The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 5 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Synestro Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Monday's will be my day of the week to showcase Basmephy By a Cover. I've got the absolute worst picked out. If you've got a really bad cover please save it for Monday so that we may all mourn together.
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 5 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Donte77 Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Man SS, I am glad they had subtitles on that song. I had no idea what he was saying. Very Happy

Well I have no idea who to attribute the midgets = good music to now. Whichever of you it was deserves an award. W told me about Shortfellas and I don't remember who told me about Terror in Tiny Town. Awards all around.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:05 am

Since this is about the music we each individually like here is a softer band that I love. Band of Horses with "No One's Gonna Love You."

Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:31 am

numbersix_99 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Ladies and Gentleman, I give you James.
They should have been the next Smiths, but coulda, woulda shoulda......

I never thought there could be someone more annoying than Morrissey, but the James lead singer managed it. At least Morrissey could write good songs ;-)

Wow!!!!! In the words of Rob Gordon, "That's some cold shit" Again, that's what's so great about this thread. We're all getting exposed to everyone else's musical choices, and we're discovering some new stuff that we like as well as stuff that just don't float our boats.

Here's my choice of the day by another band I can't believe I forgot to nominate, The Chameleons UK. The song is called Swamp Thing, hope you like it. It's got a 2 minute musical intro so don't give up on it too soon

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 am

Hey Keyser, the video doesn't work...says it's no longer available.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:53 am

mfrendo wrote:Hey Keyser, the video doesn't work...says it's no longer available.

Son of a bitch. (Said in best Cartman voice)

Let's see if this works. No, video, but you do get the song. The dud e sure can write some hauntingly graphic visuals with his lyrics.

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by JackBurton Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:13 am

here's one from Nonpoint that I've had in my head for a while.

JackBurton
JackBurton
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannix2121 Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:29 am

Haha this video makes me laugh everytime I hear just the song...gotta love Chevy...

Mannix2121
Mannix2121
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 am

From one of the greatest comedy teams of all-time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIbp5C-5WXM
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:44 am

Okay, I've finally broken into the letter "F", and I've already found one of my favorite alternative songs from the early 90s:

The Farm - Groovy Train

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:52 am

Here's one that's slightly off the kilter. "Sit Down John" from the play 1776. You can fast forward to 1:53 if you just want to hear the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HD1x_kZRQQ

Last edited by JackO on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid youtube.)
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Mannix2121 wrote:Haha this video makes me laugh everytime I hear just the song...gotta love Chevy...

Great song, but is it just me or does Chevy looked coked up to his eyeballs in it?
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Classic. Any song that rhymes 'dance' and 'hands' is alright by me. And it has a Donte-friendly midget!

A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:54 pm

A_Roode wrote:Classic. Any song that rhymes 'dance' and 'hands' is alright by me. And it has a Donte-friendly midget!

Would I be embarassing myslef if I said that I saw these guys in concert? Because if I would, then I didn't.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:05 pm

These guys never amounted to much, but this one song always did the trick for me. Discovered them when I was out in San Diego one year for ComiCon back in the early 90's (Hell, it wasn't even called ComiCon then). If you don't like Ska, don't even bother clicking.

The band is called Buck-O-Nine, and this is "My Town"

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:10 pm

Taking a break from the covers, today's selection pays homage to 20th Century American Icon Bob Ross. ROLL THE FOOTAGE!

Damn! worth the copy and paste. Sorry

Last edited by Synestro on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : won't play)
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by JackBurton Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Lovin the Bob Ross, he could make a serial killer mellow out. He is just so cool. Here is the best song and video of 1986.
JackBurton
JackBurton
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Dude that was hilarious! Since I couldn't get Bob Ross to play you've inspired me to put up another actor turned singer.
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:23 am

You guys crack me up... but if you're going to do Don Johnson (gack) and Eddie Murphy, you just have to include this guy, who's had one or two mildly successful films....

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chienfantome Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:16 am

Wow, I am LATE on that thread !!!

So you wanna know what a cinephile Frenchy listens to ?
(the girl you see in this clip is french actress Melanie Laurent, the female lead in Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds)

Chienfantome
Chienfantome
Donnie Darko
Donnie Darko

http://limpossibleblogcine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JackBurton Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:40 am

here is one actor turn singer I never knew about, and glad of it.

JackBurton
JackBurton
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 pm

I've never done this before and not sure how so bear with me if it doesn't work at first.

Here is an Australian band that I have no idea wether they are known anywhere else. I love the lyrics to this song. Check it out. If anyone likes it I will post more of their stuff. It's all good.

leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Yo, leestu, who is that? That was pretty cool. I hadn't heard it before.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Another of my favorite covers.
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:34 pm

mfrendo wrote:Yo, leestu, who is that? That was pretty cool. I hadn't heard it before.

The Cat Empire from Melbourne. Crap name but great band. I will post another of theirs tomorrow.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next