The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

+25
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
geezer9687
RonBurgundy
becs
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Synestro
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
W
lillylovelost
JackO
Buscemi
MisterInformative
transformers2
leestu
NSpan
29 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 40 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:I want to see M one of these days

What's Do the Right Thing?

A great movie. Directed by Spike Lee, probably his best next to Malcolm X. Depicts racial tensions erupting in New York City on the hottest day of the summer.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 40 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by packpaljs Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 pm

My favorite Spike Lee movie is The 25th Hour.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 06, 2009 7:15 pm

packpaljs wrote:My favorite Spike Lee movie is The 25th Hour.

Yeah, I've heard great things about it. I've yet to see it, or Get On The Bus for that matter.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed May 06, 2009 8:23 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:

What's Do the Right Thing?

Did you honestly just say, "What's Do the Right Thing?" God, I'm getting old Sad
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed May 06, 2009 8:26 pm

packpaljs wrote:My favorite Spike Lee movie is The 25th Hour.

I'm with you Pack. I loved 25th Hour.(I mean come on, Ed Norton, PSH and Rosario Dawson, Barry Pepper, Brian Cox and getting to see Tony Siragusa get blown away on screen) I put it right up there with Do the Right Thing and Inside Man.

For those that do not care for DTRT, I spent one Summer living in New York City in that kind of heat almost at about the time Lee made that flick, and let me tell you, he was pretty much spot on. That kind of heat in that city does some crazy shit to people.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Wed May 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Your not old until your in your mid to late 40's. Laughing
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed May 06, 2009 8:40 pm

What part of that decade does "mid to late" start in?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 06, 2009 9:04 pm

The Wrestler. Pretty good film, I just had trouble believing that his character was broke. I know that most pro wrestlers from that time had a good run, then went broke, but he was supposed to be THE GUY. He would be more of a Hogan than a Jake the Snake... They set him out as having the greatest match in the history of the quasi-sport and he's broke. I just don't buy it. I like that Ernest "The Cat" Miller was the Ayatolla except that he's a black guy playing the Ayatolla... Other than that, great film, great performance.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu May 07, 2009 2:17 am

geezer9687 wrote:Tranny you must have missed that argument over on the other site, but it was epic. I'll let NSpan do the argument if he wants, I just don't have the energy in me right now to bash that film as hard as it deserves...

Oh wait, it was because I am a racist... at least that was what the supporters said.

I vaguely remember but since i hadnt seen the film i didnt contribute. How many people were involved in said arguement?
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 am

purple
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu May 07, 2009 2:27 am

W wrote:The Wrestler. Pretty good film, I just had trouble believing that his character was broke. I know that most pro wrestlers from that time had a good run, then went broke, but he was supposed to be THE GUY. He would be more of a Hogan than a Jake the Snake... They set him out as having the greatest match in the history of the quasi-sport and he's broke. I just don't buy it. I like that Ernest "The Cat" Miller was the Ayatolla except that he's a black guy playing the Ayatolla... Other than that, great film, great performance.

Michael Jackson was the king of pop in the 80s and he's broke. John Entwhistle (The Who) was so short of cash that The Who reformed for a tour just to help him out. He died owing the British taxman a 7 figure sum and his family had to auction off many of his belongings where all proceeds went to the British government which upset the Entwistle family having to break up his collection of guitars and belongings.

Just by being a massive star doesn't mean you don't make bad financial decisions.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu May 07, 2009 2:37 am

Michael Jackson doesn't live in a trailer, does he? Any of those guys live in a trailer? And there was no mention of losing a fortune in the film I believe...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu May 07, 2009 2:39 am

No, but I doubt a wrestler would ever earn as much money as Michael Jackson. All I'm saying is, no matter what your earnings, if you don't know how to look after it you're gonna be in trouble, financially. He obviously blew all his money on booze, drugs and strippers over the years and that has left him living in a trailer.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu May 07, 2009 2:43 am

It's ok. I just don't find that aspect believable. If he were supposed to be a second tier guy, then I'd believe it. But I don't. And I don't believe that so few people would recognize him. Its an opinion...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Thu May 07, 2009 9:39 am

I just watched a movie that everyone needs to check out:

Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer 7/10

It was great for what it was, it's not breaking the grounds of cinema but it's a great monster movie which we don't get much of anymore, and it's hilarious!!! It's on Netflix's instant viewing right now.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu May 07, 2009 11:54 am

W wrote:It's ok. I just don't find that aspect believable. If he were supposed to be a second tier guy, then I'd believe it. But I don't. And I don't believe that so few people would recognize him. Its an opinion...

I see your point, but remember that when an entertainer, such as a wrestler, goes back to minor leagues like that, they have to start paying for their own touring, including hotels, meals, driving, etc. And drugs, both steroids and "fun" drugs, take quite a financial toll. After twenty years of being on the outs, I thought it was pretty believable, albeit the worst possible situation that could take place.

-------

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=543
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed May 20, 2009 12:19 am

ok.. this has an automatic lock for when a topic is close to reaching 1000 posts.. so i've unlocked it to say that so you know whats going on. Also, someone should make a PART 2 to this.

Finally, i saw a film called Dear Frankie today. Stars Emily Mortimer (who i love) and Gerrard Butler (who was excellent in it). Fantastic film, pretty much everything was perfect bar some little nit-picks i had. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good drama. 9/10.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40