The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

+5
JackO
Buscemi
transformers2
geezer9687
W
9 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by Buscemi Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 am

Can't believe that the Spurs didn't win a round in this odd-numbered year. In every other, they usually win the championship!
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by W Mon May 04, 2009 7:18 am

They didn't win in 2001. That was a Lakers 3-peat year. They actually have made the playoffs and not lost in the first round since Tim Duncan joined the team. Ten years straight... We're tied if the Celtics win. I'm up 2 if they lose! Smile That's only if you make everything a game... I kinda do.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 05, 2009 12:46 am

W wrote:It won't change the final outcome...

True I would be surprised if they took out the Magic.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm

And the Mighty Lakers go down!!! Watch out for those Rockets! The Cavs are so winning the title.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 05, 2009 8:32 pm

I'd like to see Houston win, I just don't see them taking the series. This news makes me happy, though.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 06, 2009 12:09 am

I think the Lakers were rusty and weren't taking the Rockets seriously, they'll bounce back for Game 2.

Meanwhile, I'm ecstatic that Boston lost.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed May 06, 2009 1:38 am

I am so happy the Lakers lost. I am hoping the Rockets pull off some kind of miracle and take them out.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed May 06, 2009 4:08 am

I hope for a Nuggets v Rockets Conference final. That would be fun.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 06, 2009 6:55 pm

JackO wrote:I hope for a Nuggets v Rockets Conference final. That would be fun.

As much as I am a devoted Lakers fan, that would be a great series to watch. Also, a Nuggets vs. Cavs Finals would be great. Too bad it won't happen...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 06, 2009 7:10 pm

That Nuggets Cavs final is looking more and more likely actually. they are looking like by far the two dominant teams of the playoffs. I think the Nuggets might actually surprise and come out of the west. I would love it.

And the Cavs are about to sweep another series.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu May 07, 2009 2:24 am

Im with you geez a Cavs/Nuggets final would be EPIC.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu May 07, 2009 2:33 am

Cavs/Lakers is inevitable and epic... You're telling me that Nuggets/Cavs would be remembered like a Lakers/Cavs finals?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu May 07, 2009 8:35 am

Well, it depends. Right now the Nuggets are playing better basketball. I think what would make the series memorable would be the best competition, and I don't think the Lakers could push it to 7 games against the Cavs.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu May 07, 2009 11:50 pm

I too think the Cavs/Lakers Finals will happen, David Stern will make sure of it. But I couldn't be mad at the Nuggets in the WCF or somehow, even the Finals. They're easily the most exciting team to watch right now.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri May 08, 2009 12:11 am

geezer9687 wrote:Well, it depends. Right now the Nuggets are playing better basketball. I think what would make the series memorable would be the best competition, and I don't think the Lakers could push it to 7 games against the Cavs.

Kobe v. Lebron would make the biggest splash. Basketball is more of an individual sport when it comes to promotion.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri May 08, 2009 1:33 am

Carmelo vs. Lebron would be nice considering the circumstances
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri May 08, 2009 4:55 am

geezer9687 wrote:Carmelo vs. Lebron would be nice considering the circumstances

Maybe 3, 4, 5 years ago, but now... They'd play it like they did Lakers/Celtics last year, but bigger...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 am

our team, the Spurs, are out.. which makes the whole thing a bit less interesting to me.. still rootin' for Texas teams--but things are looking damn grim for Dallas.. we'll watch Houston tomorrow after the Magic/Celtics game..

ps. the lakers are fucking thugs--that team should be disbanded and quarantined
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 am

Derek Fisher seems more suited for the Kumite.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 09, 2009 5:32 am

lol Buscemi that amused throughly.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon May 11, 2009 3:37 am

Lakers thought they could roll over the Rockets since Yao Ming is out now. Thus, they were down 30 at halftime and lost by 14 I believe.

After that, I can't I'd be mad if the Rockets took the series. Whoever does, they're gonna have a handful with the Nuggets.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 11, 2009 5:01 am

They sure will. And how do the Lakers lose to a Yao-less Rockets team. You can't let that happen.

That said, I don't know if an Eastern conference team can even take a single game off the Cavs right now. They are playing inspired basketball.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Mon May 11, 2009 7:49 am

they lose to them cause the rockets are much more effective agaist the lakers with a smaller line up. if u look at the stats they have out scored the lakers by a good margin in almost every game when yao was on the bench from foul trouble.

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 am

Remember last year? The Rockets won 20 in a row without Yao. Then Yao comes back and boom, the Rockets are one and done.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 am

thswrestler160 wrote:they lose to them cause the rockets are much more effective agaist the lakers with a smaller line up. if u look at the stats they have out scored the lakers by a good margin in almost every game when yao was on the bench from foul trouble.

Yup, Yao is the anchor for the team. Just like with any good center in the league, you lose them, and the team automatically becomes a run-n-gun team. But I still don't think the Rockets have a deep enough team to be effective in that style. They've got Artest and maybe Aaron Brooks, that's it for scoring.

And yeah, geez, the Cavs are easily the ones to beat this year. I don't think it matters whether they face the Magic or the Celts, they'll easily beat them and go to the Finals.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next