The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 29 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:53 am

Try The Searchers and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence if you're looking for some good Westerns not in the Spaghetti mode
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 29 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:12 am

Watched a new TV Pilot called Sons of Tuscon. Its got Tyler Labine (Sock from Reaper) as the lead.

The pilot was actually very funny and enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 am

if you could stomach ONE more Clint Eastwood Western, i'd recommend The Outlaw Josey Wales, High Plains Drifter, or Pale Rider.. they're all great--and they all have a very different style/vibe from the Leone pictures you've been watching.. all three are directed by Eastwood himself--so, in addition to kickass westerns, it's interesting to see his evolution as the man behind the camera as well as variations on his "hero" character (eg. in High Plains Drifter, the first thing his character does when arriving in town is shoot three dudes and rape a chick)..

i forget, W, did you ever catch The Wild Bunch (it was the recommended movie-club sandwich for Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid)? that'd be a good note to end your Western stint on.. it'll leave a VERY different taste in yer mouth from the spaghetti fare you've been binging on
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:47 am

What I'm doing right now is trying to catch up on films I need to see, esp. those high up on the 250. Right now I'm watching "The Graduate" and I'm finding it positively hilarious. I figure this way is a better way than just watching the films that came out recently (which is what I've done practically my entire life and most people do as well). Then I can look back and say, "Do I really need to see 17 Again?" when its been out a while.

I guess what I'm saying is that I usually make rash decisions based on what just came out rather than what other people say is good. Plus as someone into history, these films are more entertaining (to me) than just how funny/dramatic/etc they are.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:49 am

Whoops, I forgot that I was going to say I was going to watch The Wild Bunch eventually and when I get in the mood for it, I'll check out High Plains Drifter as well. I'm pretty much burned out on westerns right now...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:50 am

Pale Rider is pretty underrated. I actually prefer it over Silverado, a more popular western from the same year.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:25 am

Sorry, but Pale Rider doesn't even compare to Silverado (The best Western made in the last 20 years)
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:37 am

Silverado came out in 1985, 24 years ago.

And here are five better westerns than Silverado that have come out in the last twenty-five years:
1.Tombstone
2.Unforgiven
3.Pale Rider
4.The Quick and The Dead (the one with Stone, Hackman, Crowe and DiCaprio)
5.Back To The Future Part III (technically not a Western but it is set almost entirely in that time)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:53 am

The Graduate is great.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:24 am

The Graduate (95/100): Damned good film. The beginning was hilarious in the akward supposed to be unintentional--meaning it was in the script, but the character wasn't trying to be funny--kind of way. You know, the way that Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill try to be (though entirely more crude obviously) but aren't (in my opinion). Very funny fumbling around and whatnot.

Then you get to the drama side, which is just as good set up with the major conflict of the film. Just before the end it goes completly nuts
Spoiler:
After that it was one hell of a last 10-15 minutes.

Also, Mr. Feeny (Boy Meets World) is in it (as Hoffman's dad), so that's a plus. Smile
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 am

W wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I watched the clips from Avatar today in IMAX 3D. Loads better than the trailer, movie actually looks really interesting. It's def been overhyped, the 3D really isn't even that good.

I'm also watching this NSFW clip from Sorority Row: http://www.screenjunkies.com/movienews/nsfw-sorority-row-topless-shower-scene-clip

There's tits, bad acting, hot Asians, and two really stupid jumpscares within a span of 3 minutes. This movie is going to be like a serious Scary Movie, which is not a good thing for a serious horror movie.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Buscemi wrote:Silverado came out in 1985, 24 years ago.

And here are five better westerns than Silverado that have come out in the last twenty-five years:
1.Tombstone
2.Unforgiven
3.Pale Rider
4.The Quick and The Dead (the one with Stone, Hackman, Crowe and DiCaprio)
5.Back To The Future Part III (technically not a Western but it is set almost entirely in that time)

I'll give you Tombstone, but you are not actually serious about any of the other 4, are you?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny (52/100): Love Tenacious D. Liked a couple songs in the film. Everything else practically sucked except a couple of cameos (Tim Robbins, Amy Poehler, Dave Grohl, Dio, Meatloaf).
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:18 am

Role Models

Highly entertaining. Doesn't attempt to be any more but an enjoyable comedy and achieves it with a great cast and a script that sets it just above the Apatow Standard.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:00 am

American Beauty (95/100): I expected an updated version of "The Graduate," (with the roles reversed) but got something even better. It ended up being multiple character studies that were great on their own and incorporated themselves into one film. All in all, well deserved of the accolades it has gotten.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 am

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle (62/100): I've basically seen it all before (Road Trip, et al) and the best parts were Neil Patrick Harris' cameo(s?). Other than that, same old.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 pm

W wrote:American Beauty (95/100)
W wrote:Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny (52/100)
W wrote:Harold and Kumar go to White Castle (62/100)
hate
love
hate

(how's that for a thoughtfully articulated response?)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:03 pm

don't think i wrote this yet: 17 Again........................honestly, not that bad.. i mean, it's the modern retelling of Big (and every Big-like movie since).. but the humor was there (i laughed out loud more than once), the performances were there (most of the kids were annoying, but the important characters were all great..)

dunno... i love Big.. and i'll probably never see 17 Again again... but, perhaps, somebody..................somewhere...............will grow up without ever seeing Big and will see this instead...

i could imagine worse worlds
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:26 pm

I remember reading the plot of 17 Again and that the film begins with Zac Efron fucking up his life by knocking up his girlfriend. I probably would have been interested had they made it a dark sci-fi in which Matthew Perry goes back to 1989 as Zac Efron to prevent this event from happening...by murdering his girlfriend. Soon after, the time-space continuum gets totally fucked up and Zac Efron goes from career loser to a notorious serial killer. Eventually, he keeps going back into time by killing more and more things that he thinks are fucking up his life until he finally realizes he was the problem to begin with.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 pm

I tried watching Smiley Face again, I just can't seem to finish this movie. It's only semi-funny, but it's cool to see all the cameos.

I'm watching A Thin Line Between Love And Hate aka the Black Fatal Attraction, at least the one before Beyonce's. I forgot how funny Martin Lawrence was in this and that Bobby Brown was in it at all. Plays like a classic 90s thriller. 7/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Buscemi wrote:I remember reading the plot of 17 Again and that the film begins with Zac Efron fucking up his life by knocking up his girlfriend. I probably would have been interested had they made it a dark sci-fi in which Matthew Perry goes back to 1989 as Zac Efron to prevent this event from happening...by murdering his girlfriend. Soon after, the time-space continuum gets totally fucked up and Zac Efron goes from career loser to a notorious serial killer. Eventually, he keeps going back into time by killing more and more things that he thinks are fucking up his life until he finally realizes he was the problem to begin with.

So, you want to make "The Butterfly Effect Part 7: Murderous Intent"?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm

No, I want to make Back To The Future with serial killer elements.

The grisly details of some concepts would probably get too graphic to describe.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:57 pm

Buscemi wrote:No, I want to make Back To The Future with serial killer elements.

The grisly details of some concepts would probably get too graphic to describe.

Didn't they already do that? I believe it was called Time After Time.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

But Time After Time was a bit different. This would be very, very graphic. The decline of one's mind into insanity as he struggles to create the perfect life for himself.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next