The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:41 am

I so wish that drone in Season 3 had hit Andy instead of Rodriguez

Last edited by Keyser Soze on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:21 am

Watched a couple of movies yesterday

Bulletproof (1996) - An R rated action comedy with Adam Sandler and Damon Wayans in their prime? That sounds amazing. It was not. Wayans is awful at trying to be serious and Sandler is super annoying as the retard criminal. It did getter better towards the end, but it was not enough. 4/10

Fargo (1996) - Excellent film. Loved just about all of it. It dragged in the beginning, but when everything kicked into gear, it was non-stop. I don't know why the scene with Marge and th Asian guy from HS was in the movie though. 9/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:40 am

Moon was fucking great. Go see it. I'm definitely gonna see it again before it's out of theaters.

Try to lose any expectations you have about what the film is about--or how good it might be (despite my proclamation of "fucking great").. It's NOT an epic.. Don't watch the trailer again before you see it..

I actually compare it more to Burn After Reading than 2001, in terms of presentation.. The film plays out like a Twilight Zone episode.. It's a cool little story, but it's not something that needs to be studied and analyzed in an academic setting.. Just appreciate it for what it is: an almost flawlessly-executed little "sci-fi" flick with an amazing performance from Sam Rockwell..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:31 am

NSpan, that review makes me really want to see it, after being kinda 50/50 on it before.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 am

geezer9687 wrote:NSpan, that review makes me really want to see it, after being kinda 50/50 on it before.

Dang, so my review only got you to being 50/50 on it?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:15 am

I just watched You Don't Mess With the Zohan (3/10): A bright turd once said, "You're the smartest piece of crap since Albert Poodinger." That piece of poo was Mr. Hanky. That quote basically describes this film that tried to be smart (in social commentary, etc) and grotesque at the same time and fell flat on its face.

P.S. I always wanted to use that quote in something...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:35 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
geezer9687 wrote:NSpan, that review makes me really want to see it, after being kinda 50/50 on it before.

Dang, so my review only got you to being 50/50 on it?

I didn't really read your review completely Keyser. It was mostly description of the plot. And I guess seeing a 7.5 doesn't inspire me that much, but thats just because in my own personal system of rating, a 7.5 is a completely average C grade movie like that of Transformers 2.

I don't think I could pick Sam Rockwell out of a lineup. The thing that really got me was the way NSpan described as being "a cool little story, but it's not something that needs to be studied and analyzed in an academic setting.. Just appreciate it for what it is: an almost flawlessly-executed little "sci-fi" flick with an amazing performance from Sam Rockwell.."

Any time a movie can be described as "appreciate it for what it is," that is my type of movie. I am very good at appreciating films for what they are and not overanalyzing them. Your review was much more of a standard one, and those can hardly sell me on a film, and it was more descriptive of whats happening in the film than saying "It's fucking great." It did inform me on the plot, but not really why I should see it.

I hope any of that made sense.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:13 am

I've been trying to go see Moon for a couple of days now. But parking at the only indie theatre in town is outrageous and I don't wake up early enough to take advantage of thier matinee with free parking.

I'll just wait until I get home next week and hope my theatre will still have it by then.

And W., I could've told you not to waste your time on Zohan. Adam Sandler hasn't done any good comedies in years.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:53 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I've been trying to go see Moon for a couple of days now. But parking at the only indie theatre in town is outrageous and I don't wake up early enough to take advantage of thier matinee with free parking.

I'll just wait until I get home next week and hope my theatre will still have it by then.

And W., I could've told you not to waste your time on Zohan. Adam Sandler hasn't done any good comedies in years.

It was one of those things where a film that you haven't seen is starting RIGHT NOW on Starz and you have to make a quick decision. I think we've all done that... I hope.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:30 am

Yup.

Bruno - What a piece of shit. There is about 2 funny moments in the entire movie. His character is really annoying and all the set-pieces are predictable. He tried waaay too hard to get a reaction out of people, like the camping scene for example. I can't fathom how anyone would think this is anywhere as good as Borat. 3/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:29 am

I saw Moon today, and totally agree with NSpan. Great performance and one of the better sci-fi movies in recent years.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:59 pm

W wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I've been trying to go see Moon for a couple of days now. But parking at the only indie theatre in town is outrageous and I don't wake up early enough to take advantage of thier matinee with free parking.

It was one of those things where a film that you haven't seen is starting RIGHT NOW on Starz and you have to make a quick decision. I think we've all done that... I hope.

Yes i have done that. My friend and i watched Slow Burn on Showtime...that was a mistake.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:44 am

I went through and added a ton of stuff to my what I want to/should watch list over the past couple of weeks including Oscar Winners/some nominees, the IMDB top 250, and I went through BOMOJO's release schedule backwards...

Anyways, I watched The General (1926) (#126 on the IMDB top 250): 7/10 It stars Buster Keaton who also co-directed and co-wrote it. Its about a guy that can't get into the Confederate Army, so he becomes an engineer for them and then his train is stolen by the Union. It was a good film, but I have little tolerence (I have learned) for silent films as I had to keep waking myself up. Few funny parts and I could tell it was very well made, constructed, and acted, so I'm not letting my dislike for the silent era effect my rating as much as a normal film. Its free on the internet archives if anyone wants to see it... Next on the archives will be "M," though I don't know how long it'll be before I get to it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:48 am

transformers2 wrote:
W wrote:

Yes i have done that. My friend and i watched Slow Burn on Showtime...that was a mistake.

Slow Burn on Showtime? I actually saw that in theatres!
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:04 am

Buscemi i am very sorry that you had to pay to see that it was an atrocity and i felt robbed and i didnt even have to pay for it!.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 am

Don't worry, I've seen worse. In fact the weekend it opened, it came out against Pathfinder, Perfect Stranger and Redline (all far worse movies than Slow Burn). My mother and I saw Slow Burn in an empty auditorium and actually found it decent.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I havent seen any of those other films in their enterites. I watched about 20 mins of Pathfinder and it was much worse than Slow Burn. I have also seen much worse than Slow Burn i just thought it was pretty damn bad.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 am

I just watched the great 12 Angry Men (1957) 10/10: Great, great film. Piglet is in it, BTW (Juror #2). This may sound funny, but it reminds me of a sci-filess Twilight Zone episode. You know, in the vein of the type where they're in a room trying to figure something out (usually if someone is an alien or not). Anyways, watch it. There's a reason why its rated so highly.

Actually, here's a stream of the film in its entirety: http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafYMtS.html
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:49 pm

just saw [REC] (the original)............. the whole thing was totally MEH--until the imagery of the final few minutes... that, in itself, redeemed the entire movie.. if it wasn't for that amazingly thrilling sequence toward the end, i'd say that the [REC] was a complete failure
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 pm

NSpan wrote:just saw [REC] (the original)............. the whole thing was totally MEH--until the imagery of the final few minutes... that, in itself, redeemed the entire movie.. if it wasn't for that amazingly thrilling sequence toward the end, i'd say that the [REC] was a complete failure

That end sequence was pretty scary, reminded me a bit of that Aphex Twin music video "Come to Daddy". Also liked the religious angle, it was an interesting twist. Apparently the remake made no reference to it!

Also, I never understand why horror films have characters turn their back on monsters/aliens/zombies. If something scared the hell out of me I'd want my eye on it for every possible second.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 pm

I always vowed that my characters in any horror story would not act stupid but would most likely die anyway. I hate when the characters do retarded things in books and movies. Perfect example other than [REC] is The Strangers. Great horror movie made less (IMO anyway) by Liv and Scott doing the most assinine thing possible for the entire movie.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:01 pm

W wrote:I just watched the great 12 Angry Men (1957) 10/10: Great, great film. Anyways, watch it. There's a reason why its rated so highly.

Agreed 100%. Love that fucking movie. No awesome sets, no explosions but some of the most tense scenes ever filmed.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Donte - Actually saw it on Broadway years ago, and it was even better
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Finally saw Let the Right One In... unfortunately it was the terribad subtitled version. Still a kickass movie, I would put it almost on par with El Orfanato, but not quite!
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:58 pm

You probably know that they are remaking Let The Right One In as Let Me In (reverting to the book's English title). I'm still in middle with the idea.

My reasons:

Pro- it's going to be set in the 1980's.
Con- Matt Reeves has a pretty terrible track record as a writer and director (besides Cloverfield, which I believe was actually directed by J.J. Abrams, he did The Pallbearer, some cheap B-movies and episodes of some crappy TV shows).

Right now, I feel my interest would rise if Reeves gets fired as director and a more capable director takes his place. My personal choice would be Brad Anderson, who's done some good indie thrillers but has never broke into the mainstream world (however, he's done major TV shows such as Masters Of Horror and Dexter).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next