The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 8 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by numbersix_99 Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 am

Here's a very amsuing video by some band I don't know of, but they made the most bizarre pairing of Talking heads's David Byrne and rapper Dizzee Rascal. It took me a few seonds to "get it" at first. I think you know why:

numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 8 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by leestu Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:02 am

Great stuff six. I've got a lot of respect for Dizzie Rascal. He intrigues me.
And I liked Geezer's and Keyser's and DOnte's. Although I hadn't heard Donte's before, but I must have watched too many movies Wink because I guessed the punchline to the video early on.

Next I have for you an Australian singer/songwriter who doesn't get much commercial success but is VERY well respected by other musos down here and has been writing songs for ~25 years. His name is Paul Kelly.
This song is dedicated to those who are forced to spend Christmas away from their family and loved ones.

leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:05 am

Time to embarrass myself. Embarassed That last song gives me shivers down my spine and brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. Sad Crying or Very sad so here's another one of his to make you smile and laugh again.

leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:18 am

PK and The Messengers are one of faves as well guys. Thanks for posting thsoe two.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:22 am

Donte77 wrote:In honor of my last post here is my video/s for the day. Theory of a Deadman with No Surprise (They are a better canadian rock band than nickelback).

I love Theory of a Deadman, and when I tell people about them I always say there similar to Nickelback only better.
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:17 am

Do It

geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 am

Jeez, geez, if the Fantaverse is going to get Rickroll'd, at least do it right...

Beaker is the SHIT!!!!!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:18 am

The Irish Revolution is here!

Edit: well, the videos aren't working. They were Denis Leary's Asshole and House Of Pain's Jump Around. Look them up.

Last edited by Buscemi on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 am

geezer9687 wrote:Do It

What the **** was that shit Geezer.Evil or Very Mad I am not going to trust you and listen to your music choices if you do that again without a health advisory warning. pale And after you lulled me into a false sense of security earlier on by choosing Placebo. Mad

Buscemi, yours ain't working. It says embedding disabled by request.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:47 am

Let me just put them as simple links.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 am

You all got Rick Roll'd bitches!!!!!

Last edited by geezer9687 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:57 am

Buscemi wrote:The Irish Revolution is here!

Edit: well, the videos aren't working. They were Denis Leary's Asshole and House Of Pain's Jump Around. Look them up.

Good choices anyway. They are both fun, unlike being Rick Roll'd, whatever that is confused ,which was not fun at all.

Try this Irish band. Also relates to the argument from another thread about Punk being good or not.

leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Thursday's duet teams Amy Lee with Seether.

Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:43 pm

leestu wrote: The Irish Revolution is here!

Good choices anyway. They are both fun, unlike being Rick Roll'd, whatever that is confused ,which was not fun at all.
Try this Irish band. Also relates to the argument from another thread about Punk being good or not.

Johnny Was is my favourite SLF song, up there with Suspect Device

To be politically correct, they're from Northern Ireland, as opposed to Ireland ;-). Actually, we have a habit of saying the good bands (Van Morrisson, Stiff Little Fingers) are Irish and saying the crap ones (snow Patrol) are not ours
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 pm

numbersix_99 wrote:
leestu wrote: The Irish Revolution is here!

Johnny Was is my favourite SLF song, up there with Suspect Device

To be politically correct, they're from Northern Ireland, as opposed to Ireland ;-). Actually, we have a habit of saying the good bands (Van Morrisson, Stiff Little Fingers) are Irish and saying the crap ones (snow Patrol) are not ours

Well, as long as we're going all SLF here, this would be my favorite,

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by JackBurton Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:29 pm

For my Thursday post ( and the last till I get the Interweb hooked up at my new house) I'm going with one of the best bands of the 80's. Def Leppard with Rock of Ages, one of their earlier songs (as you can tell by Rick Allen having both arms). When it comes to the 80's they were the best.
JackBurton
JackBurton
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm

I'll see your Def Leppard Jack and raise you by one Simmons and Stanley:

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:46 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Do It

Wow that guy has one of the goofiest dances I have ever seen. He makes white rednecks doing line dances look like fucking Fred Astaire!
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:44 pm

I was attempting to find a video of a band that I love that nobody knows but I can't seem to find anything. They don't really exist anymore and that is a shame. They have a myspace page so I will link to that.

http://www.myspace.com/acromatheband

Check out Sun Rises Down.

One thing is that all of the songs on their Myspace Music player are not the album copies. They sound either acoustic or new versions. Perhaps because two of the band members quit or label reasons or whatever.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:09 am

Donte,

Those guys are pretty good. I really liked the songs, but the singer's voice didn't do a whole lot for me. Scrolling down to the bottom, I would loved to have seen that Wonder Stuff/Wayne Hussey show. Shows like that rarely come to this Burgh.

Here's a clip from a band that some friends of mine had back in the 80's. We really thought they had a chance to get signed, but it never happened and then life took over. I'm sure I'm somewhere in that crowd pogoing like a fool but happy that I can't identify myself. I give you The Affordable Floors.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 am

It's great that you posted Alternative Ulster Keyser and that Six mentioned Suspect Device (should've posted it but) because I spent quite a while trying to choose between Johnny Was and one of those two. Basically came down to a coin toss (metaphorically speaking of course, I don't have a 3 sided coin).

Continuing the punk theme - modern day Australian punk band - FRENZAL RHOMB (I'll keep posting Ausssie bands until I find a quality one you haven't heard of Keyser. Smile

Last edited by leestu on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:01 am

Cause the're less than 2 minutes each here's another one. Why Can't I post 2 videos in the same post? Who do you do it Geezer?

leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Donte,

Those guys are pretty good. I really liked the songs, but the singer's voice didn't do a whole lot for me. Scrolling down to the bottom, I would loved to have seen that Wonder Stuff/Wayne Hussey show. Shows like that rarely come to this Burgh.

Here's a clip from a band that some friends of mine had back in the 80's. We really thought they had a chance to get signed, but it never happened and then life took over. I'm sure I'm somewhere in that crowd pogoing like a fool but happy that I can't identify myself. I give you The Affordable Floors.

Needs polishing up but it has potential. I could see myself listening and singing along to a proper studio version of it.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:25 am

Stu,

You're going to have to keep trying as we have 2 Frenzal Rhomb CD's here in the house. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll try and e-mail you a copy of The Floors CD. There's also a vidoe of them on YouTube doing Joy Division/New Order's Temptation which was always a staple of their live shows even though they constantly got in trouble for it. I think the video is from a 2005 reunion/benefit show so it really shows how folks change in 16 years. In that one, you can actually see me and Mrs.

--Keyser (also named Stu)
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 am

Well, I'm getting back to my rock almanac today (I was on the letter F), and I'll continue with one of my favorite artists of all time. The quintessence of quiet cool and suave sexuality, with a voice that could melt butter. (Getting verklempt...)

I may very well do two or three of his videos in the next few days, they're just THAT good (and the women...).

My video pick for Thursday, December 11th:

Bryan Ferry - Limbo

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next