The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen

4 posters

Go down

Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen Empty Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen

Post by W Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:43 pm

HSX is now offering real money accounts! Well, not yet, but with approval expected sometime later this quarter, they will. It's $1 for every $1 million. How are they making money on this? I'm not quite sure yet. But, its going to happen. Here's a link:

http://www.hsx.com/security/feature.php?type=cx
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen Empty Re: Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen

Post by W Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 pm

We should start a Fantaverse Fund. Smile
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen Empty Re: Literally One of the Craziest Things I Have Ever Seen

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Man I'd play that. In the last year I've moved from 2 million to 8 million. That means I'd have made 6 dollars profit!!!

I guess advertising revenue is enough to cover that?
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 pm

They make money when people suck at it, just like any bookie does. When people miss, when movies flop that people think will be a success, they lose money, HSX gains. This is awesome though. It would get me back into playing.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:52 pm

But do that many people suck at HSX? It's not like sports gambling where the chances of losing everything is possible, if not probably, so bookies are always going to make money. HSX is easy enough to make a slow gain and I'd be very surprised if that many people lost their opening 2mil. I'd be even more surprised if the amount of those who lose their money covers the vast amounts won by people
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Look at it. This is a little different. You bid for films to start out, so if you want Zombieland right now, you'd have to buy it off of someone for

Today they are auctioning off 3 films (remember, they don't have a license for real money yet) which are The Blind Side, Edge of Darkness, and Amelia.

Here's another page: https://mbox.cantorexchange.com/security/
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:37 pm

With a million hsx dollars only totaling one US dollar its not really a big deal. No one will gain or lose any big amount.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 pm

MrHam wrote:With a million hsx dollars only totaling one US dollar its not really a big deal. No one will gain or lose any big amount.

You can't gain much unless you hit a Blair Witch or something, but if a film never comes out and you spend like $50 on it, you could lose the entire thing.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down