The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies Under the Influence

+8
numbersix_99
Keyser Soze
Buscemi
leestu
transformers2
thswrestler160
Donte77
aquamann2001
12 posters

Go down

Movies Under the Influence Empty Movies Under the Influence

Post by aquamann2001 Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Hey everyone just wanted to see if their are any others like me on here that partake in the wacky tabbaccy aka marijuana before watching movies.

aquamann2001
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Movies Under the Influence Empty Re: Movies Under the Influence

Post by Donte77 Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:50 pm

I don't smoke (anything) but I have had some interesting experiences watching movies on various substances in my youth.

About 8 years ago, I watched a terrible terrible movie while on acid and it messed me up. Movie was Big Money Hustlas. The combination of the terrible acting, clown make-up and trip gave me a weird jolt.

A couple years before that I watched Altered States the first time I tripped. I was hypnotized for 2 hours, sitting in a rocking chair and completely engulfed in that movie.

Boy I miss those younger crazy days...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by thswrestler160 Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 am

marijuana no but I did watch tron on a high dose of vicoden once I dont know if it gets much more trippy than that.

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:55 am

no i am a straightedge [no drugs,no drinking] but i have plenty of friends that do.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:53 am

Watching Pink Floyd's The Wall at an IMAX theatre was my most memorable "under the influence' movie experience. Apart from that special occasion I don't want to answer for fear of incriminating myself, however I might add that I very rarely watch a movie not 'under the influence' of something. It might be alcohol, or maybe just caffiene and nicotine. I'll leave it to your imagination.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 am

I would love to watch 2001 in the original Cinerama format while high. I've never done drugs before, but that is a goal of mine.

Hopefully in the next several years, they run 2001 in Cinerama at Los Angeles or Seattle and I can fulfill that wish.

I also bet that these are good trip films:
Woodstock
Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
Fantasia (too bad Disney won't reissue it any time soon)
the Rob Zombie scene in Beavis and Butt-head Do America
Speed Racer (dumb film but it was apparently made with stoners in mind)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 pm

transformers2 wrote:no i am a straightedge [no drugs,no drinking] but i have plenty of friends that do.

I find it funny that a kid who just turned 17 says "I don't drink or do drugs."

Just wait. I didn't until I turned about 19 either. You haven't been through enough life yet to swear off drugs just yet. Wait until you have bills and responsibility. Then you will need a beer. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm with Lee. Saw The Wall when it first opened while having partaken of some things that like to grow in moist dark places. Man, was that an experience.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Donte77 wrote:
transformers2 wrote:no i am a straightedge [no drugs,no drinking] but i have plenty of friends that do.

Just wait. I didn't until I turned about 19 either. You haven't been through enough life yet to swear off drugs just yet. Wait until you have bills and responsibility. Then you will need a beer. LOL

That is pretty funny and might be true. But i dont plan on it...yet Very Happy
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:55 pm

I don't recommend becoming a drunk either but sometimes it is nice to have a cocktail after work to unwind. LOL

I always find it funny how some drugs are looked at as negative and others seem perfectly fine in society's view. For the record, I have never been in a fight with a high person but I had to bodily throw out several people a week while I was a bartender. Except at the hippie jam band shows. The only time you had trouble then was if you ran out of Leinies for the smokers or water for the mdma dancing fools.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 am

Never taken anything beyond alcohol when watching a movie. I always suspected that I'd get lost in my own thoughts more than enter the world of the film. When drunk I just get sleepy and forget the movie entirely
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:13 am

Donte77 wrote:

Yeah I was the same way. I never drank before I was 19. Shit tends to happen where eventually you break down and go to it eventually (dumb bitch). Never done and other form of drug and don't plan on it, but like Donte says, I reach for a beer from time to time.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:48 am

geezer9687 wrote:
Donte77 wrote:

Yeah I was the same way. I never drank before I was 19. Shit tends to happen where eventually you break down and go to it eventually (dumb bitch). Never done and other form of drug and don't plan on it, but like Donte says, I reach for a beer from time to time.

Yea, that about how I was. I dabbled in my pre-early teens, but then full stop till I was about 20, out of college and in my first job.. at which point I started drinking pretty heavily after work every night.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm

In Ireland it's illegal to NOT drink once you're 12
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:00 pm

I I love you Ireland!!!

Those bastards know how to get drunk.

A friend of mine is itish (not real like 6 here but 3rd gen Irish American) and he can drink just about anybody under the table. I have seen him drink a case of beer in about 6-8 hours and be more sober than me after 6 beers.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:16 am

Try these out. They're awesome while you're stoned.

Apocalypto
Children of Men
Dead Man
El Topo
Event Horizon
The Happening
The Harry Potter Movies (especially Sorcerer's Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban)
Ang Lee's Hulk
Pan's Labyrinth
Snakes on a Plane

And the following three might sound like a good idea at the time, but please trust me and avoid them at all costs while UTI...HAHAHA!!!

A Clockwork Orange
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Videodrome
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:02 am

i think you would have to be high to enjoy The Happening and Ang Lee's Hulk lol.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 am

I mean, I watch both of them sober and still find them amazing, but they just blew my mind when I was stoned. Perhaps, had I seen them sober first, I wouldn't enjoy them as much. I always get my most honest reaction to a movie when I'm high because I am able to focus on the details better...It helps me to notice more subtle touches that I might not pick up on, so I always try to smoke a fat-ass blunt before I watch a movie for the first time. But ever since I got a haircut and a real job I've been doing both less than I would like. I might have to quit this job if it keeps impeding on my two favorite activites...
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:48 am

I think if I watched El Topo stoned I would easily fall asleep...it was pretty slow and confusing sober.

I did see Videodrome and Fear and Loathing under the influence a while back. Both were awesome, actually!
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:00 am

See, with El Topo, we watched it with the volume all the way down and the subtitles off with Physical Grafitti blasting in the background...So fucking incredible.

Videodrome and Fear and Loathing both made me bug out. To the point where I had to turn them off. I was with people too, and they all felt the same way.

For me, I find it's more fun to watch movies that are kind of out there but still mostly believable and grounded as opposed to straight mind fuck movies when high. My favorites are 2 1/2 hour long war epics and light Sci-Fi/Fantasy fare. I have to watch really fucked up movies with a clear mind or I might kill myself, I think.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:29 am

See, I was always able to watch fucked up movies fucked up fine, tho I love sci fi as well, when under. War epics not so much for me...

Some horror is great too. I remember back in the day watching Night Shift (the Ewan Macgregor version), Disturbing Behavior, etc. then later Emily Rose freaked me the fuck out when I saw it in that state.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 am

I don't know...Like I said, I like watching more subtle movies high. When I was on my own, my friends and I would hit Bong-Bak the High Warrior and sit around watching movies we had all seen dozens of times and for the most part thought were good, but nothing incredibly special. And we would try to tailor the experience to fit how we thought the movie should be veiwed. Like, turning down the volume and playing particular music in the background or for Magnolia everytime a scene changed to a new perspective we all switched seats so we could experience it from a different POV...And we started noticing things that none of us had ever picked up on before and probably aren't even that important, but it was fun. Like we'd watch something and go, "Man look at the way that guy's arm is...He's pissed off!" Or, "Holy shit! Check out that crazy shirt he's wearing!" I can get just as much enjoyment from watching a fair to poor movie under great circumstances as I can from watching a brilliant film. It's the power of Earth.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by aquamann2001 Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:15 am

I think you can't go wrong with a good comedy or a pixar or disney cartoon when under the influence.

aquamann2001
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:30 am

I've read on the Internet to never watch GoldenEye while on acid. Because if you do, you will probably throw up due to the fast action and editing.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 pm

IPKI$$ wrote:I mean, I watch both of them sober and still find them amazing, but they just blew my mind when I was stoned. Perhaps, had I seen them sober first, I wouldn't enjoy them as much. I always get my most honest reaction to a movie when I'm high because I am able to focus on the details better...It helps me to notice more subtle touches that I might not pick up on, so I always try to smoke a fat-ass blunt before I watch a movie for the first time. But ever since I got a haircut and a real job I've been doing both less than I would like. I might have to quit this job if it keeps impeding on my two favorite activites...

I get what your saying. You make a good point i was just screwing with you anyways. I just didnt like those two films but the other movies are on that list where good.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down