The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by W Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:04 pm

My favorite Van Damme film (for some reason) has always been Lionheart.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Buscemi wrote:
Sudden Death- when I was 14, I thought this was one of the better Van Damme vehicles. Now I think this may be one of the best bad movies ever made. The film's story and acting are basically crap but that seems to be part of the fun. Not surprisingly, this was initally written as a spoof of over-the-top action films and sports movies before being heavily rewritten (possibly at the insistance of the then-owners of the Pittsburgh Penguins, who produced the film).

Please don't scold me, Keyzer.

Boosh - You got it toally right. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the rewrites were actulally done by Howard Baldwin himself. These would be the same owners that drove the Penguins into bankruptcy and changed our logo from the classic one we're using again today to the Partridge Family looking one we had during those god awful years. (That horrid logo was designed by the owner's wife who somehow mysteriously won the "Design the new Penguins' logo contest)

Nothing better in that film than watching JCVD and Iceburgh, the Penguins mascot go at it
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 pm

The JCVD/Icee (as the little girl called the penguin) fight scene was the only sequence from the original script to appear in the final film. I would love to find that script to read sometime. It sounds interesting as the only thing that could make Sudden Death better is more comedy and more ridiculousness.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 pm

I actually used Iceburgh in the proposal to Mrs. Keyser. Got the ring to him before a game, and he brought it up to our seats during the game. Never once dawned on me that I had given a diamond ring to a complete and total stranger whose face I had never seen. Was pretty sure if I saw him driving home in a new car after the game that I would have known where the ring went. The soon to be Mrs. Keyser looked like a deer in headlights because she had no idea it was coming and suddenly this giant seven foot tall flightless bird wass waving a ring in her face.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:I actually used Iceburgh in the proposal to Mrs. Keyser. Got the ring to him before a game, and he brought it up to our seats during the game. Never once dawned on me that I had given a diamond ring to a complete and total stranger whose face I had never seen. Was pretty sure if I saw him driving home in a new car after the game that I would have known where the ring went. The soon to be Mrs. Keyser looked like a deer in headlights because she had no idea it was coming and suddenly this giant seven foot tall flightless bird wass waving a ring in her face.

That's a good laugh. I probably would have had the same expression, except I probably would have been more confused.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Yeah, all you would have to do is tell management that their mascot stole your ring. That is unless they use multiple people to play him per night or there's someone dressed up as that penguin to get into the arena free/steal rings from unsuspecting fans.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:37 pm

W wrote:Yeah, all you would have to do is tell management that their mascot stole your ring. That is unless they use multiple people to play him per night or there's someone dressed up as that penguin to get into the arena free/steal rings from unsuspecting fans.

You seem to be a little bit too familar with this W.... Suspect
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 am

re-watching Season 3 of It's Always Sunny In Philladelphia. Funniest show on tv so brilliant.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:09 am

I rented both JCVD and World Trade Center and can't decide which one to watch first.

Any suggestions?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I rented both JCVD and World Trade Center and can't decide which one to watch first.

Any suggestions?

JCVD. Prepare to be wowed.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:56 pm

So I did indeed watch JCVD last night. I liked it for the most part, especially of course when Van Damme is just monologuing about his life to the camera. Easily the best part of the movie. But other than that, I really didn't see anything special there. I didn't expect it to have as many moments of humor though, like when in court, the attorney is slamming down all his movies and VAn Damme's reactions are hiliarious. 6/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:39 am

The Reader 3.5/10

This movie sucked. It was really boring,slow and uneventful. Kate Winselt was decent not spectacular. Not deserving of the Best Picture nod at all.
Anyway The Reader completes my viewing of the Best Picture Nod's My Ratings are as follows.

Frost/Nixon 8.5/10
Milk 7/10
Slumdog Millionare 7.5/10
The Reader 3.5/10
Ben Button Refuse To Watch
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:45 am

Why do you refuse to watch Ben Button? It was great!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:15 am

transformers2 wrote:
Frost/Nixon 8.5/10
Milk 7/10
Slumdog Millionare 7.5/10
The Reader 3.5/10
Ben Button Refuse To Watch

I agree with the SM rating, and am with you on Ben Button...except I saw it so my rating would be something like "wish I hadn't watched", but still same principal.

I would have given F/N a slightly higher rating, Milk a higher rating than that, and The Reader not as high as Milk or F/N, but much higher than you gave it. Thought Winslet was exceptional...tho I thought she was better in Rev Road this year.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:42 am

Yeah, could you give a reason for not watching Benjamin Button? It was a great story, great CGI, just elongated way too much for me to give it a great grade. Meanwhile, I think Slumdog and Milk were the two best in the field by far (but haven't seen The Reader and don't know if/when I'll get around to it). I still wish that TDK would have been in the running as it was well deserved as both entertainment and art in my opinion.

I would have put up if I had a vot in the Oscars (in no particular order):
Milk
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Gran Torino

Who would you put up (or someone make another thread)?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:03 am

My Best Picture Picks:

Gran Torino
Milk
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
Changeling

I still cannot fathom why the Academy totally ignored Gran Torino!
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:12 am

I refuse to watch Benjamin Button because i just dont like the concept. I have heard great things but i just wont watch it. Banks im with i dont understand why the academy ignored Gran Torino it was fantastic. Same goes with The Wrestler both deserved nominations over The Reader and Milk.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am

And for what i would have put up for best picture.

The Wrestler
Gran Torino
Frost/Nixon
Slumdog Millionare
The House Bunny
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 am

House Bunny one of the 5 BEST films of the year? Its ok if its one of your five MOST LIKED, but BEST?

And Milk was much, much better a FILM than The Wrestler. There were at least five great performances in that film IMO. One of the best biopics ever. The Wrestler, 1 good/great performance, possibly 2, great nostalgic factor for me, but as a film? I'd rather watch Milk again...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:09 pm

i was kidding about The House Bunny ive never even seen it Very Happy i just couldnt think of a fifth film.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 pm

transformers2 wrote:i was kidding about The House Bunny ive never even seen it :D i just couldnt think of a fifth film.

I kind of figured that... But I did find it quite funny...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:44 pm

You know, I struggled to think of a 5th pick too. Maybe that's how The Reader got nominated.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 pm

lol Banks thats is proably why the reader got nominated. Ugh. It does aggrevate me that The Reader got nominated over Gran Torino and The Wrestler.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 pm

and the Dark Knight

and Tropic Thunder Laughing
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 am

Yeah TDK must have just slipped their minds. Smile I guess they don't look at the Internet.

Of course they actually can't remember anything before September.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next