The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

+25
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
geezer9687
RonBurgundy
becs
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Synestro
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
W
lillylovelost
JackO
Buscemi
MisterInformative
transformers2
leestu
NSpan
29 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 32 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 am

What is with The Fox and the Hound being so low on the list?!?! I love that movie! Plus it has a Corey in it...

I really don't think I have seen any Disney movie in the last couple of years. I own Peter Pan and I think my wife brought a few of them into the collection. Maybe I should watch some of the older ones again.

Remember you are talking to the little boy who two favorite movies at 10 years old were Aliens and Stand By Me. I was never a Disney kid. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 32 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by Buscemi Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 am

My favorite movies when I was five were Speed, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask and Stay Tuned.

I also saw Watership Down when I was five. That movie did not scare or traumatize me. In fact, I still figured that it was perfect family entertainment until someone a while back told me otherwise.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:57 am

Some of the scenes in Watership Down are horrific, but I still count it as one of the best movies I saw as a child. It is an animated piece of perfection and deserves every accolade it has received. And it hurts me to think that today's generation may never see it because of the society we live in now.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 am

Donte77 wrote:What is with The Fox and the Hound being so low on the list?!?! I love that movie! Plus it has a Corey in it...

I don't even remember it really. It just never clicked with me. I don't see what anyone would really consider all that special about it. That said, not remembering it is better than remembering it being bad, like Tarzan and Aristocats.

And its really no wonder you are so fucked up Buscemi. It all makes sense now.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 am

I was at Godfather's Pizza and they had one of the TV's on Nickelodeon. First, they showed SpongeBob and I found out that Johnny Depp is doing a future episode (as a human, no less). After that, they showed iCarly. The show is fucked up but Miranda Cosgrove is hot. In a young jailbait kind of way. She trounces Miley Cyrus in terms of looks.

Meanwhile, the other TV was on ESPN and I saw that the Onion is now doing sports. This is a ripoff of another site from the early part of the decade called Sports Pickle. I'm guessing that the Onion must have paid the Sports Pickle people a handsome sum to keep a potential rift from happening.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 pm

I just saw what is possibly now one of the top 5 all time weirdest movies i have ever seen. It's a Spanish (or, since i support Barca i should say Catalan) film called La teta i la lluna (The tit and the Moon). I'm not going to ruin the plot, but i seriously suggest you guys give it a try, while it is disturbing and weird (and by weird i mean Donte weird not normal weird) it is still full of heart and a pretty good dark comedy.

6.5/10.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111403/
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:Some of the scenes in Watership Down are horrific, but I still count it as one of the best movies I saw as a child. It is an animated piece of perfection and deserves every accolade it has received. And it hurts me to think that today's generation may never see it because of the society we live in now.
which sheep-herding society are you living in? Watership Down is readily available over here..

out of the movies listed, i'll tentatively rank a few.. might have to revisit this list:

The Fox And The Hound
Robin Hood
The Sword In The Stone
Bambi
The Black Cauldron
Sleeping Beauty
Lady And The Tramp
Snow White And The Seven Dwarves
Alice In Wonderland
Dumbo
One Hundred And One Dalmatians
Cinderella
Aladdin
The Little Mermaid
Pinocchio
Peter Pan

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1906578
<---DISNEY PPLZ, CILK ME
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

which sheep-herding society are you living in?

That'd be New Zealand.

I'm not saying its impossible to get hold of movies like Watership Down, just that society today is so protective that I would not surprise me to know that some would prevent their children from seeing such movies. People are scared of offending children nowadays that anything deemed a little provocative is hushed away while the likes of High School Musical and Hannah Montana are plastered all over our televisions and brain wash children.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 pm

In regards to the two topics that have been in discussion here, I have to say that I'm absolutely flabbergasted that on not one of these "Favorite Disney flicks" lists has any one mentioned Fantasia, what I still consider to be one of the finest Disney films ever made.

As to movies seen as a little child, the first two movies I can remember seeing in the theater were Willy Wonka and a Bond double feature of Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice (Had a really cool dad). There may have been ones before that, but those are the first memories I have of seeing a movie in the theater. Remember, when I was a kid, there was no DVD, Blue Ray or even VHS, Beta or Laser Disc. The only way you saw a movie was in the theater. Another thing that was nice back then was that parents didn't take children to inappropriate movies. It was actually cheaper (And probably safer back then) to get a baby sitter. Nowadays, it seems like it's cheaper and safer to just take the infant and buy it a movie ticket rather than get a sitter.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:44 pm

I didn't put Fantasia on my list because frankly, I don't think it belongs on the list.

Man, you're old huh? That must have sucked. I can't even imagine the only way to watch movies being in the theater.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Geez,

Fantasia is not only one of the best Disney movies ever made, but I'd put it in my top 250 movies of all time especially when you take into consideration when it was made. It was the Citizen Kane of animation.

As for old, that would be a yep. I've got concert t-shirts older than most of the folks on the list. I'm sure there is going to come a time 25 years from now, when some 21 year old will be saying to you, that he can't believe you used to watch movies on DVD or Blue Ray because there will be some technology then that will make what we do now look like what I was doing back in the day. Who knows, maybe virtual reality technology will have advanced so far that we'll be able to put on a helmet and goggles and actually experience being in the movie.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Well, we're not that far off. The way we are headed, every movie will be in 3D someday. More and more keep coming out and they aren't going away anytime soon.

I don't like Fantasia because its not even really a movie. Its like a series of animated classical music videos. I just didn't get it.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:12 am

I, ashamed to say, forgot about Fantasia. I have it in my collection, but it slipped my mind. It would probably fall somewhere in the top ten.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 am

Old Disney Movies are great i would say The Lion King and Aladdin are my faves. Also was never really a big fan of The Fox and The Hound it was pretty good but i was never in love with it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 am

funny that a movie from 1994 is considered "old" Disney.

and, good catch, Keyser.. Fantasia should've been on my list (even if it were just for the Night on Bald Mountain sequence).. I simply took the lists Surfer and Geezer had posted and rearranged them.. So i blame those guys
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 am

Quick to shift the blame, eh NSpan. Typical.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:01 am

Quick to call me out for acting typical, eh Surfer. Typical.
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:57 am

Just watched a few new movies today and last night.

Good Luck Chuck- Not nearly as terrible as I expected, or hoped, it would be. It was your typical romantic comedy pretty much, but Dane Cook's toned down performance is actually damn good (as far as he's concerned) and Jessica Alba is adorable as his accident-prone crush...It plays around with a lot of genre conventions and is actually very entertaining over-all. 7/10

The Spirit- God. No wonder this movie bombed. Every single actor was absolutely horrific in every terrible one-note character they played, the dialogue was some of the worst I've ever heard in my life, and the visuals were cool, but nowhere near as cool as they could've been given the pedigree. And the story was just down-right stupid. Maybe if I knew more about the comic, I'd like it more, but i highly doubt it. 3/10

Body of Lies- "How do you expect me to run an operation when you're running a side operation?" It was good, but not great. Leo and Russell were good, but they seemed to be phoning it in. Mark Strong however, was fantastic! The action was pretty good, but the story got a tad confusing, although I loved that it wasn't what I was expecting, which is something i've come to expect from ridley scott movies. 6/10
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 am

Also to weigh in on the Disney convo, as a kid my favorite one was Beauty and the Beast, but for obvious reasons I would never admit it and always said it was either The Lion King or Aladdin. And Fantasia is one of the very first movies i ever watched as a kid that I can remember and still to this day gives me nightmares every now and then!

My top 10 Animated Disneys

10. The Little Mermaid
9. Peter Pan
8. Bambi
7. Fantasia
6. The Sword in the Stone
5. The Fox and the Hound
4. Lady and the Tramp
3. Pinocchio
2. 101 Dalmations
1. Beauty and the Beast

They're all just so good! I can't think of any off the top of my head that I've seen and didn't like. And I could probably watch any one of the ones on my list right now and still love every second of them...The kids these days sure are missing out.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:54 am

BarcaRulz wrote: (and by weird i mean Donte weird not normal weird) /

Awwwwww!!!!! He loves me... Hhahhahahahah
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:57 am

IPKI$$ wrote:The kids these days sure are missing out.

What are you talking about? They get Hannah Montana, The Jonas assholes, and High School Musical. Rolling Eyes

Every time my sisters watch that crap I die a little inside.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:38 am

whatever, Sky High rocked
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 am

NSpan wrote:whatever, Sky High rocked

I'm still mad that they canned Sky High 2 and Sky High: The Series. They were sitting on a goldmine there.

And I'm still waiting for The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe to be made.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:24 am

I'm starting to really like AMC. First "Breaking Bad," then movies that I always wanted to see and were never on seem to come one there (they didn't used to... could be perception).

Anyways, Million Dollar Baby 8/10: Very good film. I would say in the vein of Gran Torino, but I guess Gran Torino is in the vein of it. Wasn't happy with this particular ending for this particular movie, but it worked out well and I can see why people liked it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 am

Previously, AMC was the precursor to Turner Classic Movies in style and programming. But after Turner Classic Movies got all of the rights to the older movies, AMC had to switch to newer films. Reaction to their current programming is mixed at best especially since they don't air them uncut like they used to.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next