The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS OF THE WEIRD: Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying

+19
TBB
JackO
BanksIsDaFuture
numbersix_99
MisterInformative
NSpan
silversurfer19
mfrendo
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
geezer9687
Mannix2121
undeadmonkey
Shrykespeare
Donte77
Buscemi
becs
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
23 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 10 Empty Re: NEWS OF THE WEIRD: Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 10 Empty Re: NEWS OF THE WEIRD: Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Young Pheezy Fights a Fiesty Fan

Joaquin Phoenix is officially a hip-hop star, having hopped off of the stage to get face-to-face with a heckling fan in Miami before being dragged back on stage by his security team. However, with this whole Phoenix rap transformation thing, one can never know what's real and what's a part of the grand scheme.
Conveniently, actor Casey Affleck, who's shooting a documentary on Phoenix's rap crusade, recorded the confrontation.

In October, Phoenix's publicist confirmed he was making the career switch. In January he performed at a Las Vegas nightclub and the next month he made a strange appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show." Actor Ben Stiller lampooned that appearance at the Oscars.
Hundreds of people packed the nightclub at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel after the doors opened at 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night.
Several of those in the audience said they came just to see Phoenix, who left them cooling their heels for almost four hours while disc jockeys played house and hip-hop music.
Phoenix came out on stage before 2 a.m., smoking a cigarette and wearing a disheveled dark suit, sneakers and his scraggly long hair and beard.

He began rapping to a beat played by the DJ and nodding to the music, although most of the lyrics were unintelligible. Then he responded to someone who appeared to be heckling him in the audience near the stage.
"We have a (double-expletive) in the audience," he said before jumping into the crowd. It was not immediately clear whether the two men exchanged any blows.
"I saw the guy screaming at Joaquin, and Joaquin just came down," said Jorge Lledo, 30, of Miami Beach.

Security guards swarmed the scene and dragged Phoenix away.
The bizarre spectacle struck many in the audience as the latest prank in an extended farce staged by Phoenix. Affleck, an Oscar-nominated actor who is also Phoenix's brother-in-law, is making a documentary about Phoenix's career shift.
"(Affleck's) camera was filming the whole time, so it makes me think he has ulterior motives," said Luis Gendron, 23, of Miami.
"He knows the game he's playing, and he's good at it," Gendron said of Phoenix.

http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/joaquin-phoenix-gets-in-fans-face/379726?icid=200100397x1219318146x1201327807
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Here is a great news story. This is one of those "It could only happen here" stories except this "only here" could only be near the jungles of Asia. LOL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29685956/?GT1=43001
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

I saw this headline when logging in to check my e-mail and laughed, so very true, yet so odd..
A new Study says Lil' Wayne fans might be dumb
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Have they done a similar study on Kid Rock fans?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 pm

I think the same thing could be wondered about American Idol fans as well.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:21 pm

They would do a study to find that all of those fans are dumb but I doubt most of them have the attention span to complete a "Study." And that is just counting the half that can read AND understand written words...

Cool
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Actual Prisoner Appears In Prison Film, Filmmakers Oblivious To Fact

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2009/3/16/prison-film-unknowingly-cast-real-life-murderer.html
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 am

Miramax Is Listening To Your Tweets
14 April 2009 2:47 AM, PDT

In a clear reminder that all that Twitters isn't told to just a small circle of friends, a woman who had been tweeting about trying to download a copy of Adventureland from a BitTorrent site found a message from the movie's distributor, Miramax: "Cmon Amanda, don't do it. #adventureland # fbi." The message took the form of a thumb-typing instant-message writer, lacking case and punctuation, and appeared to be a warning that the FBI might take action against Amanda if she actually found a copy of Adventureland to download. She did not. She did, however, respond to the Miramax tweet. "Okay I won't, Just For You." This time Miramax responded by offering her a free ticket to see the movie. "I was pretty surprised about it," Amanda told the TorrentFreak website. "I couldn't find a working Adventureland torrent anyway."
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 am

What's the point of giving her a free ticket? Miramax doesn't make money either way.

Very creepy though.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:24 am

It's good press. Public Relations. That's why. The fact that we know about this is no accident.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:27 am

Somehow, Crash (2005) has been the Top Rented on Netflix for 4 years!

“The Dark Knight” couldn’t dethrone it. Neither could Harry Potter, Indiana Jones or even Iron Man. No, “Crash” has remained Netflix’s No. 1 rented movie since its DVD debut in September 2005 —much to the delight and confusion of its director, Paul Haggis. “I just assumed it was some sort of anomaly,” Haggis told the Tribune recently. “I have no idea why anyone went to the movie in the first place, let alone rent it. It was a little independent film, and when people started to see it, I was amazed.”

LOL, even Paul Haggis think his movie is a piece of shit.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 am

Similar in design to the Wonderbra, the briefs have a special pocket inside that thrusts the....hmmmmm....contents up and out.

Designer Roland Lodoli said they've been flying off the shelves since he launched them at his shop in Zagreb, Croatia.

“Now I’m working on some swimwear for men for the summer so they never have to feel ashamed on the beach again — no matter how cold the water.”

Ok, when can we start taking orders at FloriDUH.....NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 10 Underpants-280_785326a-thumb
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Sheesh. I leave for, like, forever, and you guys forget to update this thread! [Grumble grumble] Kids today... LOL

Maybe it's Hedorah

From The Anchorage (Alaska) Daily News:

Huge blob of Arctic goo floats past Slope communities

IT'S NOT OIL: No one in the area can recall seeing anything like it before.

By DON HUNTER

Something big and strange is floating through the Chukchi Sea between Wainwright and Barrow.

Hunters from Wainwright first started noticing the stuff sometime probably early last week. It's thick and dark and "gooey" and is drifting for miles in the cold Arctic waters, according to Gordon Brower with the North Slope Borough's Planning and Community Services Department.

Brower and other borough officials, joined by the U.S. Coast Guard, flew out to Wainwright to investigate. The agencies found "globs" of the stuff floating miles offshore Friday and collected samples for testing.

Later, Brower said, the North Slope team in a borough helicopter spotted a long strand of the stuff and followed it for about 15 miles, shooting video from the air.

The next day the floating substance arrived offshore from Barrow, about 90 miles east of Wainwright, and borough officials went out in boats, collected more samples and sent them off for testing too.

Nobody knows for sure what the gunk is, but Petty Officer 1st Class Terry Hasenauer says the Coast Guard is sure what it is not.

"It's certainly biological," Hasenauer said. "It's definitely not an oil product of any kind. It has no characteristics of an oil, or a hazardous substance, for that matter.

"It's definitely, by the smell and the makeup of it, it's some sort of naturally occurring organic or otherwise marine organism."

Something else: No one in Barrow or Wainwright can remember seeing anything like this before, Brower said.

"That's one of the reasons we went out, because in recent history I don't think we've seen anything like this," he said. "Maybe inside lakes or in stagnant water or something, but not (in the ocean) that we could recall ...

"If it was something we'd seen before, we'd be able to say something about it. But we haven't ...which prompted concerns from the local hunters and whaling captains."

The stuff is "gooey" and looks dark against the bright white ice floating in the Arctic Ocean, Brower said.

"It's pitch black when it hits ice and it kind of discolors the ice and hangs off of it," Brower said. He saw some jellyfish tangled up in the stuff, and someone turned in what was left of a dead goose -- just bones and feathers -- to the borough's wildlife department.

"It kind of has an odor; I can't describe it," he said.

Hasenauer said he hasn't heard any reports of waterfowl or marine animals turning up.

Brower said it wouldn't necessarily surprise him if the substance turns out to be some sort of naturally occurring phenomenon, but the borough is waiting until it gets the analysis back from the samples before officials say anything more than they're not sure what it is.

"From the air it looks brownish with some sheen, but when you get close and put it up on the ice and in the bucket, it's kind of blackish stuff ... (and) has hairy strands on it."

Hasenauer said the Coast Guard's samples are being analyzed in Anchorage. Results may be back sometime next week, he said.

The two Coast Guard experts sent up to overfly the area with the borough said they saw nothing that resembled an oil slick, Hasenauer said.

"We brought back one sample of what they believe to be an algae," he said, and a big algae bloom is one possibility.

"It's textbook for us to consider algae because of all the false reports of oil spills we've had in the past. It's one of the things that typically comes up" when a report turns out not to be an oil spill after all.

But, he said, "there's all types of natural phenomena that it could be."

Meanwhile, the brownish-blackish gunk is drifting along the coast to the northeast, Brower said.

"This stuff is moving with the current," he said. "It's now on beyond Barrow and probably going north at this point. And people are still encountering it out here off Barrow."

For the most part, the mystery substance seems to have stayed away from shore.

"We did get some residents saying it was being pushed against the shoreline by ice in some areas," Brower said, "but then we get another east wind and it gets pushed back out there."

Nico again... So, let's review. It's big, hairy, awful and it's floating away from Alaska (and, presumably, the rest of the United States).

Sounds like Sarah Palin's political career to me.

Or maybe the critter from one of the Creepshow movies.

Thanks, y'all, for the birthday wishes. Um... My real birthday is July 27, however. (It's the thought that counts.)
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Hey now, aren't you supposed to be a Republican or something?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Sounds like The Blob only it's real.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:28 am

becs,

Of COURSE I'm a Republican. But, Hell, I can still take (and give) a joke, can't I?
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:27 am

The whole time I was reading that I was thing of the Raft from Creepshow 2 dude. Hahahah
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 am

I don't know if this is weird, but it's def pretty amazing.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/27/mom-installs-98-inch-screen-in-sons-bedroom-ceiling-deservedly/
Some mom installed a 98-inch HD screen right above her son's bed. Needless to say, he can say goodbye to his sperm count.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am

I would love to see that fall from the ceiling and topple the kid.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Ok.. Have a look at this people:

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 10 Crash1

Look at the top picture and you can see where this guy broke through
the crash barrier (right side where the people are standing on the road).

His truck left the road, traveling from right to left. He flipped
end-over-end, across the culvert outlet and landed on the left side of it.

Now look at the picture below.

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 10 Crash2

Luckiest person ever? That dude needs to head to the Casino ASAP!
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Bad hypnotist get sued. You can write off that career as a super villain.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32314866/ns/world_news-weird_news/?gt1=43001

Last edited by Donte77 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 am

Crypt above Marilyn Monroe sells for $4.6 million
Aug. 24, 2009, 6:09 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The price for spending eternity above Marilyn Monroe is more than $4.6 million.

That's how much the crypt directly above the actress went for in an online auction that ended Monday.

The eBay.com listing says the space at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery above Monroe is being vacated, making room for someone else. The listing also offers the detail that the current occupant is "looking face down on" Monroe, who was laid to rest at the cemetery in 1962.

Bidding for the auction started at $500,000 on Aug 14. The final bid was $4,602,100.

The Los Angeles Times reported earlier this month that the seller was Elsie Poncher, who was putting her late husband's crypt up for auction to help pay off the $1.6 million mortgage on her Beverly Hills home.

Poncher told the newspaper that her husband, Richard Poncher, bought the crypt from Monroe's former husband, Joe DiMaggio, during his 1954 divorce from Monroe. Her husband died 23 years ago at 81.

Jolene Mason, the cemetery's general manager, told the newspaper there is one empty crypt left in the mausoleum where Monroe is buried, available for $250,000 and located two spots above the actress and to the left.

A message left for Poncher was not returned Monday.

But she earlier said that, when she sells the crypt, she'll put her husband's remains in the one reserved for her, and when her time comes, she'll be cremated.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=427991&affid=100055
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 pm

Wow people are fucking retarded.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:38 am

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next