The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever

+18
A_Roode
aquamann2001
Shrykespeare
brockman81
silversurfer19
J.I.
Spectre
transformers2
Keyser Soze
thswrestler160
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
JackO
packpaljs
W
Buscemi
geezer9687
nickb1016
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

How will this weekend play out

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap26%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 21 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap16%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 13 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap16%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 13 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap2%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap20%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 16 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap2%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 81

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 Empty Re: The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever

Post by J.I. Sun May 24, 2009 1:28 am

JackO wrote:On her blog, there are some irregularities between Fox's lowballing and what rival studios think. Anyways, off to see NATM 2 in Imax.
Studios purposely lowball their own movies in the event that they were to bomb or if they breakout.

A few months ago I thight NatM2 was counter-programming to Terminator. And also good hold for Star Trek. Should drop in the mid 30's% for the 4-day.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever - Page 5 Empty Re: The most competitive weekend of the summer...maybe ever

Post by Buscemi Sun May 24, 2009 1:59 am

I read on Patrick Goldstein's (of the Los Angeles Times) blog that Fox is so low in their lowballing that the other studios have stopped paying attention to their projections.

Just some food for thought. Night At The Museum could be higher by Monday.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sun May 24, 2009 5:45 am

That's also why Finke hasn't updated her numbers since Friday afternoon. Wink
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Sun May 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Finke updated her blog, a good read, which she compares Terminator to Watchmen.

Some edited highlights:

Night at the Museum 2: Battle Of The Smithsonian - $15.3 million Friday & $20.6 million Saturday to easily win the 3-day weekend. The pic should finish the 4-day holiday with $70M.

Terminator: Salvation - $14.8 million both Friday and Saturday for a 3-day weekend of just $42M, $52M for the 4-day holiday and a cume of $62M for the 5 days.

Star Trek - $5.8M Friday and $8.7 Saturday, 3-Day 22.5M, 29M 4 day.

Angels & Demons - pic made $5.9M Friday and $8.3M Saturday, 3-day $22M, $27M 4 day.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun May 24, 2009 11:28 pm

Box Office Mojo estimates for the 3-day weekend (which is what will count in the standings):

1. NATM - $53.5M
2. T4 - $43.0M ($56.4M total)
3. Star Trek - $22.0M ($183.6M total)
4. A&D - $21.4M ($81.5M total)
5. Dance - $11.1M

PTA
1. NATM - 13,062
2. T4 - 12,184
3. Easy Virtue - 11,600
4. Summer Hours - 7,407
5. Bloom - 6,981
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon May 25, 2009 1:38 am

Summer Hours is now definitely worth its price
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon May 25, 2009 10:51 am

March is turning out to be an interesting month for geezer...

1. He back-loaded his slates in Box Office, choosing Wolverine, Angels & Demons and Terminator. This may not be enough to keep him out of the RZ in the FY tourney, and it definitely won't in the HY. Now, he happens to possess an IM in all four tournaments, but if this holds true, his streak of being the only Fantaversian to have entered all tournaments and NEVER tasted the RZ will have come to an end. (His streak of being the only one to NEVER having been eliminated, however, continues.)

2. Choosing Terminator turned out to be a good pick, as he vaults 1/2 point over Donte in the Blade Runner league with one week to go. Chugsthemonkey may make a late run from 7th place with both Up and Drag Me to Hell still to come, but he is on the cusp of winning another (frickin') Regulars league.

Good news, bad news. Had to happen eventually.

And in other news, my buddy Graywolf seems to have all but sewn up his first win EVER, as he now holds a commanding lead in the "Chasing Storms" Box Office league with one week to go.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brockman81 Mon May 25, 2009 7:45 pm

I see there's no numbers for The Girlfriend Experience huh? Anybody hear anything on it?
brockman81
brockman81
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 25, 2009 8:08 pm

That's what IM's are for! Can't win them all. Oh well, as long as I'm not eliminated. I took a risk and it backfired. Luckily, I can earn more IM's this year now that they have been used. Wish I could have gotten that second one already, damn rules.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 25, 2009 8:53 pm

brockman81 wrote:I see there's no numbers for The Girlfriend Experience huh? Anybody hear anything on it?

I saw $165,000 on opening weekend at Box Office Prophets.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Mon May 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Star Trek didn't fall on Sunday (well 0.2%) and only had a 31.8% drop for the 4-day.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 pm

J-Man wrote:Finke updated her blog, a good read, which she compares Terminator to Watchmen.

Great comparison, except Watchmen got great reviews while Terminator did not. Either way, people aren't interested in either.

Terminator will probably have the same OW/Total ratio of around 50% and it'll only end up with about $115, maybe up to $130 since it's in the summer. And that would be another huge flop for WB.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon May 25, 2009 11:00 pm

i am pretty shocked that Terminator isnt doing better. Oh well i was wrong again.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 26, 2009 2:30 am

Damn. Neither Terminator or NATM 2 were runaway winners or losers. I am just hoping for Kung Fu Panda type legs for NATM 2. It looks like Up won't be amazingly huge next week so there will room in the marketplace for the both of them. I think it will be like Star Trek's 2nd weekend vs. Angels and Demons. A 40% drop would put it at 33M which would defintely put it above Drag Me to Hell.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:

2. Choosing Terminator turned out to be a good pick, as he vaults 1/2 point over Donte in the Blade Runner league with one week to go. Chugsthemonkey may make a late run from 7th place with both Up and Drag Me to Hell still to come, but he is on the cusp of winning another (frickin') Regulars league.

What a prick. I am officially not a fan of Geezer's any longer. LOL 1/2 point wins over me are reserved for Barca only... Smile

JackO wrote:Damn. Neither Terminator or NATM 2 were runaway winners or losers. I am just hoping for Kung Fu Panda type legs for NATM 2. It looks like Up won't be amazingly huge next week so there will room in the marketplace for the both of them. I think it will be like Star Trek's 2nd weekend vs. Angels and Demons. A 40% drop would put it at 33M which would defintely put it above Drag Me to Hell.

I am pretty shocked that the numbers are this low for the weekend. I guess I fell for the hype. At least neither flopped completely, just didn't break the bank.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5