The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by geezer9687 Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:02 am

In honor of my character rank, I finally watched American Psycho. I have no idea what to say or what to think. It was hilarious and weird and fun to watch and over the top and cheesy and deep and crazy all in one. Overall, I think they did EXACTLY what they were trying to do. 8.5/10
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Donte77 Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:13 am

NSpan wrote:Drag Me to Hell..

brilliant!! a MUST see for all Raimi fans.. this could've been called Sister Evil Dead..

though, i gotta say, i pity anyone who went into this with no foreknowledge of Sam's previous work.. even they might learn to love it--but i imagine this movie would be a bit jarring for anyone expecting a "straight" horror film

I am torn. I got a "Meh" review from a good friend who is also a huge Raimi fan. He said the ending was prdictable, there were a few jump scares that didn't work and the only great part was seeing Sam use some of his old style.

leestu wrote:Watched The Director's Cut of DAS BOOT, a movie I first watched 20 years ago. It used to be one of my fave movies and nothing has changed, An absolutely brilliant piece of filmmaking.

Still trying to get my hands on the Director's Cut without spending an arm on it. Netflix only has the original version of the movie.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:14 am

Also watched Rock N Rolla this weekend. Pretty good. I liked it quite a bit and it was more along the lines of old Ritchie and not Mr. Madonna. 3.5/5 Stars
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 am

Rock N Rolla was a good one. It was good to see Ritchie get back to the Lock Stock/Snatch days.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 am

After American Psycho I watched Kill Bill (the whole damn thing) in honor of David Carradine. a very obvious 10/10. A film that will never leave me.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 am

I watched The Ladykillers (the Coen Brothers/Tom Hanks remake) on Saturday. I'm probably one of the few people who likes this film.

"You brought...your bitch...to the Waffle Hut?!"
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:48 am

"If you haven't been to a Waffle House... Just imagine a dirty gas station bathroom... that serves waffles. That's pretty much what a Waffle House is." Damn Jim Gaffigan is hilarious!

To keep it on topic... I couldn't stand The Ladykillers (and I like almost everything I see).
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 am

Hell yeah, Waffle House is rundown as shit, but their food is delicious, for some unfathomable reason.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:26 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Hell yeah, Waffle House is rundown as shit, but their food is delicious, for some unfathomable reason.

Because, you pay for good tasting food in one of two ways 1) its expensive as hell (Lobster, Filet Mignon, etc) or 2) You're in the bathroom for a day or more (Mexican, Waffle House, etc).
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 am

geezer9687 wrote:In honor of my character rank, I finally watched American Psycho. I have no idea what to say or what to think. It was hilarious and weird and fun to watch and over the top and cheesy and deep and crazy all in one. Overall, I think they did EXACTLY what they were trying to do. 8.5/10

Hilarious and fun? You should try reading the book. I read it a few years before the movie, so the movie was pretty much nothing to me. The book is WAY crazier and more, well, fucked up. There's one scene that includes a starving rat, a chainsaw, soft cheese, and a tied up girl. Not fun at all.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 pm

American Psycho is hilarious and fun.. it's just Vampire's Kiss without, you know, the vampires (not to say that Vampire's Kiss has any vampires in it)

just got back from seeing a restored 35mm print of The Last Waltz.. kate had never seen it.. it rocked her socks off
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:43 pm

The Last Waltz was a great movie. Haven't seen Shine a Light yet, so not sure how it measures up. If you had been part of the daily movie trivia, you would have seen my question on this subject last round (not everyone got it right, either...).
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Donte77 wrote:

leestu wrote:Watched The Director's Cut of DAS BOOT, a movie I first watched 20 years ago. It used to be one of my fave movies and nothing has changed, An absolutely brilliant piece of filmmaking.

Still trying to get my hands on the Director's Cut without spending an arm on it. Netflix only has the original version of the movie.

I got it from Quickflix, the Aussie version of Netflix (a case of the imitators doing it better?) The Director's cut is better. Clarifies things a bit. Puts back in things that should never have been left out.

Rewatched the El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico trilogy. Is there any other case of a foreign subtitled movie spawning 2 english speaking sequels?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:50 pm

leestu wrote:I got it from Quickflix, the Aussie version of Netflix (a case of the imitators doing it better?)
just curious: what makes Quickflix superior?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

NSpan wrote:
leestu wrote:I got it from Quickflix, the Aussie version of Netflix (a case of the imitators doing it better?)

They had the director's cut of the film...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:39 pm

W wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Hell yeah, Waffle House is rundown as shit, but their food is delicious, for some unfathomable reason.

Because, you pay for good tasting food in one of two ways 1) its expensive as hell (Lobster, Filet Mignon, etc) or 2) You're in the bathroom for a day or more (Mexican, Waffle House, etc).

To the latter catergory, I would add White Castle.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 pm

NSpan wrote:American Psycho is hilarious and fun.. it's just Vampire's Kiss without, you know, the vampires (not to say that Vampire's Kiss has any vampires in it)

just got back from seeing a restored 35mm print of The Last Waltz.. kate had never seen it.. it rocked her socks off

NSpan and I share the same sense of humor. I'm sorry but hearing Christian Bale utter such lines as "clean your vagina" and "Don't just stare at [her asshole] eat it" is comic gold. And when he went through the revolving door, came back around through them just to shoot the janitor, absolutely hysterical. I was cracking up throughout.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 am

Finally watched Gran Torino. Very good movie, really really enjoyed it. 9/10. Should have got more recognition than it did. Although I do wish Clint went on a shooting rampage like the good old days.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:35 am

Gran Torino was awesome. Glad you check it out geez.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 am

W wrote:
NSpan wrote:

They had the director's cut of the film...

Correct. And I got El Mariachi and Desperado as a double for the price of one. But really I was being tongue in cheek. They don't offer 'on demand' or whatever it is called. I couldn't get Alice. They have The Big Blue as an option but when added to the queue it shows as permanently unavailable (if it's lost buy another copy cheapskates!) so definitely tongue in cheek.

When I was reading American Psycho i left the book at a bus stop by mistake when I had about 30-50 pages to go so I have never read the end of the book. Mad
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:26 am

I have a NTSC VHS of The Big Blue. It's the US theatrical cut though.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:35 am

Buscemi wrote:I have a NTSC VHS of The Big Blue. It's the US theatrical cut though.

If I could I'ld visit for a viewing. But I think the other side of the world is just a tad too far to go for one movie, even for one of that quality. Very Happy
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 pm

woah... what the F... i guess i had never seen the "Special Edition" of the Abyss before.. i honestly thought i had

this is a TOTALLY different movie.. and, tell you what, i friggin' hated it... i actually prefer the nonsensical theatrical cut.. did Jimmy Cameron honestly think he wrote an original script? all he did was take every episode of the Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits, and most of Aliens and 2001--and made it more expensive..

we get it.. nuclear war was really really really fucking scary from 1945-1989.. but, come on.. aliens telling us that war is bad? let's see.. what does this remind me of?

ummmm.... PLAN fucking NINE, anyone?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:22 pm

NSpan wrote:we get it.. nuclear war was really really really fucking scary from 1945-1989.. but, come on.. aliens telling us that war is bad? let's see.. what does this remind me of?

ummmm.... PLAN fucking NINE, anyone?

ummmm.... The Day the Earth Stood Still, anyone? :)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 am

W wrote:ummmm.... The Day the Earth Stood Still, anyone? Smile

Ah, that's the other one i was trying to think of.. thanks..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next