The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Terminator Salvation will make over 250 million" club

+12
silversurfer19
JackO
transformers2
Donte77
numbersix_99
NSpan
mfrendo
BarcaRulz
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
geezer9687
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The "Terminator Salvation will make over 250 million" club - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Terminator Salvation will make over 250 million" club

Post by Donte77 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am

Man I hope this "First of a Trilogy prequel" to a trilogy is a LOOOOTTTTT better than the last prequel trilogy to a trilogy we all saw.

I am looking at you Jar Jar. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

The "Terminator Salvation will make over 250 million" club - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Terminator Salvation will make over 250 million" club

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 am

mfrendo wrote:

Actually, what they did (McG, Bale, and others involved at the higher end) was sit down with the script and do readings, with no effects. They didn't settle on a script until they had a story that they loved without all the effects, so it wouldn't be mindless action. It was one of the things discussed at Wonder-con. I believe it was one of Bale's prerequisites for doing the role.

Also, don't forget, this is the first of a trilogy...

I've heard about this attempt to make it a story, but I'm just not convinced. Bale may like his character's arc, but I just don't see it working. I'm sure there'll be SOME storyline, and acting, I'd be very surprised if it amounted to a pretty basic and laughable story, littered with people shouting at each other to create some sort of character tension, and just buy time before the motor bike terminators (which don't make any sense, as motorbikes have no balance, and if they're knocked over they're useless) speed in and make big explosions happen. But hey, it's terminator, so I'll be watching it on opening weekend.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Bump for Brock
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:49 am

J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:02 am

No surprise there. They were aiming for a PG-13 the whole time.

I think that may disappoint fans expecting a violent shoot-'em-up like the first two and to a lesser extent, Rise Of The Machines (though R in the US, many countries gave that one rating similar to the US PG-13).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:08 am

Yeah, this HAD to be PG-13 to be a real blockbuster.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 am

IPKI$$ wrote:Yeah, this HAD to be PG-13 to be a real blockbuster.

Not exactly. Terminator 2 did over $200 million in 1991.....with a rather hard R.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:45 am

That was almost 20 years ago...But think about it in terms of how parenting has changed, the kids these days will be much more likely to SNEAK into an R rated movie nowadays, the parents are getting more cautious of what kids watch...If Terminator 2 came out now, I think it would do slightly worse because of the R.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 am

mfrendo wrote:

Also, don't forget, this is the first of a trilogy...

The crew of the Golden Compass would be proud.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Buscemi wrote:No surprise there. They were aiming for a PG-13 the whole time.
Although I was expecting it, they haven't been aiming for PG-13 this whole time (the clips shown apparently have a lot of violence and language, plus with the whole talk about showing boobs, they seem to be making an R movie.)
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2