The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:53 am

Lethal Weapon 3 - Good stuff, not as terrific as the first. You can see it getting a little more slapstick-y and goofy. I kind of liked the intensity of the original, but this isn't as bad as 4. They're both definitely too old for that shit. 6/10

(HA!)
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 40 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 am

I don't understand the hate for Lethal Weapon 4. Sure it's politically charged but the appearances of Jet Li and Chris Rock easily put it past Lethal Weapon 3 for me (Lethal Weapon 3 is good but it had a weak villain).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 pm

okokokokokokokok!
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Ehh, LW4 might be a tad better than 3. I haven't seen it in a while, and forgot Jet Li was the villian. They both of course sucked compared to the first.

I just think the storyline of an ex-cop stealing guns from evidence lockers is better than leaning on the tired cliche of the Chinese Triads.

Right now I'm about halfway through Lethal Weapon 2.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm

IPKI$$ wrote:okokokokokokokok!

My 3 year old does a Joe Pesci impersonation.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Finish the line, Banks:

"Diplomatic immunity!"
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 pm

W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:52 pm

Billy Elliott 7/10 - was good, I loved the cinematography. Even the slow scenes had such amazing shots that i was entertained throughout. Nice little story to, although i think they could of left out the little gay kid subplot. It just was really weird.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:15 am

I quite enjoy Billy Elliot on occasion, and I think the subplot is essential for setting the background of life in the north of England, gave it a lot more filling. Those backward stereotypes definitely still exist and are a definite fence for kids to cross when pursuing a career in that kind of field.

Anyway, over the last couple of nights we have watched one of Verhoeven's early movies Spetters, which was an interesting take on the coming of age story. Some pretty brutal scenes but some great direction and cinematography. Definitely a sign of what was to come

Also, last night we got to see a screening of Forbidden Planet, one of my favourite sci fi movies and I hadn't seen it in absolutely years. Totally brilliant, really entertaining and with a gripping plot. The special effects still hold up pretty well soon considering its age and always good to see a very young Leslie Nielson.

Finally, we watched Poltergeist for what must be the first time in ten years last night. Still scares the shit out of me, and probably one of a number of movies which made me shit scared of clowns. That scene at the end is terrifying. Didn't realise the little old psychic was only in the movie for little under half an hour though, always thought she had a much bigger role. Still, highly enjoyable.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 am

Well, i just thought it was really weird having someone so young being sexual.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:25 am

It's real, Monkey. It's all real.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:38 am

yes, i know its real, but that doesnt make it any less weird
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:04 am

I will never forget watching Poltergeist at the cinemas when it first came out. It is the scariest movie I have ever watched in a cinema. Usually I find that watching horrors in the cinema removes the 'scary' atmosphere, probably because you are with a large room full of people, whereas alone at home at night, or with only another person or two, adds to the scary atmosphere. Poltergeist defied this norm, and that is why it is one of my favourite movies that I will always rate right up there.
Good to see some appreciation for Billy Elliot too. Great little movie.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:13 am

I don't get scared very much at the movies (real life and vermin are scarier to me), but the end of Quarantine scared the shit out of me.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:18 am

Watched Oldboy, wow where the hell have I been with this one? What a great, intense, enjoyable, mindfuck thriller. The main guy was terrific, along with Mo-Di. "Villian" was great, the story was fantastic and even though I kept trying to guess the ending since everyone says it's crazy, I didn't see ANY of that stuff coming. 10/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 am

Boush: Have you seen the famous footage of a mice plague in outback Australia (I think it's South Australia somewhere)? I too have a phobia of mice and rats and it freaks me out everytime I see it. Spiders don't bother me (been bitten by a Redback twice), snakes are no problem (wether on a plane or not), but mice. pale That is why I own cats, and keep them hungry. Wink

-------

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=848
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40