The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by J.I. Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 am

W wrote:I never watched it, but from commercials during SpongeBob... A kid has some kind of special powers and tries to save the world. Its an anime for kids.

The show was called "Avatar: The Last Airbender," but they can't use the word Avatar because James Cameron trademarked it for films.
I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Avatar bombed and this outgrossed it. But anyway, its about a world where there are four nations (the Airbenders, Waterbenders, Earthbenders, and Firebenders) and they can control that element, and there is one person on earth at a time called the Avatar that can control all four elements. Then the Fire Nation tries to take over the world and would be able to, but these two waterbenders find the Avatar and they go on a journey to help him master all four elements so he can defeat the Fire Lord.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:56 am

A_Roode wrote:Why are you blocked???

I made fun of people mourning Mickey Rourke's dog, Loki.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:12 am

J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:14 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Honestly, it doesnt look that interesting. I am still going to see it though, I havent been let down yet.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:20 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

*lol* Had I been there I would have joined you. I don't think you lost anything in them not wanting your company anymore. We're better friends than those guys anyway, *lol*
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:13 pm

A_Roode wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

*lol* Had I been there I would have joined you. I don't think you lost anything in them not wanting your company anymore. We're better friends than those guys anyway, *lol*

To quote Tommy Corn (Wahlberg) from I Heart Huckabees. "Word!"

I think it sucks and is very sad when someone loses a pet. But why would anybody else care that he lost his pet. Pets die every single day. I lost a kitten that I was nursing back to health when I was 15. I don't remember E! coming to my house to interview me about it my kitten. Just because they are actors doesn't mean that their lives are more important than ours. They just want us to think that way so we don't get outraged that they make 8 Million dollars for lying on camera for 90 minutes.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:22 am

Definitely. They were saying things like "RIP Loki" and shit, like they'd ever met the goddamn dog.

Anyway, Fantaverse >>> JoBlo
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:37 am

The Box trailer

Looks pretty good to me, although they couldn't have picked two more bland actors. I hope they keep the original twist.

Amelia trailer

I think this looks terrific, I'm just wondering if they're going to focus on her life or her disappearance. Just made my Most Anticipated list for the rest of the year.

Spread trailer

Seems kinda stupid, it's basically his real life. And his annoying accent/voice-over doesn't help. Pass

And this is not a trailer, but a redband clip from The Ugly Truth
http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/the-ugly-truth/rule-2
Seems pretty funny, I loved Heigl in her R-rated Knocked Up role so hopefully she's more of the same here. "This bra says: Taste me" LOL
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:00 am

I think The Box looks like the end of Richard Kelly's career as we know it. It seems as if he's ripping off elements of The Twilight Zone episodes and The Shining so to create a cheap excuse to get Donnie Darko fans and tweens to pay $9.00 to see the film.

Also, Frank Langella? Really? You go from playing Richard Nixon to making a cheap horror film for a has-been director? Before you know it, he'll be making movies like Eddie again.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:56 am

Wow, Amelia looks really good. i also just saw a trailer for Daybreakers, that looked really good too
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:12 pm

The Box looks OK and Amelia looks pretty good.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:20 am

Amelia looks absolutely god-awful. Maybe it has something to do with my fear of Hilary Swank being considered our generation's Katherine Hepburn...But mostly it's because it looks like yet another uninteresting portrayal of a very important historical figure.

I have made my love for Southland Tales abundantly clear, and I expect nothing less than utter brilliance from The Box. Richard Kelly has so far gotten better each time out in my opinion, and although I too noticed glaring similarities to The Shining, I am really anticipating what he'll be able to do with the horror genre even if the plot is a little contrived and cryptic.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 am

I also just saw the Zombieland trailer. The idea is pretty good (human bounty hunters who kill zombies for a living in a post-apocalyptic future run by zombies) but I hope that it's not a ripoff of Shaun Of The Dead. That would suck if it did ripoff Shaun Of The Dead.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:43 pm

I think Zombieland looks awesome. Idk it could end up being too campy for its own good but i will see it for sure.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:48 am

Just saw the trailer for Sherlock, Stock N' Rolla. Looks pretty good actually. Good to see Guy Ritchie trying to change it up a bit, even if it is only the time period that's different.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Pretty much every movie linked here looks pretty darned watchable with the exception of Spread and Love Happens. The Box looks good, but like others have mentioned, I find the choice of actors to be quite questionable. I was already expecting quite a bit from The Ugly Truth (somewhere between 27 Dresses and Knocked UP), after that redband trailer it looks like it will deliver. Gamer looks like a cheesy modernized Deathrace, released far too soon after the recent remake. And New Moon, though equally cheesy as the first, gets me tingling regardless...

I absolutely can't stand Hillary Swank, but either she or her agent is freaking brilliant, because they know how to pick sure award bait performances... I challenge anyone to deny that Amelia will be nominated like crazy.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 pm

becs wrote:

I absolutely can't stand Hillary Swank, but either she or her agent is freaking brilliant, because they know how to pick sure award bait performances... I challenge anyone to deny that Amelia will be nominated like crazy.

Not a bet I'm taking! I think your instincts are dead-on here Becs.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:10 am

Zombieland Trailer

Wow. Unexpectedly, this looks terrific. Looks funny and Woody Harrelson being a badass can't go wrong, and the chick from Superbad is very hot. Just needs some Wesley and it'd already be a 10/10

The Invention of Lying Trailer

Looks pretty good, seems like they are surrounding Ricky Gervais with huge stars so as not to have another Ghost Town on their hands. But if this is half as good as that (and it looks like it), it'll still be great.

Couples Retreat Trailer

Another star-studded comedy that I now cannot wait to see. Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau together again!

Ponyo Trailer

(Didn't get a chance to watch it)
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:33 am

Ponyo looks like another winner for Miyazaki. Also, it should satisfy small children that are too young for G.I. Joe or Shorts.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 am

The Stepfather Trailer

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Halloween 2 Trailer

Also, the first trailer for Matt Damon's The Informant is on the front page, but it's not on youtube.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Are those new trailers or did you just repost like half of those from earlier in the thread? Not going to watch em again if not...

Couples retreat looks great, I'm pretty pleased with the great balance in the past couple years of romantic comedies that are more adult and more enjoyable for both men & women than the stereotypical romcoms of the past. I think it will do well.
The Invention of Lying could be good, I liked Ghost Town so will probably enjoy this, however I am getting a bit weary of Ricky Gervais lack of versatility.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:17 pm

The Stepfather looks so bad i cant believe they keep making stupid ass horror films like that.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:32 am

The Stepfather: this is what happens when you let the people who gave us the terrible Prom Night remake do another remake of a 1980's horror classic. Also, the fact that the main character has siblings this time around takes out any sort of tension between the father and the child.

In short, rent the original (if you can find it).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:02 am

becs, the ones that are reposts were Zombieland, Ponyo, and H2. I did it in case some of guys didn't want to click links.

The Informant! New Trailer

Didn't know it was going to be a comedy, but looks great. Loved the 0014 line, lol.

Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakuel 2nd Teaser

Looks like more of the same, guess it depends on the person if that's good or bad.

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs New Trailer

Mr. T is in this. Yes please.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 am

...And corn! That's right. Corn!

The Informant looks a lot like Burn After Reading from the looks of the trailer. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Last edited by Buscemi on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next