The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Anticipated Films May-Aug

+14
undeadmonkey
J.I.
BanksIsDaFuture
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
JackO
A_Roode
mfrendo
IPKI$$
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
NSpan
BarcaRulz
transformers2
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Most Anticipated Films May-Aug Empty Most Anticipated Films May-Aug

Post by transformers2 Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 am

Summer's coming so i figured let me my post my top 10 films im most excited about for May-Aug 09

1.Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen- My excitement level is so high for this that is pretty much impossible to put into words.
2.Terminator Salvation-Hope Christian Bale can come through again and i hope McG didnt wreck the Teriminator franchise
3.Inglorious Bastards-QT+ Killing Nazis+Brad Pitt=Bad-ass
4.Wolverine-I know it leaked already but i will still see it in theaters because Wolverine is the most bad-ass member of the X-men plus Gambit is in it.
5.Funny People-Judd Apatow can never do any wrong plus it looks hillarious
6.The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3-Looks really good Denzel is always great.
7.Public Enemies-Michael Mann,Johnny Depp,Christian Bale, Story of John Dillinger what could go wrong?
8.The Hangover-Looks Hillarious
9.Bruno-Gotta love Sacha Baron Cohen despite Bruno is my least fave of his characters still should be great.
10.Land Of The Lost-I actually thinks it looks pretty funny plus i am a big fan of Ferrell and Danny Mcbride
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Most Anticipated Films May-Aug Empty Re: Most Anticipated Films May-Aug

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:32 am

Believe it or not, right now my most anticipated is Year One. I love every single cast member, plus it has a little bit of an Arrested Development reunion going on, so i'm very happy. The trailers have been awesome, and that helps as well.

Next would be a toss up between Public Enemies and Inglorious bastards. They booth have great casts and excellent trailers.

I'm also REALLY looking forward to The Boat That Rocked because it looks fucking hilarious. 500 Days of Summer also looks really interesting, smart, and funny.

And finally, Up! I'm simply looking forward to that because it's Pixar, and they never miss.

Ofcourse i'm going to watch everything on that list though. Bring on the summer movies.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:15 am

in terms of blockbusters:

i guess Inglourious Basterds is my most anticipated... after that is Public Enemies and T4 (the trailer has sold me on it.. i'm still keeping my expectations low, but now i have some excitement for it).. and i'll probably find myself in the theater for Wolverine, Year One, Transformers 2, Up, maybe even Star Trek, Land of the Lost, others..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:33 am

Most Anticipated

1.Up
2.Inglorious Basterds
3.The Hurt Locker
4.Terminator Salvation
5.Drag Me To Hell
6.Star Trek
7.Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
8.All The Boys Love Mandy Lane
9.Public Enemies
10.Taking Woodstock

Honorable Mentions:
Bruno
Funny People
Adam
Shorts
The Limits Of Control
H2
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:39 am

Haven't decided yet. I'll probably do a special edition of Speare's tips for it in the next couple weeks.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:47 am

1. Inglorious Basterds- I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now, (remember when Adam Sandler was rumored to star?) and I'm so glad that we'll finally be treated to Tarantino's crack at the War genre.
2. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- Love the books. Love the movies. The trailer promises to be much better than the last movie, and I can't wait much longer.
3. Drag Me to Hell- This is going to be FUCKIN' AWESOME
4. Public Enemies- Great cast. Excellent trailer. Michael Mann's got a good enough track record...This should be a terrific gangster movie.
5. Star Trek- I've always been a Star Wars over Star Trek guy, BUT that newest trailer blows me away everytime I see it. It just looks so damn cool!
6. Funny People- The trailer looks great. And Sandler, Rogen, and Apatow rarely disappoint me.
7. The Limits of Control- The trailer is amazing and has me hooked.
8. The Brothers Bloom- Adrien Brody is one of my absolute favorite actors and I've been curious to see what else Rian Johnson has to offer us. Hopefully it's better than Brick.
9. Year One- Looks pretty damn funny.
10. Terminator: Salvation- My excitement has been dying ever since I saw the latest trailer, but I still love the whole idea of getting to finally see the war...And I love Christian Bale, so here's hoping it's more Batman Begins than Shaft.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 am

I haven't seen trailers from alot of these yet, so I can't give a definitive list, but will say I'm looking forward to:

Funny People
Year One (I really didn't think I'd like this, but can't stop laughing at the trailer)
Terminator: Salvation
Star Trek
Bruno

The one I'm not much looking forward to, to be honest, is Inglorious Bastards. What the hell does Tarantino know about war? It's going to end up being just a bunch of witty comedic dialogue and overly gory violence set to the WWII tragedy. Of anybody, he probably knows least about war, and will try to make it fun...and I don't care what all you "entertainment movie" people say, war shouldn't be made to be fun...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:55 am

I've been wanting to see a World War II comedy be done for some time now.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:04 am

Already been done Buscemi. I recommend:

To Be Or Not To Be (this one especially!)
Mister Roberts
All Through The Night
Stalag 17

or for the tv series:

Dad's Army
Allo, Allo!
Hogan's Heroes
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 am

The appeal, for me anyway, for Inglorious Basterds comes from exactly why you mentioned not wanting to see it, Frendo. I love QT, and the reason that I think he is THE director who can pull off a movie like this is because he is a master at breaking traditional movie characterizations. Almost every single character to ever appear in any Tarantino movie is pretty much a complete scumbag, but somehow he manages to make us like them and sometimes actually care about them even though we probably shouldn't. And I'm very intrigued with how he will portray a group of soldiers who set out to kill nazis, simply for the fact that any other director would paint them as heroes because that's what America wants to see (as Valkyrie demonstrated). The fact of the matter is that these guys are still doing evil and terrible things to other human beings no matter who those other human beings are, and I'm not too sure that QT will cast a heroic light on them, because let's face it, he doesn't really care what most of America thinks of his movies; he makes the movie that he wants to see. And I think we're in for a slightly darker movie than the trailer indicates. I can't wait!
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:19 am

i'm pumped for Raimi's return to horror--but the Drag Me to Hell trailer is a bit underwhelming.. looks too much like Thinner.. but, i'll remain optimistic.. Raimi did great with the Spiderman movies.. i even liked the third one (if only as a Sam Raimi movie and not a Spiderman movie)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am

A_Roode wrote:Already been done Buscemi. I recommend:

Mister Roberts
All Through The Night
Stalag 17

or for the tv series:

Dad's Army
Allo, Allo!
Hogan's Heroes

I meant for modern-day audiences.

Meanwhile, I felt that The Great Raid and Defiance would have worked better as comedies than as serious dramas.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:32 am

How could Defiance have been a comedy?
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 am

I forgot to add some honorable mentions to mine So here they are

Year One
GI Joe:Rise Of Cobra
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 am

BarcaRulz wrote:How could Defiance have been a comedy?

Some of the film's elements felt too strange for a drama, such as Liev Schreiber playing a Rambo-type and the scene where they eat a horse.

It probably happened in real life but to modern audiences, it feel too out there to be taken seriously.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:46 am

Buscemi wrote:
BarcaRulz wrote:How could Defiance have been a comedy?

Some of the film's elements felt too strange for a drama, such as Liev Schreiber playing a Rambo-type and the scene where they eat a horse.

It probably happened in real life but to modern audiences, it feel too out there to be taken seriously.

I agree that some of it felt too strange, which is why i didn't like it. They made it seem very UNreal for a real story.

I don't agree about it working as a comedy though. The source material and the story itself had more than enough drama, they just screwed up with the bad accents and the stiff performances, and, like you said, the Rambo aspect.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 am

Ranked Slots

1. (500) Days of Summer
2. T2
3. Bruno
4. Harry Potter

No Order For The Rest

Limits of Control
Away We Go
The Hurt Locker
Whatever Works
Up
Inglorious Basterds
Taking Woodstock
Moon
Brothers Bloom
Funny People
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 am

I hate how 500 Days Of Summer is actually called (500) Days Of Summer. It's like adding unnecessary elements to a simple title. Such as making Thirteen Ghosts actually Thir13en Ghosts
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:08 am

A_Roode wrote:Already been done Buscemi. I recommend:

Mister Roberts
All Through The Night
Stalag 17

And don't forget my all time favorite; Kelly's Heroes
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:31 am

1. Revenge of the Fallen
2. Terminator Salvation
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Taking of Pelham 1-2-3
5. Up
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:48 am

Year One will be all kinds of flop-tastic.

1. Transformers: ROTF - been waiting for it since July 07, even though we have yet to get a real trailer for it.

2. Harry Potter & The HBP - Harry Potter = me in the theater Thursday midnight

3. Wolverine - love X-Men: movies, TV show, comics. And although I think Wolverine is overrated, I still like the character and it looks terrific.

4. Funny People - Apatow hasn't missed in his first two movies, in fact they were two of the greatest comedies of alltime so why wouldn't anyone see this?

5. Final Destination 4: Death Trip 3D - huge fan of the FD series and it's in 3D. Can't go wrong...

6. Bruno - Borat is legendary and even if the trailer didn't do anything for me, I'll still be there OW.

7. The Taking of Pelham 123 - looks amazing and I love when Travolta plays the villian (Swordfish)

8. Star Trek - never seen any Star Trek related, but it looks like a great action film

9. Public Enemies - Depp and Bale is a must-see. And apparently, this entire cast will be in Batman 3. Depp as The Riddler and the french chick as Catwoman - rumored of course.

10. The Hangover - yes yes and yes. 3 Men & A Baby + a tiger + Mike Tyson...terrific.

11. Up - trailers and ads look horrific but it's Pixar and the early preview screenings went crazy for it.

12. Inglourious Bastards - Taratino and Pitt in WW2. Plus Mike Meyers in a serious role. Plus BJ Novak. Plus Eli Roth.

13. The Proposal - can't go wrong with Ryan Reynolds, even if he's paired with an obviously older Sandra Bullock, who hasn't been funny since Ms. Congeniality.

14. Battle For Terra - Yes, it's an animated movie not made by Pixar or Dreamworks, but it does look interesting. Moreso than Ice Age 3.

15. Terminator Salvation - I still has to see the first 2 to even know what's going on, but it does look awesome.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:04 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
15. Terminator Salvation - I still has to see the first 2 to even know what's going on, but it does look awesome.

That's what's so great about reboots...You don't need to see the other 2. All you need to know is that the first 2 actually didn't happen and now we're getting to finally see the war against the machines. Isn't fucking with film history fun?
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:43 am

I think The Hangover and The Proposal look awful.

The Hangover is basically a bad looking remake of Very Bad Things with the director in the nadir of his career (I mean, if it's got Heather Graham in it and it was made after 1999 then it can't be good). And believe it or not, they are already writing The Hangover 2 even though this one hasn't even opened yet. But expect the poor returns of this one to put the sequel on hold.

Meanwhile, The Proposal looks way too much like New In Town but featuring illegal immigration in the plotline instead of a job transfer. Sandra Bullock is a bad choice to play an illegal immigrant while Ryan Reynolds shall prove once again why he's a terrible comedy actor and that he should only do dramas. The only thing I found interesting in the trailer was that Craig T. Nelson looked old.

Also, I can't believe that there's interest in a fourth Final Destination. Only the first one was good and they totally could have prevented the sequels had they kept the deleted pregnancy subplot and used the closed ending. But the test audiences had to have their way and we got the awful sequels. The only redeeming value of Final Destination 2 was Tony Todd while Final Destination 3 had that "Choose Own Your Death" option on the DVD making a mediocre film somewhat interesting. As for 4, don't be expecting me to pay $10.50 to watch the same "we cheated death...again" bullshit but with only slighty better 3-D than the terrible My Bloody Valentine remake. Instead, I'll be seeing H2 to see if Zombie learned from the mistakes he made on Halloween.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:49 am

IPKI$$ wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

That's what's so great about reboots...You don't need to see the other 2. All you need to know is that the first 2 actually didn't happen and now we're getting to finally see the war against the machines. Isn't fucking with film history fun?
wait, what makes T4 a reboot and not a sequel?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 am

It's the beginning of a new series not done by Cameron and not featuring The Terminator as the focal point. Instead it features John Connor as the main focal point.

At this point, the series can be decided three ways:

-Version A: The Terminator, Judgment Day, Rise Of The Machines, Salvation

-Version B: The Terminator, Judgment Day (end)
Rise Of The Machines, Salvation

-Version C: The Terminator, Judgment Day, Rise Of The Machines (end)
Salvation, (rumored sequels to Salvation)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next