The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

+15
numbersix_99
W
packpaljs
NSpan
mfrendo
becs
A_Roode
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Keyser Soze
JackO
brockman81
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread Empty The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:42 am

This thread is for all discussion for any and all TV shows' latest episodes. Come together and bicker about if the island exists in an alternate universe, or if Izzie and Alex will get married this season, or how Matt Parkman's baby is relevant. Discuss it all people!!!!

To make it a little easier, please post what show you're talking about at the top of your post, bolded or underlined or whatever. So we don't get all mixed up...

I would start but I'm missing tonight's Heroes actually right now, so DVR..... [Scorpion voice] GET OVER HERE!!! [/Scorpion voice]

And......GO!
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:47 am

Family Guy: Stewie brings the Star Trek: The Next Generation cast to his house while Brian's atheism is truly revealed.

What I learned: Patrick Stewart is an expert on sponges, Michael Dorn loves the McDLT, Quahog is the East Coast Bible Belt, Kirk Cameron is a creepy dick and Brian is a lot like Donte.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread Empty Re: The Official "What Happened Last Night" TV Thread

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:25 pm

House: Mos Def has "locked-in" syndrome, wherein he can only move his eyes. Saved by House from organ harvesting at a different hospital (House was in a motorcycle accident), he is transferred to PPTH. Foreman is still boring. Thirteen is still hot. Eventually Kumar discovers the guy was infected with a disease caused by rat pee. Mos Def recorvers.

Chuck: Yvonne Strahovski is still smokin' hot, and she was damn near replaced by a bitchy (but sexy) ice queen. Chuck is reunited with his long-lost dad (who we'll find out next week is Scott Bakula).

Heroes: Sylar and Emile strike an evil bargain; together they hunt down supers, kill them, Sylar steals their powers. Nathan and Claire take a trip down Mexico way. Peter and Mama Petrelli take cover from government agents in a church, and then found, but HRG lets them go.

24: Jack is infected with nerve agent, which has a 100% fatality rate. (Oh-oh...) The FBI storms Starkwood's compound looking for the WMD, but were let on a goose chase by the CSI:Miami guy, who fed a red herring to Almeida. (Sucker...)

Medium: Allison becomes a human lie detector after watching one of those game shows where you have to tell the truth to win money. She uses this to nab an interracial couple who offed a couple of home invaders, and then another couple who witnessed the event.

Yeah, I had a lot of free time last night...
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:42 pm

How dare you watch TV when there are updates to be made for our leagues!!! Twisted Evil

btw, i was joking...
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 am

The Big Bang Theory:

One of my favorite episodes ever so far. I loved how Penny was threatened by another hot female doing what she does to the guys and making her see how messed up it is. And I cannot stop watching mostly because of hot Kaley Cucuo (sp) is and how funny Sheldon is. It's really picked up recently too, which is good because it was becoming a chore to watch the show every week for awhile.

Dollhouse:

Is it just me or has this show been getting better and better with each episode? Eliza Dushku is a terrific actress, and while she's not exactly showing range here, it's cool to see her in different get-ups and situations every week. I loved Patton Oswalt's cameo two weeks ago, it's nice to see another side of why people use the Dollhouse. Very cool to see the tough as nails British boss lady acting all loopy, even if the whole episode seemed like a letdown compared to the previous one. And how many actives can they really have? It seems like eventually they'll reveal the Detective to be an active, it looks like he's the only one left who isn't.

Still have to watch Monday's Heroes...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Lie to Me: This was one of the slowest episodes yet since it was light on the crime fighting and more on character development. However I felt it was long overdue. Here we have Brightman who has a multitude of issues walking around like he owns the place, and yet he participate sin the same things that he catches people on. Anyways, it was nice to see the people who work for the company under the microscope instead. I just hope it doesn't distract too much from the work they are doing. Anyways, I'd rate the episode a 6/10.

Reno 911!: I liked the beginning. It had me from the start. However, I am not feeling the new recruits at all. Maybe because so much time had passed and I grew up a little. A lot of the jokes didn't make me laugh even though they were in the same style as previous seasons. I think I just need to give it more time. Jonah Hill was in it and his skit was funny. But that's I really remember. I'd give this episode a 5/10.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Life on Mars Series Finale

Was anyone else but me watching this show? I thought it did a really good job in the first 50 minutes of making you think they were really going to wrap this up well, then came the last 10 minutes. I don't know if the writers were so pissed off that the show had been canceled that they just decided to say Fuck it and piss all of us off too, but that had to be the worst fucking piece of garbage I have ever seen. I'd really love to know what their real ending was supposed to be because this sure couldn't have been it. Not only was it stupid, but it now makes me pissed off that I spent all of that time watching it originally.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:45 pm

ER: it ended. Wasn't it supposed to end last season?

(And no, I didn't watch it.)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:18 am

Saw The Reno 911! from Wednesday very funny proably an 8/10 the bit with Jones and one of the new guys buying drugs was hillarious and the KKK guy always makes me laugh.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:30 am

Dollhouse:

Fantastic episode, even it was all a little misleading. Eliza Dushku continues to impress me and this is easily my favorite new show of the year, along with Castle.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:47 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Dollhouse:

Fantastic episode, even it was all a little misleading. Eliza Dushku continues to impress me and this is easily my favorite new show of the year, along with Castle.

Dollhouse is my favorite new show too. Too bad that it looks like its going to get cancelled considering the ratings
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:38 am

undeadmonkey wrote:
BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Dollhouse:

Dollhouse is my favorite new show too. Too bad that it looks like its going to get cancelled considering the ratings

Well it seems like Fox was pushing for it to fail, putting it on Friday nights and as the middling Terminator show as a lead-in. It really is a great show too, hopefully Sci-Fi or AMC will pick it up if Fox drops it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 am

They put it up against 'Supernatural' too which, I admit, is no ratings powerhouse ... but still. Essentially trying to split an already pretty niche audience.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Well since I watch tv pretty much exclusively online, I can only assume the latest eps up on Hulu are in fact the most recent, so -

RE: Lie to Me - Really enjoy this show, but I would probably be willing to watch Tim Roth sit in a chair for an hour a week, he's so awesome. It was a slow week in both this show and dollhouse but both provided some of the deepest character insights of the season to date.
Lightman is basically composed all the time, always has a fully developed plan in mind, so for the first time we see him unravel a little bit and go off course. It definitely stuck me as intensely personal, which is something that doesn't come off well on tv very often.
I would definitely say, this show and House have two of the most stellar ensemble casts on tv, and both are comprised of primarily little known actors with a single strong leading man. I look forward to both each week.

RE: Dollhouse - Yea, this week's episode was a bit cheap honestly, but again provided a peek into the the true identities of the main characters.
I will be so bummed if it gets dropped, but Fox is pretty much doing it a disservice as it is, I would like to think another network would pick it up as you say, it certainly has the online following to keep it worthwhile.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Fox is just the worst when it comes to TV shows. I'm not sure if he was forced or what, but I'm surprised Joss Whedon went to Fox again after they blew the Firefly TV show.

I didn't know Dollhouse was doing that bad. I love the show...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 pm

I originally thought Lie To Me was an attempt to relaunch the failed game show The Moment Of Truth from last summer.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Well, they've had both Arrested Development and Firefly, which were extremely short lived and have massive cult followings after being cancelled and also movies (assuming the AD movie sees the light of day). They also cancelled Family Guy TWICE, but in that case realized the error of their ways and renewed the series both times. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if they jump the gun and dump Dollhouse after only 1 season because of the poor time slot they gave it.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Wow. Didn't see this one coming. Last night on House, Kal Penn's character, Lawrence Kutner, kills himself. And Meat Loaf guest stars as a dying man whose wife starts dying too. She actually does DIE, but he gets better. Pretty depressing episode all around.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 pm

So I haven't seen the episode yet but apparently this wasn't some sudden decision to oust Kal Penn, sadly he is off to pursue a political career... do I sense the legalization of marijuana on the horizon?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/04/07/2009-04-07_actor_kal_penns_surprise_suicide_on_hous.html
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 am

i was slightly saddened to hear that Kal Penn doesn't smoke...
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:57 pm

ARGH! So, I hopped on hulu this weekend to watch House, steeled myself for the inevitable... annnnd nothing. I spent an hour on the edge of my seat ready for the news of Kutner's suicide at any moment, but as it turns out House is a full 8 days behind on Hulu, so I have to wait a bit more before the episode will be available. That said, Mos Def did a decent job on the episode I did watch, despite his annoying slurred speech.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:42 am

Just watched The Office and confused by the ending. Don't want to give too much away to anyone who hasn't watched it yet but what happened with Charles?
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 am

Was going to watch the latest episode of LOST, got all ready with my PJs and popcorn, got annoyed waiting for my brother to get ready to watch, it started..... AND it's a review episode!! I dont understand why they have to have these episodes every few months. The fans that watch the show know what's going on and the ones that dont wont know that there is a catch-up episode on anyway. GAHH!!! hmmm, maybe this should go in the rant section....
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:07 am

Especially in this day in age when so many people have DVR, most people record there favorite shows anyway and can watch them at there disclosure so I agree. No need for a review. Plus I don't watch Lost but can't you watch the first episode and then every 5 after and pretty much be up to speed. Ha!
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:18 am

packpaljs wrote: Plus I don't watch Lost but can't you watch the first episode and then every 5 after and pretty much be up to speed. Ha!

Honestly, yes there isnt a lot that happens regarding the island every episodes, but the show is character driven. Most every episode focuses on certain character and its about their past or future and let me tell you there are some damn entertaining characters. There is enough forward plot movement every episode to keep you hooked though, i think so anyway.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next