The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:28 am

silversurfer19 wrote:I liked I Love You, Man too.

And I'm not gay.

Anyway, watched Donkey Punch last night. Man, that was one brutal movie, not for the squemish. Especially the part where Ray Winstone's daughter sets off a flare in the guys gut. Man.

And as an ideal bookend we also watched Horton Hears A Who, I really liked it. Not Pixar good, but definitely on a par with Kung Fu Panda. Just a good animated movie. We also tried to watch The Other Boleyn Girl, having recorded it. Then we found out it was a 1993 BBC movie and not the Natalie Portman orgasm I was hoping for.... I hate it when that happens. I had to go and have sex just to get a release.....

You must be gutted. You poor poor man. Sad
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:40 am

What can I say, I'm a giver. And the other half does like to receive.

I hope she doesn't read this.....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:49 am

I hated Donkey Punch. I felt that it was the plots from Hostel and Turistas....only done worse. It's sad to think that movies like Donkey Punch can get financed with government money but some potentially great movies remain unmade.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:53 am

I didn't say it was a good movie, on the contarary it was a pile of crap. But it did have some horrible deaths, and was certainly not a pleasant movie experience. The acting was terrible, however, and the plot very obvious from the onset. At least it was financed by British government money though, not that of NZ or USA....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 pm

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (#4 IMDB Top 250) 94/100: Watched the extended version, though don't know how extended it was since I never saw the original. Very good. I usually cannot stand westerns and I have to admit some of the sequences where they show a guy's face for what seems like five minutes or show various guys' hands for a while to build up tension did get on my nerves. Like waiting for someone to pull off a bandaid and you're not sure when its going to happen. Anyways, I chaulked that up to the style of the film and genre in particular and enjoyed everything else. My favorite context in the film was that you could see that contrary to popular belief, many people weren't interested in which side won the Civil War and most Americans couldn't have cared less about the slavery issue (i.e. weren't for or against it) during that time period (they had problems of their own) as it wasn't mentioned whatsoever in the film. I can't think of another film set during the Civil War that doesn't bring it up at least once.

Anyways, good plot(s), good characters, great kick-ass anti-hero ("The Good" wasn't saintly enough to be considered a pure "hero").
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:08 pm

wow, i'm surprised you hadn't seen it before.. i had you pegged as someone who'd proudly have the box-set in their dvd collection (not a bad thing, of course!!)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:14 pm

I've watched plenty of westerns over the years but never gotten round to TGTBATU. A big fan of Once Upon A Time In The West Though. Will probably have to get round to this one though.

Watched today:

Margot At The Wedding

I appreciated The Squid And The Whale. I recognised that Baumbach had talent. But man, this was not a movie I will be watching again. The acting was generally good, despite Jack Black's inability to pull off dramatic scenes. Jennifer Jason Leigh was particularly good as usual, and Kidman too. But I could not find one ounce of care for any of the characters. Maybe that was the intention, Baumbach seems to have an ability to create unlikeable characters. But there was not one character in the movie I found pleasant to watch. I could not find a single character which could possibly be related too. And that I find is kind of important in a drama. I just didn't care for them.

Okay he was trying to portray an obscure estranged family who are a little bizarre. But most humans are not like this. In fact I don't know anybody like this at all. The adults talk to their children as if they are adults and vice-versa (seriously, does anybody tell the parent that they spent the previous night masturbating just matter of factly? I highly doubt it), but then the mother-son relationship is still enforced. Is this a parent-child relationship or not?

Maybe we are not supposed to like the characters, and we are to see the strange dynamic a family has taken, but I don't see the point in this. In fact its not that I even disliked the characters, which would at least maintain my interest, I just didn't care for them whatsoever. I kinda understand why the movie flopped so hard now. A shame, as the guy definitely has ability, just not with this I feel. 4/10

Also watched Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. It was okay, fine for watching when you have nothing else on. Acting is generally poor, even from Natalie Portman (don't worry Natalie, I still adore you). Story nothing special. I enjoyed seeing the toys in the toy store and some decent special effects. but that was pretty much it. Pretty blah. 6/10

Finally watched The Baker. We really enjoyed this. Very Hot Fuzz meets In Bruges. Some funny scenes and good all round entertainment. Will probably buy this on dvd. 7.5/10
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:17 pm

I Love You Man 8.5/10

This movie was damn hillarious. Very funny and had every type of humor in. Loved the whole tone of the movie. The characters were very likeable and Paul Rudd and Jason Segel worked very well together.

Great Supporting turns from Rashida Jones,Jon Faverau and J.K Simmons all hillarious characters. Buscemi is out of his damn mind they werent trying to create catchphrases and it was not anti-gay. It had two gay characters that werent portrayed negatively at all. Pretenious Douchebags? The characters were just having fun with each other and staying stupid shit. That happens in real life all the time people have fun and say stupid shit.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm

NSpan wrote:wow, i'm surprised you hadn't seen it before.. i had you pegged as someone who'd proudly have the box-set in their dvd collection (not a bad thing, of course!!)

Nope, I've never cared for westerns in general. I really hadn't seen many older films before joining this site and I'm trying to catch up a little... A lot actually. I've watched like 20-30 of the 440-450 films I had on my list already in the past couple of months.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm watching Ultra-Voilet right now, man this movie is stupid.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 am

I saw Ultraviolet when it first came to DVD. I don't remember that film even having a plot. It was just Milla Jovovich playing Milla Jovovich, doing what she always does. And the director apparently needed the money (because the Weinsteins screwed any chance of Equilibrium breaking out in theatres).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:52 pm

I do want to see Equilibruim, I keep hearing about this gun kata that's supposed to be amazing.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm about to watch Life Is Hot In Cracktown.. finally 'purchased' my copy.. Very Happy

I've been looking forward to that one.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm

It is from the director of Combat Shock. Combat Shock was one of the best films ever released by Troma.

I imagine you got the unrated version. The rated version cuts some of the violence.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Buscemi wrote:It is from the director of Combat Shock. Combat Shock was one of the best films ever released by Troma.

I imagine you got the unrated version. The rated version cuts some of the violence.

Don't know yet. I dled it and that piece of info was not available. I'll betting i'll be able to tell soon after it starts anyway.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:54 pm

I actually somewhat liked Ultraviolet for the first half of the film and then it just crapped out in the 2nd half.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I keep hearing about this gun kata that's supposed to be amazing.
if i was 12 when it came out, it would've been life-changing... unfortunately, i was a bit older than that--so i thought the movie was pretty ridiculous
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 am

I prefer Equilibrium over The Matrix.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:35 am

Buscemi wrote:I prefer Equilibrium over The Matrix.

sure, me too.... but that's not saying much

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 26 Whoa
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:19 am

The Matrix is insane and IMO one of the best movies ever made.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:40 am

I just watched Jerry Maguire, great movie I really liked it. I gotta see more Zellweger movies, I enjoyed her the most (thats what she said). 8/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:43 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I just watched Jerry Maguire, great movie I really liked it. I gotta see more Zellweger movies, I enjoyed her the most (thats what she said). 8/10

Nurse Betty... watch it... Hilarious! Zellweger, Freeman, Chris Rock, and Greg Kinnear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171580/
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:44 am

transformers2 wrote:The Matrix is insane and IMO one of the best movies ever made.

That's a good reason why its in the finals of the Fantaverse's favorite Sci-Fi movies as we type.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 am

The Matrix in five seconds:

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 am

W wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I just watched Jerry Maguire, great movie I really liked it. I gotta see more Zellweger movies, I enjoyed her the most (thats what she said). 8/10

Nurse Betty... watch it... Hilarious! Zellweger, Freeman, Chris Rock, and Greg Kinnear.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171580/

Yeah I've seen it, the only Zellweger movies I've seen are Nurse Betty and Me, Myself, & Irene.

Both are fucking terrific, and Jerry Maguire was really good. She's batting 1.000 in my book...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next