The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 28 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Donte77 Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:43 am

Well fuck those meth-heads then. LOL

We will play a singer songwriter that I first heard open at a small club in Indy. He came onstage and played a straight acoustic set by himself and it was great.

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 28 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 am

Donte, That guy was pretty good. One of the better songs I've heard in this thread.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 am

Yay Keyser liked my music without me having to play The Clash. LOL

He was great. Plus what kind of balls does it take to open for a band by yourself with an acoustic guitar when no one there has heard of you.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:37 am

Wow, Elton John had so many great songs in the 70's, didn't he? I think this one, though, is my favorite, and the live version is the best:

Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:05 am

Today I feel in a party mood, probably a consequence of getting my Watchmen tickets. So I'll pick something a little different to my usual. Accompanied by a great video here is:

Junior Senor - Move Your Feet
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 pm

I would consider this one of the most innovative videos of all time. It was huge when it first came out a few years ago, because its just so amazingly fun to watch.

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:Wow, Elton John had so many great songs in the 70's, didn't he? I think this one, though, is my favorite, and the live version is the best:

Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom

Shryke,

Big fan of early Elton John myself. This one may be a little long, but it shows that ole EJ could actually rock out in his younger days.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Best music video ever, becs.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 pm

I love that video too, in fact, I can watch any OK GO video over and over again. I was going to post one a couple of weeks ago but thought too many would have already seen it so decided against. Still a great video though.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 am

I hate that song, Here It Goes Again.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:32 am

Wanted to post something today by one of my favorite singer/songwriters. He is one of the most under rated ones of the last 20 years. Never really caught on in this country although he is huge in europe as well as his native British Isles. Kind of funny that he lives here in the States but hardly ever plays here doing most of his touring in Euope and the UK. Not necessarily the song choice that i wanted to post, but most of them had embedding disabled.

Here's Lloyd Cole back when he had his band The Commotion.

If you click on it, check out Rattlesnakes or Lost Weekend

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:42 am

I felt like hearing some Danko today. Here is Danko Jones with Dance

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:36 am

Another Canadian band who are doing great things! Awesome call Donte!

This was the single that let them break out big here at home (which admittedly means that probably six people in the States heard them, *lol*). Sound quality isn't top notch, but it's hard to keep an awesome song down. Danko Jones with 'Bounce':

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:12 am

My third of four Elton John videos was a toughie. He has SO MANY songs that I love - "Someone Saved My Life Tonight", "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word", "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting", "Empty Garden", "I'm Still Standing", "Who Wears These Shoes?", "A Word In Spanish" - the list just goes on and on. But my favorite EJ song from the 80's is one that most of you probably wouldnt expect. Simple, sweet, terrifically worded, and watching the video, you actually forget that Elton is, you know, not into girls. But that's okay, Joanna Pacula is hot enough to share with the world. My video pick for Friday, February 27th:

Elton John - Nikita

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:21 am

Okay, my contribution for today is something else from J. Here is:

Jeff Buckley - Mojo Pin

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm surprised that Tarantino hasn't found this music and put it into one of his movies yet.

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:02 pm

I discovered this amazing welsh chick because her song "Come on Closer" was the music for a Desperate Housewives promo a few years back and the song absolutely sticks in your brain until you have to go check her out...

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:22 am

My fourth and final Elton John video is, simply, my favorite of his hits of the 90's. It was a tough choice, given that I love "Healing Hands", "Club at the End of the Street", "The One", "Believe", "Made in England" and his two big hits from The Lion King. But this is the one that is my favorite. My video pick for Saturday, February 28th:

Elton John - Simple Life

What are you guys' favorite EJ hits? I KNOW you've all got one (or several)...
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Tonight I'll provide something from the letter K. One of my favourite bands of the 90s:

Kula Shaker: Hey Dude

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Here's a couple of videos from a great guitarist that I had all but forgotten. Truly remarkable stuff. My video pick(s) for Sunday, March 1:

Eric Johnson - Trademark and Cliffs of Dover

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:59 am

Surf,

Didn't know anyone else here was a Kula Shaker fan. Love the song, Tattva, and one of their album covers was drawn by Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:13 am

Yeah, I've been a big fan of Kula Shaker for more almost 15 years. And yeah, Gibbons drew the cover of K, my personal fave KS album. They recently reformed which was great to see, and they are still producing decent stuff. Another piece of trivia (which I think the majority of fans do know), is that Crispian, the lead singer, is the son of Hayley Mills and Grandson of Sir John Mills.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:25 am

Becs, I am a huge fan of Jem. I first heard 24 a few years ago (pandora or maybe XM) and it was great. I don't have a whole lot since all her damn songs are for soundtracks to movies or TV shows I will never watch. LOL

SS:
Never heard this Kula Shaker but they are pretty cool. May have to check them out.

And since I am having a shitty ass monday and there isn't any serious music on here (since Shryke is flooding us with Queen John LOL) I felt like hearing some Tool. So here to depress and terrify everybody is Sober.

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

Donte77 wrote:And since I am having a shitty ass monday and there isn't any serious music on here (since Shryke is flooding us with Queen John LOL) I felt like hearing some Tool. So here to depress and terrify everybody is Sober.

Gee, Soh-reeee. If you want depression and terror, given your Super League slates, I figured you'd post a video by Jonas Brothers. Twisted Evil Laughing tongue

I'm half-tempted to play "The Bitch is Back" to retaliate.

Last edited by Shrykespeare on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

Touche! Shryke!!

And glad you're into KS, Donte, they are a great band, mixing rock and indian influences. K is the best starting point for them.

Last edited by silversurfer19 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next