The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 17 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:49 am

Nice post Roode. Would have been okay with "She Sells Sanctuary" or "Love Removal Machine", but Wildflower is a great pick too.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 17 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by A_Roode Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:55 am

I was toying with "l'il Devil" as well since I wanted a good rocker today. For a more mellow moment I'd have gone with 'Edie (Ciao baby)' a song I just love.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 am

My pick for today will most likely only be appreciated by Shryke, but I figure at this point, he's probably the only one clicking on my picks any way.

They're called The Waterboys, and while Mike Scott was the main driving force, it was the band that introduced us to Karl Wallinger who would later form World Party and a backup singer named Sinead O'Connor (Take that for what's it's worth)

This is "Old England"

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 am

A_Roode wrote:I was toying with "l'il Devil" as well since I wanted a good rocker today. For a more mellow moment I'd have gone with 'Edie (Ciao baby)' a song I just love.

Wouldn't you just love to know who the hell Edie was and just what she did to Ian to piss him off so much?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 am

I love Ciao Baby. The chord changes in that song are awe-inspiring. And Keyser, that is a good song. Sorry to say, I don't remember it from before, but I do remember the Waterboys.

Sigh. Four days since I've posted in this thread... I hope my damn computer gets fixed so I can get caught up at home instead of having to post everything from work!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:39 am

Actually I click on every video and I give any song at least a minute before deciding if I like it or if it is crap.

Usually only really bad songs gets stopped early.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:57 am

Today I'll post some Weezer. I haven't ever gotten over how good a debut album Blue was, and I could literally listen to it every day

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:19 am

silversurfer19 wrote:Today I'll post some Weezer. I haven't ever gotten over how good a debut album Blue was, and I could literally listen to it every day

*jawdrop* How Ironic! I have been running thru Weezer songs for the past 2 days trying to pick one to post!!! I was actually gonna go with Pork and Beans (really fun vid).

bah! fin I will go with one that I have become addicted to as I've been on a huge Queen kick lately (as you can see in my sig)...

Queen - It's a Hard Life
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:37 am

*jawdrop* How Ironic! I have been running thru Weezer songs for the past 2 days trying to pick one to post!!! I was actually gonna go with Pork and Beans (really fun vid).

There is hardly a bad Weezer video, its nice to see a band put so much effort into them. I picked The Sweater Song for its film reference of being directed by Spike Jonze, but then, I think he pretty much directed everyone's videos during the mid-nineties!!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:33 am

Well, computer problems have prevented me from posting here for the last five days, so I'm a little behind for my video picks of the "day".

I'm on the letter "H" now, so here are some samplings from that letter.

For Tuesday, January 13th, a pretty good tune, even if now it will forever be paired with a head-bobbing Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan. Case in point: this montage featuring guest stars Jim Carrey, Martin Short, Pamela Anderson, Sylvester Stallone, Alec Baldwin, and Helen Hunt (with Jack frickin' Nicholson!).

Haddaway - What is Love

Last edited by Shrykespeare on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:41 am

I absolutely hated that song when released, it was everywhere and it was one of the most repetitive pieces of crap I have heard heard. I really don't have anything good to say about it. Sorry. At least the funny video made up for it a bit....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:45 am

Sorry, Surfer. Perhaps this will atone.

For Wednesday, here's something for Keyser:

Happy Mondays - Step On

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:22 am

For Thursday, January 15th, something for all you Talking Heads-spinoff fans:

Jerry Harrison: Casual Gods - Rev It Up (cool song!!)

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 am

And finally, for Friday, January 16th, I'm gonna go backwards to give you a song that I passed a while back but was stuck in my head all day today (which was just what I needed). If any of you want to know who the lead singer is in case you fantasize about her later, it's Toni Halliday. They remind me a lot of Lush (one of my favorite 90's bands), but this song just kicks ASS.

Curve - Coast is Clear

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:24 pm

This is basically two songs in one. The first 1:40 is Nuno Bettencourt showing off on the guitar. The remainder is the highly recommend 'He Man Woman Hater' by Extreme. If you don't like the stuff by Nuno, just skip ahead since the second half is catchy as hell \m/ Twisted Evil

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:Sorry, Surfer. Perhaps this will atone.

For Wednesday, here's something for Keyser:

Happy Mondays - Step On

You know it buddy. Another one of the most underappreciated bands of all time. Really wanted to catch them on their last US tour last year, but none of the dates worked out well for us.

I'm going to assume you have, but I'll ask anyway. You have seen 24 Hour Party People, right?

Please never do that Haddaway thing to us again. Please!!!!

Also liked the Casual Gods, and had never heard of Curve before, but after that video, I'm gonna have to look into them some more.

This is my favorite Happy Mondays tune right back at ya. This is Kinky Afro

And as long as we're talking Manchester Sound, here's anther of my favorites:

Inspiral Carpets with Two Worlds Collide

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:12 am

Kinky Afro is a good song, but not QUITE up there with Step On. And I LOVE that Inspiral Carpets song (surprise, surprise).

I honestly don't remember "24 Hour Party People". It sounds very familiar, but not enough to job any specific memories.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:06 am

It was a fantastic movie about the rise and fall of Factory records starting with Tony Wilson's discovery of Joy Division all the way until its demise mostly because of The Happy Mondays. It starred Steve Coogan as Tony Wilson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274309/
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:13 am

For today's pick I am going with my favorite foreign band! not only is the song good the video is utterly mesmerizing... I've got something good picked for tomorrow already as well Smile

Kent - Ingenting
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:31 am

My video pick for Saturday, January 17th is one of my favorite songs, from one of the unlikeliest of places. This lady was a Yemenite Jew born in Hatika, Israel. I say "was" because, like so many others, her life was snuffed out by AIDS at a very young age.

Ofra Haza - Wish Me Luck

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:00 am

silversurfer19 wrote:Today I'll post some Weezer. I haven't ever gotten over how good a debut album Blue was, and I could literally listen to it every day
do you have the Universal "deluxe edition" yet?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:18 pm

I like this Canadian comedy group.

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Keeping with my Manchester Sound theme (and starting early today as it's going to take me 6 or 7 hours to put on enough layers to go and sit out at the Steelers/Ravens AFC Championship game tonight) Theses guys were one of the early Shoe Gazer bands

Here are The Catherine Wheel with Black Metallic. This is a live version as the regular video has had embedding removed. If you click on this video though, you will see the regular one as the top box on the right. Much better to watch.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:20 pm

NSpan wrote:

No, although it is definitely on my 'to get' list. I love when bands bring the deluxe editions out, I just don't like the prices....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:10 am

silversurfer19 wrote:
NSpan wrote:

No, although it is definitely on my 'to get' list. I love when bands bring the deluxe editions out, I just don't like the prices....
this one is worth it
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next