The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

+15
numbersix_99
W
packpaljs
NSpan
mfrendo
becs
A_Roode
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Keyser Soze
JackO
brockman81
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:45 am

So, is Parks and Recreation really nothing more than a clone of The Office remake?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by NSpan Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 am

pretty much. i couldn't believe it got renewed for a second season. but tonight's episode was funny--so maybe they're coming into their own
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 am

Just watched the season premiere of Fringe. I hope it can break out in its sophomore season, that show is just so fucking cool.

Next premiere: House on Monday (opposite the premiere of Heroes, which I'm debating whether or not to even continue watching that show).
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 am

Hmm yea, watched Fringe today on Hulu, not sure. I loved it last season, this episode felt way different though, they used the agent following around joshua jackson for the first half so that he could handily recap the past, then the 2nd half I felt like I had missed 10-15 minutes of show when it ended. regardless I too have high hopes.

The Office was good but I worry because its turning into every episode is a game of how can we try to make you hate Michael. It seems like that is the focus now all the time where he used to just be sort of pathetic and clueless now he is outright damaging.

Community, mmm Jon Oliver. I would watch anything with Jon Oliver. This show was mediocre, about the same as Glee, its watchable if you don't have anything better to do. How is it that shows like Dollhouse are barely hanging on by a thread, yet someone is paying to making this stuff? (or a new season of Dancing with the stars *gag*)

edit- oh also, House + Lie to me on the same night, and they both look to be AWESOME this season. So anyone who hasn't check out the teaser for House its really brilliant:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/92054/house-alpha-male#s-p1-st-i1
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:Just watched the season premiere of Fringe. I hope it can break out in its sophomore season, that show is just so fucking cool.

Next premiere: House on Monday (opposite the premiere of Heroes, which I'm debating whether or not to even continue watching that show).

I was at the House premier with some friends! It was pretty cool
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:21 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:
Shrykespeare wrote:Just watched the season premiere of Fringe. I hope it can break out in its sophomore season, that show is just so fucking cool.

I was at the House premier with some friends! It was pretty cool
The season doesn't start till tomorrow, how were you "at" the premier?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:15 pm

The blue carpet premier, it was here at the Arclight in hollywood,
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Doesn't have the same ring as red carpet. (Hee-hee)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Accidentally on Purpose, Had a few good laughs for, i really wish there would be more funny sitcoms on tv, and this could have potential

Heroes, I've been a fan since day one, and theres been some bad episodes, but I actually found this one intriguing and i really wanted to know what was going to happen next, I still dont like Parkman though, I do however really like how they are trying to focus the characters and make them have a goal. This show could definitely have potential, It always has had potential, I hope they dont mess it up again.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:55 pm

I got about 8 minutes into Accidentally on Purpose before I wanted to kill myself and Jenna Elfman, so I turned it off to save myself. That British lady must be the most annoying thing to ever grace TV.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:23 am

You mean the irish lady? What?! I found her hilarious!
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:55 am

British. Irish. Whatever the fuck she was, she does not need to be breathing anymore...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 am

Is anybody still watching Heroes? I started this seasons premiere and turned it off about halfway through. Just couldn't even pretend to give a shit anymore.

Sons of Anarchy, on the other hand, was once again fantastic!
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:12 am

mfrendo wrote:Is anybody still watching Heroes? I started this seasons premiere and turned it off about halfway through. Just couldn't even pretend to give a shit anymore.

Sons of Anarchy, on the other hand, was once again fantastic!

I d/led it and hopefully it is good. They should have used the ending of last season as the end of this season.

Spoiler:

I would have went nuts... figuratively.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm halfway through the first episode, and so far, no great shakes. Really hope it picks up in the second half.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Anybody watch Flash Forward?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 pm

no, but im definitely going to
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm

It's on again tonight, along with the pilot to Modern Family (featuring the unlikely pairing of Ed O'Neill and Sofia Vergara as husband and wife).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:59 am

I watched the pilot of Cougar Town, and I thought it was really good. I've missed Courtney Cox!
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:13 am

i liked it too, i've missed the whole cast of friends!

Saw the premier of Dollhouse, I love that show
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 am

FlashForward was pretty good, it was a little slow waiting for people to figure out what we already know. They made up for it with the ending though, and the preview of the rest of the season looks great.

Modern Family is very funny, although only the two parent family with the 3 kids are funny. I think the Ed O'Neill/Sofia family is stupid, and the two gay dudes really aren't that funny. I'll be watching only for that one family.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:59 am

i thought modern family & cougartown were both about on par, same with community, all utterly cheesy sitcoms but none is terrible.
Biggest Loser was good, but a bit alarming how each season they push the contestants a little harder right off the bat, to the point more and more are spending time in the hospital during the show.
And just finished Fringe ep 2, loved it! The show was back to the swing of things as it should be. Same with Grey's anatomy, really great opening to the season.
So far this season of The Office has been my favorite show, but I have yet to watch Dollhouse or House which I expect will easily be on top, I also haven't watched FlashForward but its the last hope of any new show beating out a returning hit for me and I consider it doubtful.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:20 am

I Watched flashforward too. It was awesome, will definitely be tuning in. I love mystery shows, and the ending scene did in the ballpark, that did it for me.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:59 pm

I think I'm pretty well caught up on new shows now, so I'll echo what everyone else is saying for the most part. Of all the new shows Flash Forward is probably the only one I will keep up with, it had a great cast, a great story and it really hooks you in right off the start. I am only concerned for this because basically anything sci-fi has been pretty much dead in the water for almost a decade as far as the major networks go, but this one might be powerful to get/keep a major viewership, but with V coming in a couple months who knows.
Other than Flash Forward the only really promising show I've seen is The Forgotten, it does seem overly similar to Cold Case, but there is clearly a market for this kind of show (why the heck do crime shows do so consistently well), but Christian Slater as always was over the top on acting, but much better than his last series.

I also watched Mercy, pretty mediocre, it was like Grey's Anatomy with even less comedy and more nurses instead of doctors. Probably better than most of the sitcoms though.

Eastwick, wow this was sadly one i liked because I'm a girl and can't help myself for some reason from watching these craptastic girly shows, but the writing was pretty bad, as was the acting. I found it laughable seeing Paul Gross (Due South, Men with Brooms) the ever dopey Canadian... playing the dark, mysterious and sexy stranger.

Parks & Recreation seems to be quite a bit better this year, I actually laughed at a few things, and the whole premise of the gay penguin wedding was freakin' great.

Dollhouse as always was brilliant, loved it!

Heroes was good but not great, seems to be too big of a gap in story without really a clean transition from last season. Hopefully they find their stride in the next ep. I did love the new heroes/villains, whatever they are.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Is it me or do Mercy and Trauma look like the exact same show?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next