The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

+5
JackO
Buscemi
transformers2
geezer9687
W
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by W Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am

The Lakers weren't ready because they thought no Yao = easy win, so they weren't prepared mentally or physically. When you get behind in the beginning, its hard to get back in a groove. They'll be fine. BTW, everyone talks about Yao being out, but McGrady's been out too. I wonder why they seem to be a worse team with those guys out? Maybe they should try to dump McGrady over the off-season?

And I think that Cleveland WILL lose at least one game before the finals. The chances are that a team with Dwight Howard or Allen + Pierce should be able to win one out of four games, thus one out of five.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Biiiiiiig Baby from last night. Hit two monster shots down the stretch. The last player on the team I'd expect to be the hero, but he came through. Loved it!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 pm

They should really look at that ref that "no called" in the Mavs game as well as whatever other game that was. Stu Jackson was on Mike & Mike before the Mavs game and said (and I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember exact words) "The referees are instructed to call the game the same whether its the first quarter or the end of the game. If they see a foul, they should call it. That's the only way we can maintain the integrity of our game."
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue May 12, 2009 9:17 am

Yeah, but the refs are only human too. They have to be allowed to make mistakes, you can't expect them to be robots. But that was a pretty bad no-call, it would be a bit much for them to try to play that moment over again. It wouldn't work, so we just have to hope that the refs learn from this.

Then again, they're probably under instructions to make sure the Nuggets face the Lakers. I'm telling you guys, David Stern is the Big Brother of the NBA.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 am

Yep. David Stern wants Kenyon Martin, Carmelo, and Chris Anderson to be the face of the NBA for a while. They need more thugs, gangsters, and law breakers to be noticed because their reputation was so great when Ron-Ron and Sheed were doing their thing (along with many others). Just kidding if you know what I'm saying.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 am

Its not exactly like Kobe has had the best track record either though W...

Its all about King James.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 pm

W wrote:Yep. David Stern wants Kenyon Martin, Carmelo, and Chris Anderson to be the face of the NBA for a while. They need more thugs, gangsters, and law breakers to be noticed because their reputation was so great when Ron-Ron and Sheed were doing their thing (along with many others). Just kidding if you know what I'm saying.

I think Chauncey and/or Carmelo is more the face of the Nuggets than anything.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Kobe's image has recovered.

Billups has been there a half a season. And Carmelo has had more than his share of probems...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue May 12, 2009 11:51 pm

W wrote:Kobe's image has recovered.

Billups has been there a half a season. And Carmelo has had more than his share of probems...

Yeah but Billups is the only reason that they're this far into the playoffs. They needed a leader and they got one in a steal of a trade.

And I don't think the rape case did that much damage to Kobe's image, because I don't think he's ever had much of a positive image. He's a quiet person and his public clashes with Shaq have made him seem like a dick his whole career. It seems like way more people hate him for no particular reason than like him. Which is why LeBron is considered the King right now instead of Kobe, especially since it's still up in the air on who's better.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 am

LeBron got the nickname "King" because he was a man-child that dominated most every game he played. He was heralded as the second coming of MJ with a Magic Johnson twist. He was supposed to do anything on a basketball court. That's why he named "King".

Kobe has chilled in recent years and became more of a team player. His image has never been better. Best player in the NBA right now, though he'll soon be taken over by LeBron (maybe he already has).

And Carmelo is the face of the franchise if there is one.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 am

Well, I think LeBron can do anything he wants on the court. Which I don't think Kobe can.

And LeBron is waaay more media-friendly.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri May 15, 2009 12:50 am

I think Kobe is the best player in the league. He is just an animal on the court and i think Lebron is the only who can put on the same kind of magic when he is on the court. If the Lakers/Cavs series happens that will be a memorable final.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 am

Lakers and Nuggets.
Cavs and Magic.

Who you guys think will move on?

I'm guessing Lakers and Cavs (of course). But I know the Lakers will have their hands full, it'll probably go 7 games. Cavs in 5, maybe even 4.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 am

I'll say the Nuggets and Cavs. Neither series will go past six games.

However, the Cavs' long layoff could cause some problems.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 20, 2009 6:29 am

I don't think the Cavs will be affected. They will sweep.

I think the West will go 7, and I will say that the Lakers pull it off. Only because I have been saying that all along and don't want to be a bandwagon jumper.

However, Go Nuggets!!! I hope they kick some Laker ass.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 20, 2009 6:31 am

Yelp, Lakers/Cavs.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Wed May 20, 2009 6:38 am

well after that first quarter idk. i wonder how high the ratings would be if it does end up kobe/james especially if it goes 7 games.

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed May 20, 2009 7:55 am

Very good game between Lakers and Nuggets. 1 Point game and the 3rds almost over.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Lakers eke it out thanks to Ariza's steal, can't wait for tonight's game.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 am

im going with The Nuggets and Cavs in the finals.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Thu May 21, 2009 8:26 am

damn that game sucked. off to see terminator!

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu May 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Orlando is ahead 1-0.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Fri May 22, 2009 9:48 am

Another epic game between the Nuggets and Lakers. Nuggets win by 2. I think it's going 7.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 23, 2009 2:58 am

agreed JackO hell of a series going on right now between The Lakers and the Nuggets. Most fun ive had watching basketball in a long time.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat May 23, 2009 8:42 am

What an amazing game!!! Holy shit I am just in awe after that shot! That was a Jordan moment. Lebron is the best in the game. No question. Clutch. Ice Water! Oh my god that was insane. This is going to be a hell of a series.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next