The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer

+3
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
7 posters

Go down

Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer Empty Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 am

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/shutter-island/trailer

I think this looks terrific, even it looks a little like a horror movie. Another homerun for Scorsese and DiCaprio...

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/500-days-of-summer/international-trailer

And the int'l trailer for 500 Days of Summer looks ten times better. They seem to focus more on the comedy and tone down the quirkiness, such as the apparently random song and dance numbers in public and the non-linear timeline.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer Empty Re: Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 am

Both films look fantastic. I have been wanting to see them for some time now, and from the trailer it looks like my patience will be rewarded.

Youtube links:

BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer Empty Re: Shutter Island trailer! Plus new 500 Days of Summer trailer

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:57 am

500 Days Of Summer looks too weird to break out. Also, Fox is really screwing the film's potential as it looks like they are going wide immediately with it (due to the amount of advertising I've been seeing at the megaplexes).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 am

I think they both look amazing! Cant wait to see either one
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:12 am

No offense, I like weird. But sometimes, being weird when you don't need to doesn't always work. From the (U.S.) trailer, 500 Days Of Summer looks rather weird, overly quirky and somehow threatening (in the real world, the plot would be known as stalking). That mix doesn't seem to translate to audience success.

The Zooey Deschanel fans will be all over it but otherwise, it won't do well against Harry Potter and the crowded adult market (Bruno, Public Enemies, The Ugly Truth and Orphan will all be around along with several other arthouse titles trying to fill those small theatres).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

And I just watched the Shutter Island trailer. It looks in a way like Escape From Alcatraz gone East. But I do worry about the fact that they got the hack responsible for the terrible in name only remake of Pathfinder (she also did the much-malinged Alexander and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) to write the film. Sometimes, even the most masterful directors can be bogged down by a terrible screenplay.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

I think both look great, amazed I hadn't really heard about shutter island till now.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 am

Shutter looks incredible and 500 Days looks hilarious.

"I'm still unemployed."
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:07 am

Shutter Island looks fantastic.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 am

Apparently this movie is now called Fart Party IX: Boner's Revenge. cyclops
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down