The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

+15
numbersix_99
W
packpaljs
NSpan
mfrendo
becs
A_Roode
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Keyser Soze
JackO
brockman81
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by becs Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Yea, I dunno, the fact that they backfilled ER with another medical show that looks exactly like it.

Also, I forgot, I watched Brothers. WOW am I embarrassed for the 3 main actors. CCH Pounder, Carl Weathers and Daryl Mitchell all deserve better writing and even a better laugh track at least. Worst show I've seen, very nearly ever.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 pm

What happened last night on The Cleveland Show and Family Guy:

The Cleveland Show: your average television pilot. I do wish that they had gotten to the point a lot sooner though. By the way, it's nice to see that Seth MacFarlane is finally having his shows done in widescreen.

Family Guy: great season premiere featuring Stewie and Brian going into alternate universes. I'm surprised that this wasn't done as a movie as I would have liked to seen more dimensions.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:32 pm

I thought The Cleveland Show was heads and shoulders above Family Guy last night. The multiverse plot was pure laziness, instead of coming up with a story, it's just throwing Brian and Stewie in different situations. Almost as bad as a clip show. The Disney part was great though.

I hate hate HATE the baby Rollo in The Cleveland Show though, he's by far the weak link. Hopefully they'll get rid of him, and show more of the bears that live next door.

"OH A BEAR!!!"
"OH A BLACK GUY!!!"
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:21 pm

I thought the bear was the weak link. Well, that and the wigger character.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Just watched the second episode of Modern Family, and I have to say; that show is coming along nicely. First two episodes have been great. I've always wanted Ty Burrell to be in a comedy TV show ever since I saw him as that sarcastic dude in Dawn of the Dead.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:11 pm

I never read this thread because I don't watch much TV and I'm afraid of spoilers, but I do have to say I did watch Flash Forward and I am totally sold. Can't wait for that tonight.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:38 am

I watched The Cleveland Show and Family Guy.

Wow, The Cleveland Show sucks. It's basically a rehash of Family Guy's first season but only worse (due to the less interesting sidekicks, the inclusion of a deadbeat dad and the senseless and unfunny disowning and murder of a puppy). I am giving up on the show and hope that Cleveland comes back to Family Guy next season.

Family Guy was better though. After a mediocre opening (with the worse use of Meg yet), the show improves with Lois finding out that she is Jewish. Brian's appearance at the end is priceless (I could care less about Chris, the show needs more Brian).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Wow, Buscemi, you gave it a whopping two episodes. I agree that this weeks was weak, but they've gotta do something to make the show interesting.

Family Guy was back on form this week, loved it. "How DO YOU LIKE IT LOIS?!?!"
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:02 pm

It's bad when you decline in quality, but it's really bad when you copy episodes from your previous series. If this is going to be like 7th Heaven where every episode remakes the last episode (don't judge me, I was 10 when I watched a few seasons of it), then I won't be a part of it.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4