The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by mfrendo Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Lost is great! Yeah, W, Season 2 is a bit of a letdown, especially when you get to the end, but I won't talk about that now as to not ruin it. I thought the seasons after that all brought it back into fine form. Shit gets pretty crazy and kinda sci-fi as it progresses.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:17 am

I just watched The Nostalgia Critic's review to North. This was a movie that I liked when I was four (but then again, I basically liked every movie that came out in Summer 1994). But now after watching his recap of the film, I can't believe that I never realized how incredibly bad it was. I can see why Roger Ebert feels that it's the worst film ever made (the review also includes clips from Siskel and Ebert's review and their entertaining trashing of it).

Also, I was surprised to see that Alan Arkin and Scarlett Johansson were in it. I guess the paychecks were good at the time.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:57 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 11/10 What can I say? Winning a Super Bowl and a Stanley Cup within 4 months of each other. Doesn't get much better than this. Now if only we had a decent baseball team, but I guess I can't be that greedy.

I feel ya Keyser im from the Boston Area. We are the greediest sports fans around. Also congrats to The Pengiuns for taking out those commie Red Wings. Speaking of Other Pittsburgh sports I love the Steelers they are my 2nd favorite team and The Pirates arent doing that bad.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 am

Yeah, you guys in Boston have had a lot to be happy about over the last decade or so with the Sox, Celtics and Patriots. Pretty much all we've had are the Pens and the Steelers, but it's a lot more than most cities have had. I'm not sure it gets any better than beating the Red Wings in a Game 7 on their ice though. First time a major professional sports team has won a Game 7 on the road in 30 years since the Pirates did it to the Orioles in 1979 so that pretty much lets you know the odds weren't in our favor.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:36 am

Sixers haven't done anything since 2001 though...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:45 am

Sixers are from Philly not Pittsburgh.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 am

Buscemi wrote:I just watched The Nostalgia Critic's review to North. This was a movie that I liked when I was four (but then again, I basically liked every movie that came out in Summer 1994). But now after watching his recap of the film, I can't believe that I never realized how incredibly bad it was. I can see why Roger Ebert feels that it's the worst film ever made (the review also includes clips from Siskel and Ebert's review and their entertaining trashing of it).

Also, I was surprised to see that Alan Arkin and Scarlett Johansson were in it. I guess the paychecks were good at the time.

I liked it when it first came out as well, and I don't even have age as an excuse. Embarassed I wouldn't mind checking out that review you're talking about but I am lazy and my home computer is broken, so any chance of you doing the work and PMing a link?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:25 am

lol, now i want to see North
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 am

I'm like that with really bad reviews. That's why I had to see The Brown Bunny for example. That's why I will check out The Love Guru.....etc, etc,etc.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Here is the link to the review (it runs 25 minutes so you will need some free time to watch it):

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/7838-north
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Sixers are from Philly not Pittsburgh.

Yeah I figured you guys root for them since same state and all.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Nope, it's pretty much inbred in us to not root for any team from Philly
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:37 am

Watched Psycho with the wife. It was her first viewing. Her quote was "No wonder that movie is famous. It is so fucking creepy."

9 / 10 Stars still.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:42 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Nope, it's pretty much inbred in us to not root for any team from Philly

lol thats kind of like its inbred that i am from Mass and hate the Patriots. I get insulted frequently.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:34 am

transformers2 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Nope, it's pretty much inbred in us to not root for any team from Philly

lol thats kind of like its inbred that i am from Mass and hate the Patriots. I get insulted frequently.

I can't stand any pro teams from Indiana. I almost got in a fight at a Pacers/Mavs game at Conseco six or so years ago... There was more to that, though.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Are you sure it wasn't a Pacers/Pistons game about 5 years ago...?

(Did you throw a beer?)
Suspect
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Nope, it was before that... And in Indiana. That occured in Michigan.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Damn, I am all kinds of off lately
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Has anyone ever realized that the Pistons arena is a full half-hour away from Detroit? And yet, they always sell out that big arena.

I guess it pays to have a good team and some die-hard fans that will do anything for them.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Buscemi wrote:Has anyone ever realized that the Pistons arena is a full half-hour away from Detroit? And yet, they always sell out that big arena.

I guess it pays to have a good team and some die-hard fans that will do anything for them.

Yes, but most of Detroit's wealthier suburbs are closer to where the Arena is located. No one that actually lives in Detroit proper could afford tickets to an NBA game any way. The arena is closer to places like Grosse Pointe, Birmingham, and Auburn Hills where folks are wealthy enough to afford absurd NBA ticket prices.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Good problem solving, Keyzer.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 am

Watched three DVD's yesterday (one of those days with nothin' to do...)

Twilight 2/5 - Watched mainly so I could have a real opinion. Better than I thought, but still pretty bad. The vampire glittering in the sun part was one of the worst things I've ever seen...and the softball game was pretty stupid. But good direction at least kept me watching the horrible storyline.

Baraka 4/5 - Watched it for school. Good, but these types of films kind of lose their allure every time I watch another. Koyaanisqatsi was the first that I saw, and I was blown away. Then I saw Pawaqatsi and thought it was good, but not as good as the first. This is probably the third best, but still worth watching, especially if you haven't seen any of the qatsi trilogy.

He's Just Not That Into You 3.5/5 - Way better than expected. Watched due to recommendation based on the films structure. Found it surprisingly enjoyable. Jennifer Connolly gave a really good performance. I did wonder, while watching, if Bradley Coopers role in this had any part in the Hangover's success with the female demographic. While Baraka was a better film (mainly from an art standpoint), this one is easier to watch, and probably the one of the three that I would watch again first.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:59 am

I am the only one who has watched that Pistons-Pacers brawl like 50 times? its comic genius!
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:44 am

And I thought I was sick. Kids these days.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 am

transformers2 wrote:I am the only one who has watched that Pistons-Pacers brawl like 50 times? its comic genius!

Nope, that would be everyone. If you owned a TV at the time, you saw it 50 times.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next