The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

+15
numbersix_99
W
packpaljs
NSpan
mfrendo
becs
A_Roode
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Keyser Soze
JackO
brockman81
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by packpaljs Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:21 am

Yes, most people I know that watch it are addicts, I think I have a brick wall to any serious TV Shows. I can enjoys some comdies The Office, Psych, King of the Hill....That's about the extent of the TV I watch. Although because of Shrkyes new game I've been watching Harper's Island.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:14 am

packpaljs wrote:Just watched The Office and confused by the ending. Don't want to give too much away to anyone who hasn't watched it yet but what happened with Charles?

I'm guessing he was either transferred or just plain fired.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 am

He had to leave to go do that Obsessed movie
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat May 02, 2009 10:49 am

Saw the Heroes season finale. Crazy crazy shit. wont give any spoilers but someone dies, then brought back, but not in the way you would think. It was crazy. Can't wait for next season.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:Saw the Heroes season finale. Crazy crazy shit. wont give any spoilers but someone dies, then brought back, but not in the way you would think. It was crazy. Can't wait for next season.

Yep... I love Heroes. It's been much better the second half of this season.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat May 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Watched Lost, Interesting turn of events... but the blowing up the hydrogen bomb seems to not be happening considering the mother killed her son... cant wait to find out how sawyer gets out his trouble this time, he seems to think he knows best all the time... and is it just me or have characters been dropping like flies this week on all shows?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaniel!

caught the latest Family Guy ("stew-'roids").. friggin' hilarious.. this season has been REALLY hit-and-miss.. there have been some nearly unwatchable episodes
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed May 06, 2009 3:24 pm

NSpan wrote:daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaniel!

caught the latest Family Guy ("stew-'roids").. friggin' hilarious.. this season has been REALLY hit-and-miss.. there have been some nearly unwatchable episodes

Agreed about the season being hit and miss. The Man With Two Brians was probably the worst episode ever and The Juice Is Loose was in poor taste.

Meanwhile, Stew-Roids could have been a better episode had they stuck with Stewie on steroids as the main plotline. I'm getting tired of them using Connie Dimicco as a recurring character (especially since I thought that they would discontinue the character after she became a sex offender in McStroke) and to bring her back as if nothing happened really threw off the show's chronology. I was hoping that the popular girl that dated Chris would be a new character similar to the one's that Chris dated when he joined the Young Republicans Club.

Also, they missed an opportunity to really do something with Meg. Yes, a lot of the die hard fans hate her but that doesn't mean you can do a Cousin Oliver and ignore her completely. I really wanted her to go apeshit crazy and kill Connie. It seems that in the past that they weren't afraid to go balls out with the material (see Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie) but now they have been really playing it safe lately. And as a result, it's not very fun to watch anymore.

However, this week's episode (We Love You, Conrad) could have been absolutely terrible but it turned out halfway decent. The bad parts were that they didn't keep the Jillian/Adam West relationship together and that they actually chose to focus on The Hills without exposing the whole show as a fake but they actually did a good job with Lauren Conrad. Sure it was just a character but you were actually convinced that Lauren Conrad really is more than just a shallow "celebrity" wallowing in her excess.

But hopefully next's week episode (Three Kings) is a return to the great 30 minutes of MacFarlane that we were familiar with before this season. That one will be in three segments feature parodies of Misery, Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption.

By the way, I really want MacFarlane to do a theatrical Family Guy movie that would could serve as a final episode and as a R-rated action comedy that Fox would never dare show on television. In this idea, Meg finally snaps and gets revenge on the Griffins, while Brian and Stewie wage war on each other with the fate of the world on the line. The idea would combine graphic violence with the signature comedy style seen as well as be tongue in cheek and actually feature the characters in the real world. Not live-action real world but something in which the subplot of the fate of the world could actually work.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed May 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Buscemi wrote:Agreed about the season being hit and miss. The Man With Two Brians was probably the worst episode ever and The Juice Is Loose was in poor taste.

Meanwhile, Stew-Roids could have been a better episode had they stuck with Stewie on steroids as the main plotline. I'm getting tired of them using Connie Dimicco as a recurring character (especially since I thought that they would discontinue the character after she became a sex offender in McStroke) and to bring her back as if nothing happened really threw off the show's chronology. I was hoping that the popular girl that dated Chris would be a new character similar to the one's that Chris dated when he joined the Young Republicans Club.

Also, they missed an opportunity to really do something with Meg. Yes, a lot of the die hard fans hate her but that doesn't mean you can do a Cousin Oliver and ignore her completely. I really wanted her to go apeshit crazy and kill Connie. It seems that in the past that they weren't afraid to go balls out with the material (see Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie) but now they have been really playing it safe lately. And as a result, it's not very fun to watch anymore.

However, this week's episode (We Love You, Conrad) could have been absolutely terrible but it turned out halfway decent. The bad parts were that they didn't keep the Jillian/Adam West relationship together and that they actually chose to focus on The Hills without exposing the whole show as a fake but they actually did a good job with Lauren Conrad. Sure it was just a character but you were actually convinced that Lauren Conrad really is more than just a shallow "celebrity" wallowing in her excess.

But hopefully next's week episode (Three Kings) is a return to the great 30 minutes of MacFarlane that we were familiar with before this season. That one will be in three segments feature parodies of Misery, Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption.

By the way, I really want MacFarlane to do a theatrical Family Guy movie that would could serve as a final episode and as a R-rated action comedy that Fox would never dare show on television. In this idea, Meg finally snaps and gets revenge on the Griffins, while Brian and Stewie wage war on each other with the fate of the world on the line. The idea would combine graphic violence with the signature comedy style seen as well as be tongue in cheek and actually feature the characters in the real world. Not live-action real world but something in which the subplot of the fate of the world could actually work.

man, now i know what it's like to read one of my posts..
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Saw Fringe....

Clint Howard (!) had a cameo as a conspiracy theorist who, apart from having some input in the case at hand, also believes himself to be Mr. Spock, who is on a mission to stop time-traveling Romulans from the future.

Shameless plug, Mr. Abrams?
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Mon May 11, 2009 3:57 am

undeadmonkey wrote:Watched Lost, Interesting turn of events... but the blowing up the hydrogen bomb seems to not be happening considering the mother killed her son... cant wait to find out how sawyer gets out his trouble this time, he seems to think he knows best all the time... and is it just me or have characters been dropping like flies this week on all shows?

SPOILERS

I wouldn't mind if they dropped like flies after having some sort of impact on the story, but Lost has a habit of introducing characters and killing them off without making us care enough. Like Echo, who did very little in terms of overall arc (he convinced John not to push the button in the hatch- remember that far back???). And Faraday had potential to be one of the best characters and he was just thrown aside like that, with not much care. Same with Miranda (was that her name? The ginger Brit), etc. Their presence was never fully realised so their demise never has much of an impact, and you're left feeling a bit "so what"
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 am

agreed
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Thu May 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:Saw Fringe....

Clint Howard (!) had a cameo as a conspiracy theorist who, apart from having some input in the case at hand, also believes himself to be Mr. Spock, who is on a mission to stop time-traveling Romulans from the future.

Shameless plug, Mr. Abrams?

Yes. I was very disappointed by the almost 180 degree turn the show took in the last two episodes. It's like the writers just phoned it in! I mean Nimoy as William Bell? Absolutely ridiculous plot twists that involve other dimensions? Not even explaining why the fuck William Bell is sitting in another dimension in the first place? What the fuck a random truck has to do with the episode? I thought time travel plot holes and dropping cars off cliffs were nonsensical enough but wow. I have never felt deflated after watching a season finale till I saw the last episode of Fringe.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 am

Anybody else see the (Paradise) Lost season finale last night?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri May 15, 2009 12:47 am

I did Keyser well most of at least but i fell asleep and need to finish the last half hour today.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Fri May 15, 2009 2:07 am

i watched it and it was Shocked
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Finished watched the new series of Weeds- a big, fat 'meh'. I'm bored of the characters, they're all going nowhere fast, but with minimal entertainment. Andy is increasingly annoying, Nancy is a trapped housewife (which I know is the point, but we never have enough time with her to feel her frustration), Shane is the only character that's developing in an interesting way. Don't think I'll tune in for Series 6
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Six - Totally agree with you about the entire season 5. Shane really is the only interesting character. Not only is Andy very annoying, but then they have to go and give him Alanis Morrisette as his love interest, and she couldn't be any more annoying. I really with the DEA would just come and lock up, Celia, her husband, and Doug.

I will say, the very last scene in the season finale was fun to watch though
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Yeah, I have to say I didn't see it coming. At least not the person who did it.

Man, how annoying is Celia? And not annoying like in the first series as the meddling drunk. Now her very presence makes me want to turn off.

thank god True Blood is getting even better. I'm watching the last episode of Season 2 tonight.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:44 pm

The last scene in all the finales are fun to watch, they purposely make them that way so they can make you think next season might have some redeeming qualities.

Being totally honest, Weeds was once one of my favorite shows, now I just watch it just to see what is happening to the characters because i've already invested so much time into it.

Andy is becoming/has become a joke. Nancy has become really annoying. Shane has become emo. Silas is the only really good character IMO, well written and well played. Celia is the most annoying person on TV now, what's with all this "I wanna be Nancy" crap?
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:32 pm

numbersix_99 wrote:
thank god True Blood is getting even better. I'm watching the last episode of Season 2 tonight.

It doesn't come on until this upcoming Sunday....?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Yeah, you're right, forgot there was a gap in tx dates in the US. Damn, looking forward to the conclusion.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyson Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 pm

i have the first three discs of season one of degrassi: junior high heading my way. I hope it keeps raining here so that i have an excuse to hide in my apartment all day and watch it
Alyson
Alyson
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Okay finished True Blood Season 2. I'm not a big fan of the way they split the last episode into two parts, the first finishing the current season's arc, the second setting up the next season, as it makes for pacing problems. However, overall Season 2 was excellent, better than the first.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:34 am

TV Party tonight:

SNL Primetime
The Office
Parks & Recreation
Community
Always Sunny
Archer

all good episodes
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next