The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 4 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by SuperShaan Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:43 pm

SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 4 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:07 pm

For those of you who may not be familiar with The Jesus an Mary Chain (A nomination in the current poll of best bands from 96 - present), here's a two shot including one used during the credits of Lost in Translation

Last edited by Keyser Soze on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:52 pm

My Thursday cover is Distrubed with Land of Confusion.

M
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:37 pm

I LOVE Jesus and Mary Chain! And "Head On" is my favorite of their songs. You and I ARE of the same mind, Keyser! Great post!

And I love that song by Genesis, though I'd never heard the Disturbed version (what do you think of their Tears for Fears "Shout" cover?), synestro.

My pick for Thursday, December 4, is another of my favorite catchy alternative no-name groups. Don't know who the old fart at the beginning of the video is, but the song itself never fails to put a smile on my face.

Aztec Camera - Oblivious

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:I LOVE Jesus and Mary Chain! And "Head On" is my favorite of their songs. You and I ARE of the same mind, Keyser! Great post!

And I love that song by Genesis, though I'd never heard the Disturbed version (what do you think of their Tears for Fears "Shout" cover?), synestro.

My pick for Thursday, December 4, is another of my favorite catchy alternative no-name groups. Don't know who the old fart at the beginning of the video is, but the song itself never fails to put a smile on my face.

Aztec Camera - Oblivious

Shryke,

I knew you rocked. Oblivious is awesome.(Have you heard their cover of Van Halen's Jump?) There was such great music coming out of the North Carolina area at that time. Mitch Easter really had an ear for talent with Aztec, REM (I know they're Georgia), Don Dixon, The dB's, the Connells, Zetigeist. What a great time that was.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 am

Just to put in my 2 cents worth. Kid Pop is a cunt. His first album was very good and now he cashed in on ANY thing he can. Stealing from 2 classic rock songs to make a shitty summer song. Check. Cashing in on militrary propaganda and patriotism. Check. Celebri-cunt of a (ex) woman and fights with another rock star. Check.

Talent. Talent?? No check.

My submission for the day is a great band that had a mediocre last album thanks to their reliance on a crappy producer instead of their own ability. Fancy production does not work on a gritty stripped down band. It only makes them sound like everybody else.

Last edited by silversurfer19 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : why is the fuck will this not work half the time?!)
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:27 am

Hope you don't mind me fixing it for you Donte. I do like a bit of Black Keys in the morning. Laughing

And I second you're hating of the talentless Kid Rock.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:36 am

I won't say that I hate him or that he's talentless, just that for some reason he hasn't created anything worth a dime since his first album. Maybe he is talented and just got lazy after he was successful enough to be set for life. Maybe his first album was a fluke. I don't know. All I do know is that when that little midget guy was alive, he was pretty good. Maybe that was the key?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:45 am

Not at all. I am not sure why sometimes the url's work on this and others don't. Bastard computers. Smile
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:01 am

Donte77 wrote:Not at all. I am not sure why sometimes the url's work on this and others don't. Bastard computers. Smile

I just always check which embed codes are allowed when I look for a specific video.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:12 am

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you James.

They should have been the next Smiths, but coulda, woulda shoulda......

Turn the voulme way up, and if it doesn't get you air drumming along with it, check your pulse

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:16 am

Dude, that version you have is edited!!! You need the real version. I've been loving that song ever since my roommate told me to download it because it was in American Pie.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:52 am

Buscemi wrote: All I do know is that when that little midget guy was alive, he was pretty good. Maybe that was the key?

I think Buscemi just shattered the fabric of the Universe in unlocking this Truth. Midgets = Good music.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:59 am

Geez,

I thought the video seemed a little on the short side. The other version on you tube had the embedding disabled. See if this works any better. Video is definitely edited as it ain't "singing she does when she's on top". More like it rhymes with the word "hums" that is written on the screen Shocked

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:00 am

Video is definitely edited as it ain't "singing she does when she's on top". More like it rhymes with the word "hums" that is written on the screen
That was exactly my point. It doesn't make sense when it says "sings."
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:03 am

Every version of the video I found on line has that overdub. Guess *ums" was too racy for MTV or VH1 in their heyday
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:07 am

Donte77 wrote:
Buscemi wrote: All I do know is that when that little midget guy was alive, he was pretty good. Maybe that was the key?

I think Buscemi just shattered the fabric of the Universe in unlocking this Truth. Midgets = Good music.

You rule, Donte! Check out my Maury film idea in the book thread.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:46 am

I remember that version. But it was on VH-1, you really expect them to let the word "cums" in there?

Sigh. I used to do karaoke, and I remember a time when I could hit that high note without even blinking. Now, forget it.

My video pick for Friday, December 5th is one of my favorites. I remember this truly bizarre video back in the late 80s when I watched videos on Night Tracks and Friday Night Videos on late-night cable. If what I read is true, this was the first song EVER to feature sound sampling. And it's a trip...

Art of Noise - Close (To the Edit)

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:03 am

I thought that Grandmaster Flash was first and then The Beastie Boys made it famous.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 am

I have recently been having some 'issues' with my laptop 'losing' some of my music. I have therefore been trying to replace what I can (some of my collection is still sitting back in the UK). Anyway, today I uploaded Manic Street Preachers' The Holy Bible; what a total amazing album that was. To celebrate the occasion, I bring you my favourite song off the album:

Manic Street Preachers - Faster

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Buscemi wrote:I won't say that I hate him or that he's talentless, just that for some reason he hasn't created anything worth a dime since his first album. Maybe he is talented and just got lazy after he was successful enough to be set for life. Maybe his first album was a fluke. I don't know. All I do know is that when that little midget guy was alive, he was pretty good. Maybe that was the key?

What the HELL??? I posted this and it says it was Buscemi!!!!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Maybe you were chanelling your thoughts through Boussh. Or maybe you are Boussh. scratch Shocked bom
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:53 pm

At first, I thought that maybe I accidentally edited his post or something, but its never been edited... Some kind of glitch in the system or something...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Ladies and Gentleman, I give you James.
They should have been the next Smiths, but coulda, woulda shoulda......

I never thought there could be someone more annoying than Morrissey, but the James lead singer managed it. At least Morrissey could write good songs ;-)
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 pm

Ah Shrykie, Night Tracks and Friday Night Videos. Back when MTV was cool, and the other networks were just trying to cash in on a good thing. Man there were some really good things about growing up in our time. The emergence of cable televsion which brought us commercial free movies and the music video just scratches the surface. Seeing Star Wars in theaters during its original release and being able to play with all the toys because you were just the right age. No better time.

Back to the covers. I know there are some people that think this was blasphemy (at least in my circles). None the less when the Oz-man himself appeared on stage at a club in Hollywood to perform it with the band he pretty much gave it his seal of approval....I give you Faith No More's version of "War Pigs"

Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next