The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:03 am

Sports fights are the greatest thing to ever happen to the planet Earth.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:30 am

With the exception of the girl used as your avatar, I'm assuming...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:25 am

I went to a showing of E.T. held at the local second run theatre. Nothing like watching a great movie in 35mm or DLP in a movie theatre.

Tomorrow, they're running Forrest Gump for a week and I'll probably go. The week after, they are running Jaws.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:34 pm

IPKI$$ wrote:And I thought I was sick. Kids these days.

lol its true we are a sick generation. Pretty every kid my age [myself included to an extent] thinks Jackass is the funniest thing ever.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 am

I wholeheartedly agree with Banksy and Trans-fat. LOL I love fights.

Watched Repo; The Genetic Opera.

Umm WTF, Holy Shit, and ROFL. This is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. But in a good way. Love the cast and cameos.

3.5 out of 5 stars.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 am

The International 6/10

Decent Little Thriller. Clive Owen was solid and there was an awesome gunfight. On the downside it was overlong,anticlimatic and Naomi Watts Sucked.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:54 am

I thought Repo: The Genetic Opera was boring. The idea is pretty good but at times, it seemed too low-rent and appeals solely to emos and Marliyn Manson fans.

Maybe had the idea gotten a few revisions and they had gotten someone like Terry Gilliam to do it, it could have been better. But anyways, I'll stick with Rocky Horror. That at least isn't something that only fans of Buffy and Marilyn Manson can enjoy.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:15 am

How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days - 2/10

Quite possibly the most cliched and horribly acted romcom I've ever seen in my life. I fucking hated it, which is weird cause I'm usually good for a Kate Hudson movie.

This hasn't been a good day for me movie wise. Earlier today, I watched The Happening again (I'm still not sure why) and then I watched about 20 minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 before I couldn't take the awfulness anymore.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:01 am

Buscemi wrote:I thought Repo: The Genetic Opera was boring. The idea is pretty good but at times, it seemed too low-rent and appeals solely to emos and Marliyn Manson fans.

Maybe had the idea gotten a few revisions and they had gotten someone like Terry Gilliam to do it, it could have been better. But anyways, I'll stick with Rocky Horror. That at least isn't something that only fans of Buffy and Marilyn Manson can enjoy.

What's wrong with Marilyn Manson? He's one of the few decent rockers of the last 15 years or so... Like a mix of Bowie and Alice Cooper but with a more metal sound. I personally think he's got great lyrics on a few of his records especially Antichrist Superstar. I also don't think he had anything to do with school shootings. :)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:14 am

"I'm gonna give him or her a piece of my mind. Or penis."

How funny that the Marilyn Manson episode of Family Guy was just on.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:13 pm

i am going to see Marliyn Manson Slayer and a whole host of other metal bands on August 4th.

Im not really the biggest Manson fan but he is talented.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:16 pm

I just find Marilyn Manson simply too dark and sadistic to enjoy. Dark and sadistic works in the movies but I just don't like my music that way. Unless it's old school metal.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:14 pm

The Mist - 8/10

I didn't expect to like it, I'd caught parts of it in theaters and thought it was another Slither or 8 Legged Freaks. Surprised that it was a great movie, it dealt more with human behavior than the actual monsters themselves. And of course, it's Stephen King so the ending was fantastic.

Hated that preacher lady so much.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:The Mist - 8/10

I didn't expect to like it, I'd caught parts of it in theaters and thought it was another Slither or 8 Legged Freaks. Surprised that it was a great movie, it dealt more with human behavior than the actual monsters themselves. And of course, it's Stephen King so the ending was fantastic.

Hated that preacher lady so much.

Yeah, I thought it was a great film. When it came out it was extremely hard to rent. It was one of those "Blockbuster Only" titles, but Hollywood Video had it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:14 am

I didnt like The Mist at all IMO. I thought it was really dumb throughout and then the ending was really,really bad. I just really hated that movie everything about it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:34 am

I thought the only bad thing about the ending was Thomas Jane's acting. What didn't you like about it?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:39 am

i thought the ending was so good that it actually saves an otherwise mediocre movie..

the whole thing has a made-for-tv vibe to it (langoliers, anyone?).. but Darabont turns it around with that amazing finale--the one aspect of the story that Stephen King had NOTHING to do with!
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 am

NSpan, do you know what the original ending is? Could you post it in spoilers for me?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:07 am

I would like to know too
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 am

I thought it was one of the best horror movies this decade, though I can't name many other decent horror films this decade...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 am

NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:24 am

So it just ended
Spoiler:
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:40 am

He likes to leave his books openended sometimes so that you have envision what happens and come to your own conclusions.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:17 am

hmm, i like that ending better....
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Spoiler:
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next