The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 27 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 am

Not the best sound quality on that KMFDM song. Here's my favorite song by that group, by far:

KMFDM - Juke Joint Jezebel

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 27 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by becs Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:51 am

That was The Rasmus Donte, avoid away.

I'm liking your wife more and more (though I hated that odd egg video the other day) Keyser, you can never go worng with KMFDM. And Donte, they are Industrial not Electronica, totally different genres.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 am

Thought I'd throw out one more of the wife's pics before I got back to more of mine. This is My Life with theThrill Kill Cult, and "Kooler than Jesus"

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 am

This thread is severely lacking in the Bad Religion department. I'll fix that.

Last edited by geezer9687 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 am

Geez,

It's disabled.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try and get another one.

Edit: Fixed, much better.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Wow, while KMFDM may sound like nails on a chalkboard to me, that Mogwai song seems to me the kind of thing that was being used in a backroom in Guantanamo prison as torture on terrorists. I kept thinking I wasn't giving it enough time to get going, but it never did.

Lol, I love that song, but Mogwai aren't for everyone. What I love about Mogwai and post-rock is that they understand the vale of every single note. They let it ring out, and manipulate it to fill their dreamy soundscape. I have to say I normally hate guitar solos, they're flamboyant and lose focus, an effort in showmanship as opposed to the power of the song. Solos ruins what a song is trying to convey. Mogwai do the opposite, use a minimal amount of notes in order to maintain the integrity of the song's mood, or tone. Admittedly, to get people to understand Mogwai I usually tell them to listen to them late at night, because it's so ambient at times. However, Mogwai are the loudest band I've ever heard live. Try this

Or this

numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:27 am

Tried Batcat, and still nothing. Just sounds like more musical maturbation. Nothing that hasn't been done before by bands like Ten Years After, Mountain, Rush and even Metallica.

I'm sure in concert, they're loud, but not quite sure if they're Skinny Puppy loud. Loudest band I ever saw, and I'm talking ear bleeding loud. And to boot, they had a movie screen behind them that was showing snuff films.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:15 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Tried Batcat, and still nothing. Just sounds like more musical maturbation. Nothing that hasn't been done before by bands like Ten Years After, Mountain, Rush and even Metallica.

What I like about Mogwai is the fact that they can balance their louder, metal-like, with slow, ponderous, even tender songs, distancing them from the likes of the bands you mentioned above. I don't get your comment regarding musical masturbation. All music is masturbation ;-)
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:27 am

local band...

Oliver Future - In the Shadows
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 am

Today I feel like some Jimmy Eat World. So here we go:

Jimmy Eat World - Sunday

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:52 am

Before I move on in the "J" section with some Elton John, he's a song that I occasionally get stuck in my head (and I like it);

Animotion - I Engineer

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:18 am

I usually don't post in this thread too often, but here's a little Electric Six for that ass! This is their minor hit from a few years back, "Danger! High Voltage". There's always been a bit of a rumor that a lesser known Jack White did backup vocals on it...

mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:03 pm

I love Electric Six but that song was definitely not their best. My favorite is by far Rock and Roll Evacuation.

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:35 pm

becs wrote:I love Electric Six but that song was definitely not their best. My favorite is by far Rock and Roll Evacuation.

Ha! I just finally got that album yesterday from Amazon. First time I heard that song was last night, and, yes, I loved it! To be honest, I think my favorite song of off "Fire" is "I'm the Bomb", but there's no video. Did you get their newest, "Flashy", yet? "Gay Bar part 2" is pretty badass...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Is it just me or do Electric Six and DVDA sound very similar, especially with that last song??? I think so.

Maybe they are all collaborating on songs. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 pm

I can't believe I wasted my post on DVDA. LOL My favorite Electric Six song so far is Naked Pictures (of Your Mom) but I haven't heard a whole lot.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 pm

DVDA rocks!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm

Thought I'd go back to an old stalwart today.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:48 am

Here's the first in a series of the great, great Elton John, in a classic Muppet Show moment.

Kermit - "How many times have I told you not to eat the guest star during the opening number?!"

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 am

Sticking with the J's, I'll go with a great little Northern Irish band:

JJ72 - Long Way South

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:52 am

Donte77 wrote:Is it just me or do Electric Six and DVDA sound very similar, especially with that last song??? I think so.
I dunno, they kind of do. Personally the first time I heard Electric Six I thought it was Tenacious D.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 pm

I guess all comedy rock bands sound alike. Although Electric Six is more more rock than comedy they have enough comedy to not be a pure rock band.

SS:
That song was pretty good. I usually do not watch the videos everyone posts here. I play the song, see the first couple seconds of the video and then I listen to the music while I do whatever else I may be doing. I saw the chick bass player and then when the lyrics started I assumed she was singing. I swapped back over to that screen and "Hey that's a dude." Still pretty good even though he sings like a teenage Geddy Lee.

Today I would like to play a song by one of my favorite bands, Days of the New. They had a couple great albums in the late 90s and then after drug problems and internal band problems, have not made any since. Supposedly there is an album to be released this year but I am not holding my breath. The last album was released in 2000. Still a great song no matter how many problems they have. Saw them in concert in 99 or 00 and the show was suberb.

Days of the New - Touch, Peel and Stand

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Donte, that video is disabled.

And I was in love with Hillary Woods from JJ72 for a couple of years. She was hot. The band made a great first self titled album, but their second one didn't really do it for me, and they split up a couple of years later as they couldn't get a record deal. A shame, they were a very talented band. And Mark Greaney did sound like an Irish choirboy.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Haha Donte I was looking to post that exact video about 2 weeks ago but couldn't find any Days of the New that didn't have embedding disabled and was too lazy to head over to dailymotion for the link.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next