The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

+5
JackO
Buscemi
transformers2
geezer9687
W
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:01 pm

geezer9687 wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Does anyone truly believe the Cavs can beat the Lakers in a series? Kobe is thirsty for a title without Shaq, it would cement his legendary status. LeBron will probably get MVP this year, he doesn't want it as bad. He knows he has time on his side, Kobe isn't getting any better or younger - he needs his own title now.

Not only do I think the Cavs have a chance to beat the Lakers, the Cavs WILL beat the lakers. Lebron is the best player on the planet and I think he wants it a lot more than Kobe. He wants to cement his legacy with Cleveland and give them something before he bolts in 2010. He is constantly playing for the biggest contract the NBA will ever see. And the team is very complete, they have home court advantage and they are 39-1 (the last game didn't count) at home this season. They will be the NBA champs.

Well, I don't even think that LeBron will leave Cleveland. He's a big fish in a little pond, he's got everything there. Plus, the Brooklyn Nets won't be ready until at least 2011-2012 and I don't think there's anywhere else that can afford him that he'd really improve his chances of a title. Knicks? He'll be in the 1 star, 11 bums situation Dwade is in.

I cannot wait though because it's basically locked for a Kobe/LeBron match-up in the Finals. It'll be the first Finals that I'll actually watch since the Lakers 3peat-ed. I just hope Miami makes it to the ECF, just to give the Cavs a little trouble.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:08 pm

When LeBron leaves, the Knicks will get him and they'll build a team around him. He won't go to the Nets because LeBron wants to be King. The number one city. The number one team. It makes perfect sense.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 pm

He could go to any one of 15 or so teams. There will be plenty of bargains in the FA market this year because many teams will be clearing cap space. There's the option of a sign and trade with most teams in the league. If he wanted to, he could sign and trade to LA for Odom +, though that's not going to happen.

I see him staying in Cleveland whether he wins a championship or not. If I were him, I'd head down to Orlando via sign and trade for Rashard Lewis and fillers. Plenty of good role players, the beach, Disney World, and... Oh yeay, the best big man for the next decade, Dwight Howard. We all know what happened the last time a great small forward from the mid-west signed with Orlando, though.

Other than that, the Bulls would be a good fit. Tons of role players, no lead guy. Playing in Miami with D-Wade wouldn't be a bad thing. Neither would playing with Granger. He literally COULD go anywhere, though I'm on the record that he stays.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Face it, the guy loves New York and is dead set on leaving to go there. Remember when he pissed off the Indians fans at the 2007 ALDS by wearing a Yankees cap? And later when he showed up in public wearing a New York Giants shirt? Those are sure signs that he wants to play at MSG, being watched by Spike Lee and various people paying hundreds of dollars to watch him. He can't get that in Cleveland.

Meanwhile: if he goes to New York, could we see a new series of Spike Lee directed ads for Nike? But instead of Jordan, we get LeBron. Instead of Spike and Mike, it could be LeBron and Blackmon (after Mars Blackmon, his character from She's Gotta Have It and the Spike and Mike ads).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Remember when he got that Wes Unseld jersey illegally? Does that mean he wants to be a Bullet?

The New York metro is a likely second whether it be NY or NJ, but I still think that if nothing pisses him of in Cleveland, he'll stay. The only thing I see in New York is that they'll have to clear a crapload of cap space in order to get him. There's nothing on that team that would make me take on all of the bad contracts you'd have to get with a sign and trade.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:04 pm

First two games, many "upsets". The only REAL upset was Philadelphia over Orlando. You could say that Boston losing was an upset, but this Bulls team is filled with a lot of young guns that can turn it up a notch every once in a while. After seeing that, any way that Rose DOESN'T get the ROY award. He's in for a special career like what Chris Paul has done so far.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:54 am

One more game to go and the Lakers take the next step towards the Finals. Jazz gave us a little scare, but it's looks like it'll be over 4-1.

I'm really pulling for Dallas to upset San Antonio, they only need two more wins.

And looks like LeBron and Co. will sweep the Pistons! Which is great, since I fucking hate the Pistons.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:15 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
I'm really pulling for Dallas to upset San Antonio, they only need two more wins.

I'm really pulling for the Mavs to win too considering they're my team... And they won their third game of the series today, so they only need ONE MORE.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

The Detroit Pistons have....

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 2 Gone%20fishin
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 am

You mean....

NBA Playoffs Discussion/Pick'em Thread - Page 2 1800279802p
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 am

Another one bites the dust....

Utah Jazz go home, just the first of many teams to eventually lay in the Lakers' path of destruction.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Another one bites the dust....

Utah Jazz go home, just the first of many teams to eventually lay in the Lakers' path of destruction.

But Cleveland has the only sweep of the first round.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:37 pm

And the Nuggets just won by 58 points
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:09 am

But then again, I would say the Jazz are definitely better than the Pistons and probably just a notch above the Rockets.

But yeah. I can't believe the Nuggets could do that.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:48 am

The Nuggets are deadly right now. If any team in the west can take out the Lakers its the Nuggets. Also gotta say that the Magic/76ers and Heat/Hawks series are panning to be fantastic and really could go either way. Also praying that the Spurs get their ass kicked tonight so the Mavericks can advance.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Hornets are going home. This Nuggets-Mavs series looks like it's gonna be a doozy, will probably go 7 games.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm a Mavs fan, but I think they'll go down in 6. I hope not. It hasn't been great since they lost the championship to the Heat. Then they had to go and trade Devin...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat May 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Pretty excited Dallas advanced. Dont think they can take the Nuggets but it should be a good series.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat May 02, 2009 9:20 pm

transformers2 wrote:Pretty excited Dallas advanced. Dont think they can take the Nuggets but it should be a good series.

I will hope so, but Chauncy has that team playing at the top of their game right now, so I don't think the outcome will be favorable...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Dammit, Chicago couldn't come through and now Boston is the 2nd round. I'm pretty sure nobody wants that....
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun May 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure I did Very Happy
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun May 03, 2009 7:50 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure I did Very Happy

me to Very Happy
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon May 04, 2009 4:58 am

It won't change the final outcome...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 04, 2009 6:50 am

Not at all, unless KG has a miraculous comeback, its not happening.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon May 04, 2009 7:08 am

W 7/8
Buscemi 6/8

Smile
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum