The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels & Demons and Future Tracking

+12
Donte77
Nycguy84
W
nickb1016
BanksIsDaFuture
brockman81
SuperShaan
Buscemi
geezer9687
Shrykespeare
J.I.
JackO
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Angels & Demons and Future Tracking Empty Angels & Demons and Future Tracking

Post by JackO Mon May 11, 2009 10:55 pm

RS 5.15
-- notfabio, May 10, 17:57
ANGELS: High 50's

Future:
NIGHT 2: Mid 80's (4 day)
TERMINATOR: Between 107-114 (5 day) (Yes, dropped)
DANCE FLICK: High Single Digits (4 day)
UP: Low 50's
DRAG: High 20's (note: other services are showing barely any awareness, so I'd be very cautious)

MTC 5/15
-- notfabio, May 11, 13:55
50 for Angels

They were 10 low for Trek 3 day

That's notfabio's note, not mine.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Angels & Demons and Future Tracking Empty Re: Angels & Demons and Future Tracking

Post by J.I. Tue May 12, 2009 6:57 am

Angels is looking at high 40's right now. Star Trek will come just barely in second place with less than a 50% drop (ala Iron Man). Word of mouth is absolutely freaking insane.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Angels & Demons and Future Tracking Empty Re: Angels & Demons and Future Tracking

Post by Shrykespeare Tue May 12, 2009 10:28 am

I was going to post my column today, but the fascists at my work place deleted all my personal files. All my data, all my personal stuff, and every column I ever wrote. Just gone, with no warning.

It'll take me a couple of days to rewrite it. I am very very upset right now.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 12, 2009 10:37 am

that is awful Shryke. If you want to access some of your old columns, I figured out a way to locate them in cyber space. They are still at the old website, somehow. Not all of them, but some. Not that you'd probably ever really need them.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 12, 2009 10:47 am

Shrykespeare wrote:I was going to post my column today, but the fascists at my work place deleted all my personal files. All my data, all my personal stuff, and every column I ever wrote. Just gone, with no warning.

It'll take me a couple of days to rewrite it. I am very very upset right now.

I imagine that Shryke is feeling like Ganon from Zelda right now.

Shryke: "YOU MUST DIE!"
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue May 12, 2009 11:40 am

That would be great, geez, thanks. Though I expect you're right, it's not like my door is getting beaten down with writing offers.

But hey, if you guys are the only readers I'll ever have, that's still enough reason for me to keep writing.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 12, 2009 12:30 pm

http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/

there's some, I'm trying to dig up more.

http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/2008/10/bards-eye-vie-2.html

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000015/

I think that's the best I can do for what is left out there, floating around in cyberspace
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Tue May 12, 2009 7:39 pm

http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/archives.html

Use the month by month guide and you'll get through all of your musings.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Good shit shaan thanks for helping out.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Tue May 12, 2009 9:52 pm

no problem man, wouldn't have been able to do it without your leg work.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Tue May 12, 2009 11:05 pm

You youngsters and your computer savy... cheers
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 12, 2009 11:51 pm

brockman what is your avatar from? I definitely was sitting at a table with someone in a poker tournament that had the exact same thing.

And I just actually stumbled upon these randomly one day, trying to get here through facebook. If you type in the fantaverse in their search and search the web, it takes you to where i got you in some of the links. Thanks for finishing it off shaan, I never thought to just click archive.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 am

I think brockman's avatar is from either Wyatt Earp or Tombstone...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Wed May 13, 2009 1:17 am

I'm your huckleberry... Very Happy

Its Doc Holiday from Tombstone
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 am

Yes it's Doc from Tombstone...undoubtedly Val Kilmer's best performance...ever (even though his role as Sherpa in Entourage is classic too).
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 13, 2009 1:39 am

I liked him best as Gay Perry in Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by nickb1016 Wed May 13, 2009 2:01 am

The early reviews for Angels and Demons say that it is better than The Davinci Code but that probably wont be enough to make it beat 77million opening of Davinci. The first movie wasnt a disaster but it wasnt loved enough to translate into massive numbers. An opening above 50mill is a lock given that it is still a follow up to a 200+mill hit. It is also lacking the controversy of the orignal which is not really a good thing. I think that it should see about 65 million opening weekend and possibly hold well if people like it.

Star Trek will also be a major factor. It earned 7.5 million on monday which was the strongest hold among any movie in the top 10. It is rare for a movie that opens as big as Star Trek to have a daily hold like this. In fact all of its daily holds have been impressive. It fell only 1% saturday from its fanboy inflated opening day and then fell only 23% on mothersday which was in line with leggy films like Monsters vs Aliens and Ghosts of Girlfriends past. Star Trek is already on course to beat Wolverine opening week despite opeing with 10 million less over the weekend. A drop this wkend of under 50% is likely. At this rate Trek could soar past 200million by the end of the month.

Im not suprised that Terminator is dropping in the tracking. expectations are way to high. The low 100's for the 5 day is much more reasonable.

Im also not suprised that NATM is going up. Its advertising is already in full motion. A 4 day in the 90's seems likely.

and its great to see low numbers like that for dance flick...when will these spoof movies stop!!!

Up is set for 55-60mill and 220mill total. Its pixar...end of story

Drag Me to Hell has serious breakout potential. There hasnt been a scary movie since connecticut and this is perfect counter programming for up. This could be as high as the mid 30's

nickb1016
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Wed May 13, 2009 2:11 am

Yeah Star Trek's monday was awesome. 38% better than Wolverine's first Monday and even 9% bigger than Iron Man's first monday. Its a lock for $200 million.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 am

I do have to say, although slightly off topic, that Drag Me to Hell has got a great ad campaign going. The tv spots include everything they should use to sell this movie. It is really going to do great.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed May 13, 2009 4:02 am

nickb1016 wrote:

Im also not suprised that NATM is going up. Its advertising is already in full motion. A 4 day in the 90's seems likely.

That's what I've been saying for months now. Even though I go up even more and say 100M 4 day is possible and 300M could happen but that is just my little secret.

20M Memorial Day Monday+80OW * 3.5 (basic multiplier for family films) = 300M exactly
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 13, 2009 6:32 am

geezer9687 wrote:I do have to say, although slightly off topic, that Drag Me to Hell has got a great ad campaign going. The tv spots include everything they should use to sell this movie. It is really going to do great.

And I don't think that a horror movie has dissapointed so far this year. Friday 13th, Haunting in Conn, MBV3D, Last House on the Left, and that other January Horror release (skips my mind) have all done better than average for their price in Box Office.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed May 13, 2009 6:43 am

Well, horror movies are so cheap to make that they would have to fail miserably to "disappoint".

And I'll get back to you, Donte.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed May 13, 2009 8:19 am

Talking about the prices that you and your lackeys have set so far Shryke. (just kidding about the lackey part...)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 am

I've heard that you really can't delete anything on the internet. Sorry, D.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 am

You're all set Donte Wink
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next