The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is Official. We no longer exist!

+11
MisterInformative
Synestro
NSpan
Buscemi
becs
Shrykespeare
Swedgin!
silversurfer19
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
Donte77
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It is Official.  We no longer exist! Empty It is Official. We no longer exist!

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 am

As of this morning fantasy moguls movie game no longer exists.

The website has been changed and I assume the content expunged and deleted. We are no longer able to log into our studios, see the slates, or see our studio history. That section of the homepage has been erased and a "Whats New" section is in its place.

The message board is also gone. The boards that Brenda told us personally would be up indefinitely are now gone. Granted we did not use them anymore. Why would we? We were given virtually no notice of our hobby going extinct and were simply given a tiny notice that they were closing us down in a week. And the use of the word "indefinitely" was what is known as spin. There are two accepted definitions of the word indefinite. The first, and the one we all assumed, is a length of time without a definite ending. The one that was the truth was a different definition of indefinite. It was "unclear or vague" and this is also defines what the message to us was. To say that the message boards will be up indefinitely implies that they would be in use. What Brenda actually meant was that "We will leave them up for about a month and then just erase that content without notice."

There is nothing we can do except to continue on our own. Fantasy Moguls Movie game is gone and now nonexistant. The Fantaverse lives on.

One last thing before I end this. I know that some of you are very nice people and I accept that. I am glad to know you in all your personal moral goodness. We need all of you positive happy people in the world to counteract the assholes like me.

BUT I hope the entire company goes bankrupt within a year or two. It would make me feel good inside, give me warm fuzzies, and make my testicles tingle with titillation. I have no desire to play fantasy sports. To me it is rather boring and idiotic, more for stupid people who were picked last in gym class to feel like they are a part of the athletic world. Sure, I understand that there are lots of people who love doing it. Good for them. There are lots of people who have sex with animals also. Doesn't mean I want to know about it.

If the company goes broke and the former powers that be end up on the street blowing guys for crack money, I would consider believing in religion or at least Karma. Smile I would even consider downloading a video of Brenda with a dick in each hole.

But I wouldn't pay for it...

Twisted Evil
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

It is Official.  We no longer exist! Empty Re: It is Official. We no longer exist!

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:08 am

Donte,

While I will disagree with you on your feelings about fantasy sports (Been doing them since you were still in elementary school, and believe me, there are folks that think what we're doing here fits your description of fantasy sports participants), I can't agree with your feelings more about what should happen to the Atomic Moguls folks. If he really did exist, I would have no problem with Keyser Soze paying a visit to their offices as well as their homes, and your desires for the officers as well as Brenda don't seem strong enough.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

It is Official.  We no longer exist! Empty Re: It is Official. We no longer exist!

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:14 am

Donte, I love you. Not in a homosexual way or anything, but I have a deep admiration for you as a human being. I too, hope the company goes bankrupt, because well, they don't deserve to exist. This is the definition of "selling out." They abandoned those that made them successful in the first place to go on to do what everyone else in the business already does. It's the state of America and that is very sad. They did something unique, and I respect them for doing it, very much. And then they just abandoned it and took a shit all over their fans. I happen to be someone who loves fantasy sports. What these people do make a mockery of fantasy sports. I don't know one person that plays on their stupid fantasy sports shit. I have said it before and I will say it again, fantasy sports done right is awesome, but the people that do it right are yahoo and espn. Why the fuck would you want to compete with those huge competitors that are already so far ahead of what you are trying to do.

My point is, that our wish may actually come true. As I don't see the next wave of fantasy players being drawn in by Atomic Moguls, when any self respecting fantasy sports player will use an actual credited service that knows what the fuck they are doing. The fantasy sports that "Atomic Moguls" has put together looks like it could have been thrown together by two retarded monkeys while they were drunk and blindfolded, hanging upside down and sucking dick for crack.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 am

I'm with you all the way Donte, although I get the impression Brenda is not somebody I would like to see in any kind of sexual position... Shocked

Atomic Moguls can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Nico pointed out that there were some guys there who were like us, and I'm sure the likes of Funktastic was one of them, but the powers that be can rot away in a stinking hobbit hole for the 'indefinite' (using that word from its proper definition) future. They cared little for us and would rather continue on with another sports game which is neither unique or of interest even to most sports players. FM had something else, and they blew it, and so we will continue to thrive here.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 am

Well, damn. Figgered it'd happen like this, and sooner than expected, but...

[Sigh] I have learned, over the course of a very trying couple of years, that the only constant feature of this plane of existence is its inconstancy. Everything born into it dies, every thing eventually surrenders to the twinned forces of entropy and apathy. Except at the most basic and metaphysical level, nothing lasts. Even the Universe will one day evaporate into incoherent vapor or contract into a blinding maelstrom singularity.

But just remember: Change may be unavoidable, but it need not be undesirable. As something ceases, another begins, and as breath departs one body, it is infused into another. The Fantaverse continues, no longer beholden to the fickle and fallible beings who created it. It is now fully, irrevocably, OURS, and with that should come not only a massively sobering feeling of responsibility, but also a terrifically liberating drive to create, innovate and nurture.

In short, we're still here.

One day, the human race will board starships and depart this dying world, en route to a new destiny among the stars, perhaps a new planet. Our sun may be swollen and fill the boiling sky; the seas may be bubbling vats of rot and pus; the land may be scorched and frozen. But we will survive. We may not always have Paris... But we may yet remember it. I for one, wish Brenda & co. all the best. They had a great idea, but failed to make it succeed. Been there. Done that. Bought the tee shirt.

Let's move on. We don't need a map to get this show on the road.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! EARTH_RISE
So long, and thanks for all the fish

P.S. Who DID turn out the lights?
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 am

[Sigh] I have learned, over the course of a very trying couple of years, that the only constant feature of this plane of existence is its inconstancy. Everything born into it dies, every thing eventually surrenders to the twinned forces of entropy and apathy. Except at the most basic and metaphysical level, nothing lasts. Even the Universe will one day evaporate into incoherent vapor or contract into a blinding maelstrom singularity.
Swedgin! says as he paints himself blue and draws a hydrogen atom on his forehead.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:26 am

Jeez, such language, you guys! For talking with such callous disregard to Forum etiquette, I should report you all to the mod....

Shocked

Oh, erm, I mean, never mind. My bad. Carry on.

alien
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:29 am

Shrykespeare wrote:Jeez, such language, you guys! For talking with such callous disregard to Forum etiquette, I should report you all to the mod....

Shocked

Oh, erm, I mean, never mind. My bad. Carry on.

alien
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:30 am

Swedgin! says as he paints himself blue and draws a hydrogen atom on his forehead.
[Chuckle] So, so true. Props.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! 3667
Scientific progress goes "Foom"

P.S. How'd ya know I shaved my head lately? (Yes...really)
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:32 am

Though I am somewhat less bitter, I'm with your general sentiment. I find it incredibly ironic that we repeatedly came up with suggestions and ideas for our own monetary involvement the would have benefited the site not only in having some income from that players (albeit likely small) but also in creating unique and potentially traffic generating content! There is no way they could have attached a feed or pricing scheme to Fantasy Sports games, and still been able to compete in the market, let alone have the users propose ways to give them money. Overall its clear we gave them alot more of ourselves than they gave us, despite the hearfelt writings of Shryke and Nico-Swedge, TPTB just weren't on our side.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:33 am

geezer9687 wrote:

Geez,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Watchmen obsessed. Now that you have finished it, do you wonder why they even make other comic books?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:42 am

becs, I'd love to argue with you, but I'm not sure I'd have the right of it. (And, as everybody knows, I ONLY EVER argue when I'm right... LOL!)

It is Official.  We no longer exist! 158-large
Oh, oh, I'm sorry... but this is ABUSE.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:47 am

Well, I have to admit that it was the first that I have ever actually read. I have to say, at first, I wasn't too big on how it ended, but the more I think about it and "get it," (and have had thorough discussions of the book with my brother, who is also obsessed) the more I like it. Overall, yes, it was an incredible book, and may or may not lead me to reading other graphic novels. But right now I am just hoping that when they finally do release the movie, they don't fuck it up by changing anything. I mean, in my opinion, the book plays itself out so well to be made into a movie (given the proper technology) that it seems almost impossible to screw up, but it obviously would have to be a pretty damn long movie. I just hope that reading the novel doesn't ruin my film-going experience. I was going to wait til after it came out to read it, as I wanted to have a fresh opinion of the movie, but with all the talk of moving the film back, I just couldn't wait that long. Regardless of how I feel about the movie though, I'm glad I read it, as it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

And now, we wait...
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 am

It's like what Rambo said, "Fuck the world".
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Donte,

While I will disagree with you on your feelings about fantasy sports (Been doing them since you were still in elementary school, and believe me, there are folks that think what we're doing here fits your description of fantasy sports participants), I can't agree with your feelings more about what should happen to the Atomic Moguls folks. If he really did exist, I would have no problem with Keyser Soze paying a visit to their offices as well as their homes, and your desires for the officers as well as Brenda don't seem strong enough.

Yeah but I never said I was logical, just arrogant and full of delusion of grandeur. Simple truth of my life and brain; I am better than them. Very Happy

If they had been about fantasy sports, tried fantasy movies, failed, and then went back to sports I would be much more lenient. But as Geez pointed out they started with us and then we were dropped when they thought they could make more money by copying everybody else rather than doing anything original. This is the problem with america (well one of many) and has been for decades. It isn't about quality or pride or respect or originality. It is about money. And to the people who neglect all other things in the face of money;

Eat a cock. A big cock. A dirty syphilis AND herpes infested, warty, crusty, bleeding pus, and seeping blood fat deformed cock of a Hills Have Eyes looking inbred.

Happy New Year!
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:10 am

Swedgin! wrote:

But just remember: Change may be unavoidable, but it need not be undesirable. As something ceases, another begins, and as breath departs one body, it is infused into another. The Fantaverse continues, no longer beholden to the fickle and fallible beings who created it. It is now fully, irrevocably, OURS, and with that should come not only a massively sobering feeling of responsibility, but also a terrifically liberating drive to create, innovate and nurture.

In short, we're still here.

Aww Nic err Rick err Swedgie, thats why I love ya. Always so happy and full of puppy dogs and rainbows. Smile I see dead puppies and rainbows created on the ocean from an oil spill.

To quote everybody's favorite dead clown, "You complete me."

And to Geez. I understand and if we ever happen to be in a hotel spooning and one of us wakes up with our hand between two pillows before we jump screaming from the bed yelling "Those aren't pillows,", I won't think twice before asking you "How about them Bears?"

Smile
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 am

I have to say, at first, I wasn't too big on how it ended, but the more I think about it and "get it," (and have had thorough discussions of the book with my brother, who is also obsessed) the more I like it.
I had much the same experience the first couple of times I read Watchmen. I remember thinking, Well, this is kinda silly. Twenty years later, I fully appreciate the "twist," in all its sick and improbable glory.

...[R]ight now I am just hoping that when they finally do release the movie, they don't fuck it up by changing anything. I mean, in my opinion, the book plays itself out so well to be made into a movie (given the proper technology) that it seems almost impossible to screw up...
Erm. Hm. Not sayin' nuthin'.

...but it obviously would have to be a pretty damn long movie.
Last I heard, the theatrical version is clocking in at right around 150 minutes, not nearly enough in my opinion, and lacking a few sequences that were filmed, and will be included on a future DVD release. (Though, I heard that about the multimillion-dollar Krypton Rubble sequence from Superman Returns, too...) But, then again, I am beginning to despair of seeing Watchmen in its current form ANYTIME soon...

There's a column posted yesterday on the SliceofSciFi blog that echoes some of the nasty possibilities I've been positing...

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/01/06/what-could-the-fall-out-from-a-watchman-delay-be/

...and takes it even further, tossing out the potential of a delay of up to two and a half years, not to mention the particularly nasty thought that Zack Snyder's vision might never see the light of day. Although I've mentioned that disastrous result, myself, I still think it's a long shot, but the fact that other people out there are beginning to think along similiar lines makes my teeth itch. I hate being right sometimes. (Thank God, it doesn't happen all that often.)

I just hope that reading the novel doesn't ruin my film-going experience. I was going to wait til after it came out to read it, as I wanted to have a fresh opinion of the movie, but with all the talk of moving the film back, I just couldn't wait that long.
Good choice. Plus, my own experience has been that if I wait to read source material until AFTER I've seen the film version, then no matter how much time has passed or how clear my mind is, the images and sounds and sensations in my head always manage to default to what I've already seen and experienced. Whereas, if I read the original work BEFORE seeing the film, I am able to overcome my prejudices better, and am even more pleased when what is presented onscreen actually manages to dovetail with my own narrow interpretation.

Regardless of how I feel about the movie though, I'm glad I read it, as it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Good attitude. Now, go and pick up a copy of Maus or Y: The Last Man.

ETA: More reponses...

...I never said I was logical, just arrogant and full of delusion of grandeur.
I keep my delusions to those of mediocrity. Fewer disappointments.

Simple truth of my life and brain; I am better than them.

I'm reminded of the mythical Citizen Dick album title, Smarter than You.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! Citzdick-790358

It isn't about quality or pride or respect or originality. It is about money. And to the people who neglect all other things in the face of money...
Well, to paraphrase Rockhound, Not to be the materialistic weasel of this group, but I manage, myself, to neglect quite a few things in the face of money, or its pursuit, anyway: Exercise. Entertainment. Friends. Family. I'm not really in a position to throw stones, I guess.

Eat a cock. A big cock. A dirty syphilis AND herpes infested, warty, crusty, bleeding pus, and seeping blood fat deformed cock of a Hills Have Eyes looking inbred.
You must have them confused with Paulina Porizkova.

Aww...Swedgie, thats why I love ya. Always so happy and full of puppy dogs and rainbows. I see dead puppies and rainbows created on the ocean from an oil spill.
Hey, don't forget, I also talked about Creation alternately imploding or desintegrating. But I guess you're a glass-half-full kinda guy. [Ducking]

To quote everybody's favorite dead clown, "You complete me."
To quote Garth from Wayne's World: Fag.

And to Geez...if we ever happen to be in a hotel spooning...
And again: Fag.

...I won't think twice before asking you "How about them Bears?"
And I think I speak for EVERYONE here when I retort: "How 'bout them, bare?" ...And when I say, again: FAG.

And now, we wait
It is Official.  We no longer exist! Doomsday_Clock
Tick... tick

Last edited by Swedgin! on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 am

Wow, Donte. I am simultaneously emboldended, amused and uncategorically creeped out. You're a complicated cat, man.

I have an uncanny suspicion, however, that if were to delve deep into your pysche, at the very core of your nesting doll would be one of those mechanical cymbal-clanging monkeys.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:36 am

Donte77 wrote:
"How about them Bears?"

As Henry Lee Lucas said: "Fuck the Bears".
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:46 am

Shrykey! You got a face lift! (Man, there's a real trend developing 'round these parts, of abandoning the rattus rattus avatars, in favor of... What the Hell ARE you, now, anyway? Joe Biden?

It is Official.  We no longer exist! Kenny
Why, dinner's served, you dirty rat.

Wow... I am simultaneously emboldended, amused and uncategorically creeped out.
Me, I'm still barfing copiously.

I have an uncanny suspicion...that if were to delve deep into your pysche, at the very core of your nesting doll would be one of those mechanical cymbal-clanging monkeys.
Great. Now Shrykey wants to "delve deep" into Infernal. Fag.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! 956_large
Madagascar 3: Surrender to Passion
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:19 am

Shrykespeare wrote:Wow, Donte. I am simultaneously emboldended, amused and uncategorically creeped out. You're a complicated cat, man.

I have an uncanny suspicion, however, that if were to delve deep into your pysche, at the very core of your nesting doll would be one of those mechanical cymbal-clanging monkeys.

That is a very nice symbol (PUN!) but I think chugs would get upset since that is his avatar. I need a symbol that represents the following:

Annoying
Imbecilic
Disgusting
Creepy
Slightly Homosexual
Immoral
Hilarious
Sarcastic
and finally Useless

Hey I think I found one.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! BritNJacko
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:27 am

Swedgin! wrote:Shrykey! You got a face lift! (Man, there's a real trend developing 'round these parts, of abandoning the rattus rattus avatars, in favor of... What the Hell ARE you, now, anyway? Joe Biden?

Um, no, um... it's the Mayor of Who-ville. Little movie called Horton Hears a Who? Perhaps you've heard of it?
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:30 am

That is a very nice symbol (PUN!)...
Society demands that I groan and throw something heavy at you, but I'm too impressed and delighted. Props.

I need a symbol that represents the following: Annoying Imbecilic Disgusting Creepy Slightly Homosexual Immoral Hilarious Sarcastic and finally Useless
I'd encourage you to post a self-portrait, but you might take that as mean. [Grin]

Hey I think I found one.
Me, too:

It is Official.  We no longer exist! RussellBrand
I wish I knew how to kill you
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:37 am

Anyone else just keep refreshing the page, hoping someone makes the next post? Or am I the only one that pathetic?
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 am

Um, no, um... it's the Mayor of Who-ville. Little movie called Horton Hears a Who? Perhaps you've heard of it?
Erm, no, hm... it's... it's... Monty Python's Flying Circus snarkasm. ...Perhaps you've heard of it?

Anyone else just keep refreshing the page, hoping someone makes the next post? Or am I the only one that pathetic?
geez: To answer: Yes.

It is Official.  We no longer exist! Sarcasm-large
Operators are not standing by
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next