The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 30 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by A_Roode Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Further proof in that video that Judas Priest will blow your mind, ha ha! Excellent choice Shryke. That was the song they closed their 'Live Aid' set with in 1985. They opened with 'Living After Midnight' and also played this Fleetwood Mac cover and is one of my favourites by Priest:

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 30 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by NSpan Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:46 am

i prefer the live version from the expanded version of Everybody's in Showbiz, but this one'll do for now:
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:07 am

As long as we're on a Priest kick, here's one for Donte. Does this remind you of certain videos by Tool (only ten years later)?

Judas Priest - Turbo Lover

P.S. 500 posts! Woo-hoo!!!!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:22 pm

I love that song Roodey but why, oh why, does Rob look like he is doing the Carlton dance from the Fresh Prince vid Shryke posted????? I know the skeleton is running and he must be doing that in emulation but it looks terrible. One of the first signs that Rob was gay was this dance... LOL

"It's not unusual to be your turbo lover."
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:35 am

Rob was gay????????????????
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:33 am

I am just surprised that of all the leather clad make-up wearing singers from the 80's, there are only a handful of gay ones. LOL Of course I feel the same way about the current fad of the little faux-hawk gelled hair with the popped collar or the idiot goth kid with his baggy black jeans and band t shirt and his retarded nautical star tattoos. The same went for mullets, bell bottoms, lesiure suits and the like. All fads will look completely ridiculous in 5 years and you will feel like a choad when seeing pics of yourself later in life.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:14 am

Meanwhile, the perfectly straight Donte dresses like chiquita banana?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:44 am

I thought we all agreed to not discuss that any more. I am pretty sure it is in my Fantaverse contract somewhere...

Laughing

And dressing like a woman with fake eyelashes, make-up and a stuffed bra with fruit on my head is completely different than wearing makeup with leather pants. Really it is. Seriously.

And that reminds me of a quote.

"Bet you're gay."
"No I'm not."
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:53 am

At least Donte's was a costume, not his everyday wardrobe. At least I hope.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:22 am

Donte dresses like Silk Spectre and has "business" with up to four Dr. Manhattans (nude and very well hung).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:33 pm

Donte77 wrote:I am just surprised that of all the leather clad make-up wearing singers from the 80's, there are only a handful of gay ones. LOL Of course I feel the same way about the current fad of the little faux-hawk gelled hair with the popped collar or the idiot goth kid with his baggy black jeans and band t shirt and his retarded nautical star tattoos. The same went for mullets, bell bottoms, lesiure suits and the like. All fads will look completely ridiculous in 5 years and you will feel like a choad when seeing pics of yourself later in life.

I read an interview with Halford some time ago and he was talking about how the band got together and was figuring out their look. Initially they all dressed like Hippy-flower children Shocked Rob had the long hair, the straw hat, the sari robe, all that bell-bottomed hippy shit. The band looked the same way. Rob apparently was scouting out sex shops and clubs (read: gay bars) and found that a lot of the shops were selling studded leather outfits. He bought some, brought it back to show the band and suggested a uniform change. They all thought the studded gauntlet thing looked great and joined in. They started playing their gigs in the new costumes and the rest is history...
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:02 pm

On to the letter "K". My first choice is a group that is pretty much is only known as a one-hit wonder for "Walking On Sunshine", a song that annoyed me no end due to it's CONSTANT airplay. However, they were a very entertaining live band, and, for the record, they had two other hits, albeit minor ones. One is a pretty kick-ass song, and it's my video pick for today.

Katrina and the Waves - Do You Want Crying

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:51 pm

I'll go with a "k" choice as well today...fittingly by a band called K's Choice. Here's a song I like quite a bit. I found three different videos, all of which look to be made by fans. Here's the one I liked best...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 am

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:13 pm

I found a terrific late-NWOBHM band called Wolf. Ruined by signing with the wrong label, they only released on album, but it was one hell of a good one! Slow, moody, awesome:

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:53 pm

Cut Copy, an Australian that tries to bridge the gap between dance and indie music, and largely suceeds- usually by sounding like New Order!

numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 am

Another great "K" group... not their best song, but a historic moment, as it was their very first video/album without all that makeup that made them famous.

KISS - Lick It Up

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:26 am

Since I haven't commented here in a while, I will give you my eight favorite segments of Boonehams' Inappropriate Soundtracks

(I really wanted to include his Equilibrium, Terminator 2 and The Dark Knight videos but damn copyrights forced the videos to be removed)

(in chronological order)

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Let's go back to my female singer/songwriters for today. Rachael Yamagata with Worn Me Down

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Three Spoof Songs:

BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Thought I'd play one for me today. This is one of my favorite bands doing a song by one of my least favorite bands, but since it is my birthday, I don't care.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:28 am

My pick of the day is a song I saw performed live, it gave me chills, and it gets stuck in my head ever since.

becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Here is a couple of live performances by a great local band. They are lots of fun and their songs are great.

Benjamin Del Shreve with Brilliant and Charming

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:41 pm

And the same band with Hey Man, I Look Good.

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Back from vacation!

or, if you prefer:

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30