thread. That's probably the best I can do without babbling for 500 words.

However, you could get 500 words on why Maggie Gyllenhaal's performance was pure Honey Baked Spiral Sliced Ham.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:You saw Away We Go? I just found out tonight that a poker buddy of mine was an extra in that movie, in a scene filmed at our local dog track.

Would you care to write a review? I'll put it on my site if you do; just send it to me. It need not be that lengthy.

Shryke,

Yeah, a good bit of the part of the film that takes place in the Phoenix area was filmed at the dog track and at the JW Marriott resort. The part at the dog track with Allyson Janney and Jim Gaffigan as a "married" couple was a scream
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
Shrykespeare wrote:You saw Away We Go? I just found out tonight that a poker buddy of mine was an extra in that movie, in a scene filmed at our local dog track.

Shryke,

Yeah, a good bit of the part of the film that takes place in the Phoenix area was filmed at the dog track and at the JW Marriott resort. The part at the dog track with Allyson Janney and Jim Gaffigan as a "married" couple was a scream

Gaffigan is in it? How long?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next