The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where The Wild Things Are (trailer)

+5
JackO
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
undeadmonkey
J-Man
9 posters

Go down

Where The Wild Things Are (trailer) Empty Where The Wild Things Are (trailer)

Post by J-Man Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:09 am

Hey, I just watched the (new?) trailer/teaser for Spike Jonze's adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are, and here it is:

I'm excited for the film, I never read the book as a child, but I'll always get excited for a Spike Jonze film (until he makes a bad one) - mostly what I took from this is the Wild Things look cool, and the music and picture was a good combination (song by the Arcade Fire).

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Where The Wild Things Are (trailer) Empty Re: Where The Wild Things Are (trailer)

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 am

i had just seen it too. Also one of my favorite books from when i was a kid. I think it looks good, but i dont expect it to have the same appeal to me as a 21 year old as it did when i was little. but I will definitely be seeing it.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Where The Wild Things Are (trailer) Empty Re: Where The Wild Things Are (trailer)

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:31 am

I can't believe that they're actually releasing it. Especially with all of the bad test screenings that the film had.

Meanwhile....alright, a kids' movies for adults! I really can't see children liking the film but adults should end up loving it. However, Warner Bros. probably won't give the film much of a promotional campaign and the film will most likely be more successful on DVD.

Box Office Prediction: 10/30
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:51 am

Damn, that trailer is awesome. It's just jumped to my most anticipated of the rest of the year.

Is it me or does that trailer remind me of the first Benjamin Button trailer?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:34 am

Yeah, I don't know how it's going to do box office wise but that is one hell of a trailer. I am definitely there, pending real life work, when it opens.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 am

Man, I've been waiting soooo long for this movie and that trailer was pure Spike Jonze! He's sinply brilliant. I can't say I agree with the movie not being oriented towards children. I mean, this trailer is geared slightly more to adults, but visually it looks EXACTLY like the book. And seeing as the book is still to this day being read by elementary schoolchildren worldwide and it's slated for a november release, I like it's BO chances actually.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:49 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Is it me or does that trailer remind me of the first Benjamin Button trailer?
Yes, that's exactly what I thought of it.

I think it looks good, but one thing about it is that the wild things look very cheesy to me. Especially the one with the big nose. I guess I'll warm up to them.

And Ipkiss, it comes out in October, not November, but I like its box office chances also.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 am

I want to see it for pure nostalgic purposes. I could care less if it makes 5 M or 30 M OW. This was my favorite book when I was a kid and now after 27 years of my love they make a movie.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 am

Yeah, late october...whatever.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:09 am

MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:31 pm

That's pretty funny. I was actually expecting to see something about his next movie...I'm a dork.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down