The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 am

Trailers before 9:

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Where The Wild Things Are
Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant

The Vampire's Assistant looks terrible. Reilly, Watanabe and Hayek look like they needed the money and the plot basically looks like a mix of The Seeker and Twilight. It is no surprise this was delayed for more than a year, only being released to beat (the director's brother's vampire film) New Moon to theatres.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Here are the trailers from the VMAs tonight:

This Is It Trailer 1

I thought it was going to be in 3D, but it should still be huge. I don't know if all the newfound fans will actively go out to see MJ in action, but should pull his older fans very easily.

New Moon Trailer 3

Dakota Fanning as Jane looks like a genius casting decision. I'm not really a BIG Twilight fan like all these annoying bitches, but this trailer makes it look very good. Looks like they added some action, since there is no fight between Edward and the Volturi in the book. LOL @ getting a male director and the movie starts to resemble 300 with the slo-mo action, love it though.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Buscemi wrote:
The new trailer for The Princess and The Frog gives me the idea that Disney has fucked up any chance of this being good. It seemed that instead of putting emphasis on the plot, the voodoo elements or Randy Newman's songs, they chose to put focus on fart jokes, ass jokes and big-lipped alligator moments. Though I will still see it when it opens, I'm afraid it will be more like Home On The Range than The Little Mermaid.

I've got to agree on this one. The last trailer was great, it started out semi-serious, then threw in something funny at the end, but remained tasteful. This new trailer is completely the opposite, Its like they took every deep south, black cliche and mashed it all together, shoe-horned it into a story that only only poorly fits because of the regional wildlife, and gave everyone out-dated speech somewhere between creole and yat.
This being Disney's first foray into pretty much any black friendly story in decades, I honestly thought they would handle it with excessive tact, but apparently I was wrong.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Paranormal Activity Trailer 1

For all the hype that this is the scariest movie ever made, this trailer is pretty tame. And those are some odd choices for opening cities. No New York or LA? It's coming to my city (Columbus) but I don't know if I'm going to see it.

How To Train Your Dragon Teaser

Shows nothing, why only a teaser? MvA had a full trailer in front of Madagascar 2, I guess we'll have to wait until Alvin & The Chipmunks to get a real one.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 pm

A Single Man Trailer 1

Supposedly, this is another big indie film that is expected to do well at the Oscars. It incited a bidding war only hours after screening at TIFF, however, it was the Weinsteins who got distribution. Meaning we won't see it until March 2013.

The Expendables Bootleg Trailer

Looks good, of course. Surprised they didn't mention Bruce Willis or Ahh-nold.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:08 am

Paranormal Activity will be running in New York after all. It is playing exclusively at the Sunshine Cinema where it will be opening at midnight on September 24th.

Also, I just watched the trailer for The Men Who Stare At Goats. It looks hilarious and surprisingly well-done for a low-budget indie film.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:52 am

Trailers before The Informant!:

Old Dogs
The Blind Side
Amelia
Captialism: A Love Story
Sherlock Holmes

I was surprised not to see trailers for The Men Who Stare At Goats, The Book Of Eli, Ninja Assassin, Up In The Air or Invictus before the film. Instead older trailers who shown (Jennifer's Body probably got Up In The Air and Ninja Assassin while Love Happens probably got The Men Who Stare At Goats and Up In The Air as well).

Captialism: A Love Story looks like another entertaining social commentary from Michael Moore. Though many will criticize it, it can't be too bad.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Well technically, only some prints of The Informant got The Men Who Stare At Goats. Jennifer's Body had all old trailers. And the only new trailer on Love Happens was Valentine's Day.

Nothing got Up In The Air, it's not in theaters yet.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Speaking of that...

Valentine's Day Trailer 1

Basically He's Just Not That Into You 2. Surprised they didn't mention Taylor Lautner to get the Twilight fans interested.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:43 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Well technically, only some prints of The Informant got The Men Who Stare At Goats. Jennifer's Body had all old trailers. And the only new trailer on Love Happens was Valentine's Day.

Nothing got Up In The Air, it's not in theaters yet.

Thanks for the insider info. Strange that Paramount would announce that the Up In The Air trailer would run with The Informant and Love Happens but didn't.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:29 am

Hey, Dr. Bell from Monk is in it. Not that I'll be watching it anyway...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:27 am

Demand that Paranormal Activity should come play in your area.

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm most likely going to a paranormal activity screening on thursday! If i dont chicken out, it looks freaky!
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:46 pm

They are doing midnight sneak previews in many smaller areas this weekend and next. Paramount is expecting a Blair Witch type hit with this.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Trailers shown before Pandorum:

Ninja Assassin
The Fourth Kind
The Stepfather
Law Abiding Citizen

My friend Brad and I's opinions on the first three:

-Ninja Assassin looks good.
-The Fourth Kind is a split decision (he thinks it looks dumb).
-The Stepfather looks bad (and I still burst out laughing during the volume bit).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 pm

In front of Surrogates:

Christmas Carol (looks pretty cool, actually)
The Book of Eli (looks good)
Old Dogs (no freakin' way)
Couples Retreat (still undecided)
Shutter Island (STILL being advertised as October)
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:34 am

Yeah, Paramount is still asking us to put Shutter Island trailers on movies, but they haven't released the trailer with a new release date yet. Pretty stupid.

Unrelated, but I recently saw the first Tv spot for Old Dogs. Isn't it a little early...?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:47 am

Buscemi wrote:Demand that Paranormal Activity should come play in your area.

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/

Why? it looks godawful. The only remotely decent looking horror movie I've seen previews for is The Fourth Kind. PA looks about as scary as Scream.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:09 am

Becs, do you not remember how much Scream made?

And Banks, it's pretty normal nowadays for TV spots to air two months before a movie opens.

Meanwhile, trailers shown before Love Happens:
Couples Retreat (with a few seconds of additional footage at the end)
It's Complicated
Whip It
The Lovely Bones
Valentine's Day

It's Complicated should be good, but as long as they focus it more on Streep and Steve Martin instead of Streep and Alec Baldwin.

Valentine's Day looks terrible and like a remake of He's Just Not That Into You.

Last edited by Buscemi on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 am

I just watched the Black Dynamite trailer on Banks's Facebook page (I didn't even know he had a Facebook page until now). That looks awesome and I hope it runs here in Bible Belt, old white person land.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:38 pm

From Paris With Love Trailer 1

I think this looks terrific, seems to have a great blend of acting and humor. Travolta kicking ass for 2 hours straight!

The Book of Eli Trailer 2

Super badass. Kinda pissed they revealed the book in question is The Bible though.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 am

Apparently, the first teaser for A Nightmare on Elm Street will be on prints of Zombieland.

It was supposed to debut on Myspace tonight at midnight, but it didn't. So we wait...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:40 am

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if the first official (ever since Lionsgate picked the film up) trailer for Kick-Ass played with Saw VI.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

Well here it is...

A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer 1

Holy shit, JEH looks like he was a great choice for Freddy. Seeing as how I loved the Friday the 13th remake, I'll think this will be just as good.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 pm

I think they revealed a little too much for the teaser trailer. I figured that it would be special shoot footage of either Krueger's transformation or a dream sequence of Freddy killing someone. In fact, I hoped that the beginning of the trailer would be multiple Freddy Kruegers chasing a dreaming teenager.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next