The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official New Trailers Thread

+15
MisterInformative
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
becs
IPKI$$
undeadmonkey
W
J.I.
A_Roode
Donte77
transformers2
Buscemi
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by becs Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Buscemi wrote:Becs, do you not remember how much Scream made?

I don't think I've ever requested my theatre bring in a movie, but living in the city I don't really have to, but if I did it would be for a movie I actually wanted to see, not one I expect to make money.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

The Official New Trailers Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official New Trailers Thread

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Freddy is the only 'movie killer' that has ever truly really freaked me out (I'm guessing this has alot to do with me watching one of the Nightmares when I was 5!) so I will definitely be watching the new one.

Black Dynamite also looks like it could be a sleeper hit, or at the very least a cult favorite.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 pm

The new nightmare looks like it could be a solid remake, but I'll be seeing it because I fucking love Katie Cassidy.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Barca i had the exact same thought about Black Dynamite i think it has cult fave written all over it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:49 am

Here are the trailers that will be on prints of The Invention of Lying:

Pirate Radio
The Box
Sherlock Holmes
It's Complicated
Everybody's Fine
Good Hair (not sure why...)
The Tooth Fairy (only new trailer this week, except for A Nightmare on Elm Street which is already online)
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:29 am

The Tooth Fairy Trailer 1

Ehhh, looks like a typical dumb high concept Disney movie. Hopefully The Rock can elevate the material, like he did with The Game Plan.

BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am

So, were Billy Crystal and Julie Andrews that desperate for money?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:27 pm

It sure looks like it, although Andrews is also in Despicable Me next year.

Up In The Air Trailer 2

Still looks like probably the best movie of the end of the year, it may be that rare Oscar hit that also hits big with general audiences.

The Crazies Trailer 1

Just another zombie/infected movie, but that song during the 2nd half of the trailer is a great fit. The use of that song kinda makes me want to see it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:08 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Just another zombie/infected movie, but that song during the 2nd half of the trailer is a great fit. The use of that song kinda makes me want to see it.

That would be Gary Jules' "Mad World". The song has been used on popular American TV shows, such as Without A Trace (Season Two Episode One, "The Bus"), ER, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and was used in a trailer for the game Gears of War. It was also covered last year on American Idol (fabulously) by runner-up Adam Lambert.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:44 am

The best version of Mad World is still the Tears for Fears version.

Trailers shown before prints of Capitalism and Zombieland:

Capitalism: A Love Story:
-Amelia
-Oceans
-The Box
-The Men Who Stare At Goats
-Law Abiding Citizen

Zombieland:
-The Twilight Saga: New Moon
-The Nightmare Before Christmas (a two-year old trailer, believe it or not)
-Saw VI (a thirty-second "TV spot" trailer)
-2012 (new trailer)
-Legion
-A Nightmare On Elm Street

New Moon: Vampires in the Vatican? Seriously? Looks like Stephenie Meyer has fucked up the vampire genre even more than she did the last time.

Saw VI: it looks the same as the last ones. In fact, the tagline is the same as the last one.

2012: Why does this trailer remind me of Terminator Salvation and Hancock?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:

That would be Gary Jules' "Mad World". The song has been used on popular American TV shows, such as Without A Trace (Season Two Episode One, "The Bus"), ER, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and was used in a trailer for the game Gears of War. It was also covered last year on American Idol (fabulously) by runner-up Adam Lambert.

Its also the theme song of Donnie Darko. Can't believe no one mentioned that,probably the most notable and impactful of its uses.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:26 am

Finally, a trailer for The Messenger:

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:46 am

I find it odd that Adam Yauch's company is distributing a war film.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:26 am

New trailers this week:

Up In The Air #3
Date Night

Both will be on prints of Couples Retreat. Nothing new on P.A. or Good Hair.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Buscemi wrote:I find it odd that Adam Yauch's company is distributing a war film.

I don't really think it's odd...Check his track record. The Beastie Boys, and especially Yauch, are very socially active...He has been one of the most vocal opponents of the war in Iraq since it was still just in talks. And this movie actually looks amazing to me, I can't wait to see it.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:23 am

Hachiko: A Dog's Tale

This is actually an older trailer (from May) but I decided to post it anyway since the film has a theatrical release date in December. Honestly, the trailer is pretty bad (it has a straight-to-video feel but this is probably because this trailer was done for a forthcoming video release by Sony) but the story seems good. Also, Richard Gere and Joan Allen as the lead actors should help it.

Meanwhile, here is footage from the original Hachiko (from 1987) reedited as a tribute to the real Hachiko. Yes, this film is based on a true story that occurred in 1920's Japan.

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:08 am

I posted that already over a month ago...
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:11 am

So you did. I must have missed that.

I also watched the Japanese trailer for the film. That does a better job of telling you the story (also, it contains a bit of a twist not in the US trailer).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:22 am

Here are a couple of trailers that (I think) haven't been posted yet.

Comingsoon.net actually has this movie coming to theaters on 1/1/10, if you can believe it:

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:10 am

YiR was already posted, but looks hilarious. It looks like one of the few Cera films that will be good. Zach G and Fred Willard should be worth watching alone.

Case 39 = same old, same old retelling of The Omen/Bless the Child/etc.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:21 am

Case 39 reminds me of The People Under The Stairs with a bit of Orphan thrown in (despite the fact that Case 39 has been completed since 2006).

Here were trailers shown before Whip It and the Toy Story double feature.

Whip It:
Fantastic Mr. Fox (new trailer)
When In Rome
The Blind Side
The Book Of Eli

Toy Story Double Feature:
Where The Wild Things Are
Astro Boy (new trailer)
Planet 51
A Christmas Carol (new 3-D trailer)
Toy Story 3

The new trailer for Fantastic Mr. Fox consists mostly of critical blurbs but it has some new (and mostly humorous) footage.

When In Rome looks dumb and I can see why it was pushed back from the summer to January.

The Book Of Eli looks like the movie that I Am Legend and Terminator Salvation wanted to be.

The new Astro Boy trailer explains the plot better than the first two trailers. Also, the little kids in the audience loved the bit with guns coming out from Astro Boy's ass.

A Christmas Carol's new trailer gets its job done despite a few too many "Bah, humbug" usages.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:16 am

Case 39 reminds me of The People Under The Stairs with a bit of Orphan thrown in (despite the fact that Case 39 has been completed since 2006).

First movie to lead off the year is always a horror movie. And it ALWAYS flops. One Missed Call, The Unborn, need I go on? I appreciate Renee Z doing something that isn't a period dramedy, but it won't really help. I bet it'll do half its total output in its first three days, before the New Year's Holiday finally ends and life returns to normal.

The new trailer for Fantastic Mr. Fox consists mostly of critical blurbs but it has some new (and mostly humorous) footage.

Okay, I'm starting to get turned around on this film. I hated the first trailer, but now it's gotten my attention.

When In Rome looks dumb and I can see why it was pushed back from the summer to January.

I doubt even Reese Witherspoon could have pulled this one off. And I like Kristen, but she's not Reese.

The Book Of Eli looks like the movie that I Am Legend and Terminator Salvation wanted to be.

Wow, a compliment regarding a Denzel movie?! It's been a long time since I've heard one of those from you, Buscemi!

The new Astro Boy trailer explains the plot better than the first two trailers. Also, the little kids in the audience loved the bit with guns coming out from Astro Boy's ass.

And yet, I can count on one hand the number of players who have it in ANY of the leagues.

A Christmas Carol's new trailer gets its job done despite a few too many "Bah, humbug" usages.

Well, jeez, it's one of the first-ever literary "catch-phrases", of course they're going to highlight it.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 am

The new Toy Story 3 trailer looks pretty cool but I think the jokes seemed to fall flat. Will be there opening day.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 am

I saw these trailers before Paranormal Activity:

Saw VI (different "TV spot" trailer)
The Fourth Kind
The Lovely Bones
Legion
Shutter Island (new trailer)

The Saw VI trailer is basically "same old, same old" to me.

The new Shutter Island trailer is similar to the old one but it deletes the mystery of 67 and goes straight into DiCaprio on the case. Also, it has the February 2010 date at the end.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:02 am

Trailers Before Zombieland

New Moon
Saw VI
Shutter Island
The Wolfman
Legion

The New Shutter Island trailer is awesome cant wait for that one. New Moon as expected looks awful. Legion also looks like complete shit. The Wolfman and 2012 trailers i had seen previously and they both look alright.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next