The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread

+17
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
leestu
Donte77
silversurfer19
becs
BarcaRulz
RonBurgundy
W
Keyser Soze
NSpan
numbersix_99
IPKI$$
mfrendo
transformers2
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
21 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread

Post by Buscemi Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 am

Words are words. You have the fucking rights to shout fire in a theatre. Whether you are going to do it is another right (I suggest that you do it if the film is a piece of shit or you've got a grudge against someone else).

And I bet that I could take the paddle that I was supposedly spanked with and shove it up your ass, Geezer. The pain of getting something shoved up your ass is always worse than being spanked.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:48 am

Because getting spanked is awesome.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:40 am

Buscemi wrote:Words are words. You have the fucking rights to shout fire in a theatre.

Wow, you really are fucking stupid.

Buscemi wrote:And I bet that I could take the paddle that I was supposedly spanked with and shove it up your ass, Geezer. The pain of getting something shoved up your ass is always worse than being spanked.

So apparently you've experienced both? Good for you, but keep it to yourself buddy.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:53 am

I dare you to try that Busc
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:31 am

May I just say, that it's discussions like this that make me hate other movie forums...I thought this place was different. Until recently, we've been a community of differing, albeit amicable opinions, but this has actually turned pretty ugly.

Boosh, you remind me a lot of myself when I was your age, and I like you(no homo)...and let me tell you from experience, if you know your shit, let them have it. But do yourself a favor and admit when you got nothing because once you prove you're a big mouthed idiot who just parrots off second-hand information, you'll never be able to save face and you can't re-earn respect. It doesn't really work that way.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 am

I agree. This is just not what this forum is about. We made a stand to continue on the community for what we believed in. And it was not this. I know Boussh has a tendency to irritate a lot of you on here, but can we just try and let it fly. And Boussh, seriously, for your own sake stop agitating everyone. I don't wanna come down all authoritarian because we are allowed to speak our mind on here. But sometimes just learn to back down.

We're all on this site for the same reason, but let's try and keep it friendly.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 am

What the fuck happened in here....

It went from discussing Back To The Future Part 3 to shouting fire in a theater to paddles being used as anal plugs and whatnot.

Very interesting, to say the least.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Krull 10/10

An absolute masterpiece. Visionary direction combined with stellar special effects makes for the most thrilling cinematic adventure I've ever been fortunate enough in which to take part. There are few films that I could ever categorize as Perfect but this is clearly one of them. In fact, this film may exceed our mortal understanding of "perfection." After finally experiencing this opus firsthand, the existence of other films seems unnecessary. The creation of new film seems redundant and futile. If it were up to me, movie theatres would be renamed "Krull Theatres" (or "Kruleatres" for short) and would only show Krull 24/7. Obviously, ticket prices would have to increase tenfold in order to properly recompense the creators (gods, I daresay) of this magnificent tale. Casting Bernard Bresslaw as Rell the Cyclops was nothing less than visionary. This fine young actor redefined the cyclops as an archetype yet made it his own all at once. Never again shall I discount the role of cyclops as a second-rate character. Speaking of which, Bresslaw's performance was matched only by Liam Neeson. His performance set a bar for the school of acting that no man (nor woman) has topped since.

An Idea Part 3: Same $h!t, Different Thread - Page 10 K23

There is a simple beauty to this film that cannot be conveyed in mere words. To experience Krull is to experience the divine.

Bravo, Peter Yates. Your masterful storytelling and your impeccable sense of style has won over my heart and my mind. Krull is the film to end all films. It is truly the thinking-man's Ice Pirates. Brav-fucking-Oh.
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 pm

So where will Krull Theaters' flagship be? Because I will try to be there.

And I will not shout fire in the theatre.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:18 pm

NSpan wrote:Krull 10/10

An absolute masterpiece. Visionary direction combined with stellar special effects makes for the most thrilling cinematic adventure I've ever been fortunate enough in which to take part. There are few films that I could ever categorize as Perfect but this is clearly one of them. In fact, this film may exceed our mortal understanding of "perfection." After finally experiencing this opus firsthand, the existence of other films seems unnecessary. The creation of new film seems redundant and futile. If it were up to me, movie theatres would be renamed "Krull Theatres" (or "Kruleatres" for short) and would only show Krull 24/7. Obviously, ticket prices would have to increase tenfold in order to properly recompense the creators (gods, I daresay) of this magnificent tale. Casting Bernard Bresslaw as Rell the Cyclops was nothing less than visionary. This fine young actor redefined the cyclops as an archetype yet made it his own all at once. Never again shall I discount the role of cyclops as a second-rate character. Speaking of which, Bresslaw's performance was matched only by Liam Neeson. His performance set a bar for the school of acting that no man (nor woman) has topped since.

There is a simple beauty to this film that cannot be conveyed in mere words. To experience Krull is to experience the divine.

Bravo, Peter Yates. Your masterful storytelling and your impeccable sense of style has won over my heart and my mind. Krull is the film to end all films. It is truly the thinking-man's Ice Pirates. Brav-fucking-Oh.

So, are you saying you liked it?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:43 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

So, are you saying you liked it?

He sounds a little underwhelmed to me
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Dude, I haven't seen Krull in years. I love that movie. Fucking flying horses, a Cyclops, a cool throwing star weapon, etc. Why don't I own that fucking movie?!?!

Thanks for the reminder N-Span.

BTW; I like getting spanked, sadly I usually have to pay an extra 40 bucks for that in Vegas. Wink
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Donte77 wrote:

BTW; I like getting spanked, sadly I usually have to pay an extra 40 bucks for that in Vegas. Wink

That's cause you're going to the wrong parts of Vegas
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Pff.. Go to LA, the police will do it for free. Wink
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 pm

But it will hurt in the long run.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 am

Is it weird to spank yourself?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:34 am

Yes. Yes it is.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Unless you're just warming yourself up for a better, sexier spanking.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 pm

I like to think of myself as THE better sexier spanking. Smile Plus I know just how hard to smack. Wink

Wow this conversation took a weird turn.

But since I haven't seen any new movies I have nothing on topic to say.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Couple of more quick hits

The Goods: Live Hard Sell Hard 6.5/10

One of those shut your brain off kind of movies. Had it's funny moments and its slow moments. Not really something I would have expected to see Ving Rhames in as he was pretty much going through the motions and definitely too much overacting by Ed Helms. Piven was Piven - Pretty much the same guy he's been in every role since PCU, and James Brolin, really??? Is being kept by Barbara so bad that you needed to go out and take this role?

Sunshine Cleaning 7/10 Another one of those not great but good movies. Really nice performances by both Adams and Blunt and a little too much of Arkin trying to recapture his great performance in Little Miss Sunshine.

If the weather's as bad as it's supposed to be this weekend, will be seeing Adam on Sunday and Taking Woodstock on Monday
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:31 am

Saw Max Payne on HBO couple of days ago. Was just as bad as i remembered,
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:38 am

Inglourious Basterds: 9/10

Not as good as Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs or Kill Bill. Had its flaws but had way more awesome moments. I don't see what all the fuss is about. The film is quintessential Tarantino. He did what he does, and I'm sure he had fun with it. I had fun watching this master at his craft. And Brad Pitt was absolutely amazing. I wish he had more screen time, and wish they went deeper into Shoshana's story. One of the most suspenseful films I've ever watched though. Slots into third place for the year for me behind Up and District 9.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 am

Tarantino did shoot a lot more footage than what ended up in the film (in fact, the Cannes version runs five minutes shorter and contains several scenes not in the theatrical version). Perhaps this will end up on the DVD.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:45 am

However, I do feel the movie was a little long and to include more scenes with The Basterds without cutting other scenes out may have hurt the movie. And if you did cut out some of the other scenes then that too may have been detrimental to the entire movie. Oh to be an editor....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:48 am

Yeah, I think the whole scene at the bar could have been cut down substantially. I wasn't a big fan of it. Also, any scene with Frederick could have been cut down and it should have focused more on Shoshana and her life, rather than her dealing with this pest.

But who am I to question Tarantino.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next